Blight

"
azraelb wrote:
I really dont get the hate towards blight here.

Sure the AoE is really small and you have to be rather close (more dangerous in HC), but the damage is so much better than ED.

a full 20 stack blight has almost 4 times!!! more base damage than ED, blight does apply 50% MORE dmg debuff and hinder is nice too.

The new gloves also make blight the best league starter skill by far.
Buy the gloves and you have pretty much a 6L with lvl 20 gem and lvl 3 empower for less than 10c atm^^

on top of that:
- 30% chaos dmg
- 30% hinder duration

=> imho the gloves are BiS for most chaos builds.

tooltip dps doesn't matter that much for boss fight. since you can't leech from blight you are not gonna just stand there and do 100% of the theoretical dps. also ED regens from the dmg it deals. so unless blight gets a similar / same regen / leech mechanics like ED it will remain noncompetitive, on HC at least.
/forum/view-thread/869543 all my builds' compilation
Please PM me on forum to inform me if I won an auction. Thank you.
Last edited by abcnever on Aug 25, 2017, 9:30:45 PM
"
abcnever wrote:

tooltip dps doesn't matter that much for boss fight. since you can't leech from blight you are not gonna just stand there and do 100% of the theoretical dps.

But thats not how blight works.
Blight isnt a chaos damage incinerate. You dont have to channel all the time facetanking to do 100% of its dmg.
If you have enough cast speed and duration, then you reach max stacks in around 2 sec and a stack lasts around 6s.
You also dont have to maintain max stacks to have more damage than ED btw...

And blight does have a defensive mechanic... hinder isnt that bad when you get some duration.

But lets say you really dont want to use blight as a main skill, then you still can get the gloves, put in AoE and e.g. CwC + two curses.
This will give you a support skill, that gives you a 50% inc. dmg taken debuff, hinder and applies two curses on top of your blasphemy with maybe 1sec channel time.

I mean yeah maybe blight could get another buff, but it is really not as bad as a lot of people say.
And the gloves make it one of the best low budget league starters ever...

A great QoL would be if we could control whether Blight emits a short, wide cone (like it does now) or a long thin cone depending on how far away our cursor is. Something like how we can control the spread angle on multiple projectile skills.

Also, what if Blight applied hinder on every cast, but the hinder was reduced by X% per stack on the target*? It would be a more organic and intuitive implementation than the current 'hinder enemies not debuffed by Blight' IMO. Plus it would make the Spreading Rot threshold jewel more practical against bosses.

*assuming we want to keep the dichotomy between hinder and damage, that is
Last edited by PoofySleeves on Aug 30, 2017, 7:25:17 AM
The blights gloves allelopathy have cemented blight as a secondary skill to boost ED characters ABYSMAL single target. However it certainly succeeds at this roll, allowing very clean early shaper kills on a budget.

The threshhold jewel allows blight to be used as a quasi vaal lightning trap (pre nerf) and hinder is pretty good with the gloves and both jewels with temporal chains.

Still, it feels bad that ED is basically forced into the gloves for any semblance of singlet target that doesn't make you want to gouge your eyes out while leveling and for end game bosses like shaper.

These two skills should be functional on their own but the devs seem to have forced the two together with a unique.
"
Gravethought wrote:
The blights gloves allelopathy have cemented blight as a secondary skill to boost ED characters ABYSMAL single target. However it certainly succeeds at this roll, allowing very clean early shaper kills on a budget.

The threshhold jewel allows blight to be used as a quasi vaal lightning trap (pre nerf) and hinder is pretty good with the gloves and both jewels with temporal chains.

Still, it feels bad that ED is basically forced into the gloves for any semblance of singlet target that doesn't make you want to gouge your eyes out while leveling and for end game bosses like shaper.

These two skills should be functional on their own but the devs seem to have forced the two together with a unique.

Leveled my blight character just fine. Nothing wrong with the skill. Clearspeed is really not that bad when you just keep moving from pack to pack. You know, since the dot lasts for quite a while (with proper gear and skill tree) you don't have to stand there and wait for the mobs to die. Apply 2-3 stacks, move on. Only downside is that sometimes you might have to go back if something interesting drops.

Still, I don't get all he hate for this skill. It's fine, imho.
Since blight cannot use advantage of concentrated effect, does the skill tree nodes like Amplify affect it's area damage?
"
phatschtuff wrote:
Since blight cannot use advantage of concentrated effect, does the skill tree nodes like Amplify affect it's area damage?

It's the exact same modifier, so no.
I have the following question about blight.

I have blight spell totem support in my gloves and a blight in my chest does this mean I get 40 blight stacks or am I wasting my time, I have no idea how to test it.

Edit: found it scrolling back through the thread. It does if someone else wants to know.
Last edited by okioneshotu on Sep 22, 2017, 8:19:39 AM
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Feb 5, 2018, 12:59:18 PM
skill is broken in pvp wtf. 10k life is capped chaos and dead in 1 sec- WTF are you testing the dots skills for pvp at all?
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info