Path of Exile versus Grim Dawn

There is no definitive answer to PoE vs. GD.
so play both :)
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Thanks for all the responses, people. It's been very helpful. For now, I think I'll just wait and see how Grim Dawn develops (although I'll keep an eye out for a sale offer). PoE is still my fave, especially with a new challenge league coming up in 2 weeks. :D

P.S.: Feel free to keep discussing, if you feel like it. :)
"
Exile009 wrote:
(although I'll keep an eye out for a sale offer)

If a 50% sale and small donation to charity is tempting, the Humble Store is selling the game for €13.79. As far as I can tell, 50% off is the best discount Crate has offered to date.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"
Sarno wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
(although I'll keep an eye out for a sale offer)

If a 50% sale and small donation to charity is tempting, the Humble Store is selling the game for €13.79. As far as I can tell, 50% off is the best discount Crate has offered to date.

Thanks! However, that'll actually be much more expensive for me than the game's current price due to conversion rates lol. No hurry. I'll just wait for an offer to come up in my region. :)
Last edited by Exile009 on Nov 21, 2016, 8:24:20 AM
GD is a pretty good game, not quite as into it as POE since it's not so much my style. Currently only sitting on about 60 hours in GD, while I'm sitting on 1250 in POE
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
Tried it at a friends place way back but havent purchased it myself, ive been considering purchasing it myself however, though im probably going to spend my money on an actual monitor and such instead on Black Friday, haha.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Tried it at a friends place way back but havent purchased it myself, ive been considering purchasing it myself however, though im probably going to spend my money on an actual monitor and such instead on Black Friday, haha.

I want a 1440p 144hz Gsync monitor. They're still rather expensive but I'm hoping for some good deals...
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

I want a 1440p 144hz Gsync monitor. They're still rather expensive but I'm hoping for some good deals...
My rig cant even run something like that, which makes me happy in a weird way because it makes me not want the really expensive new IPS monitors that have been coming out, haha.

Still using a GTX660, though my Processor is pretty good, i7 3770k. Im sure im going to have to replace my GTX660 though in a year or two cause new games Graphics are freaking nuts. System requirements for new games through the roof.

The most recent new game ive tried was DOOM 2016, surprisingly i was able to run it pretty well with a mix of max/medium settings (medium on the more intensive things like shadows) at 60-70 fps. I can still run alot of new stuff but if i want to play it at its best quality it gets pretty rough.

I ordered a new monitor a bit ago, nothing too special but a decent cheap one on sale for black friday (I dont think id find one cheaper with as good specs). Then i got some external speakers because unlike a TV most monitors dont have speakers anymore cause they were generally bad anyways and considered bloat because of that. Picked up a cheap but decent logitech speaker set too, though i missed the deal on the speakers but it was only a few bucks cheaper than normal for the black friday deal.

Edit- Looks like Grim Dawn is in another humble bundle too, $14 unlock price though, soo about half off from the $24 normal price. I think they have DLC though youd have to buy but still much cheaper than normal, wouldnt be a bad deal at all if OP is interested in it.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Nov 23, 2016, 8:57:50 AM
I've got bored with GD rather quickly. Same maps, same quests, same enemies... Its just boring with time.

But i recommend on trying out at least to experience it.
If you are just playing a single game non-stop it will get stale and you will suffer a burnout.
Grim Dawn is a decent way to....remember why i like PoE so much.
Tho i must agree,i do hate Grim Dawn's lack of speed.
Usually what i do is i play PoE when a new league starts,at around a month into the league i take a small break,like week or two,and play something simple instead - Grim Dawn,Torchlight 1 and 2,Dungeon Siege 1 and 2,stuff like that. Then i come back and finish the league^^
No rest for the wicked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info