Content Update 2.4.2 Deployed

It has occurred to me that some player's computers may not be up to snuff and that is why they are continuously crashing.

Several fixes for the crashing that I have found are as follows:
1. Run the game in windowed mode only.
2. Run the game as administrator.
3. You may need a possible graphics card upgrade needed and or increased run time memory.

I run a Dell Inspirion with an AMD. my game is on a laptop. Those with desk tops and better specs should not be crashing. Try fixes 1 and 2.

Val
"
ScottD wrote:
The 64bit crashed imediately for me at first as well. I followed the advice in another thread to delete C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\My Games\Path of Exile\production_config.ini and run the 64bit client in admin mode and all is good now.

The client runs great.

This fix worked for me too (but if I try Fullscreen it crashes) so resetting all your options seems to work. But stay away from fullscreen, but borderless works.
For all those for whom the game is crashing on startup, the problem seems to be with fullscreen mode. So you'll have to play in windowed fullscreen until they have a fix for it.

Of course, you can't change the mode if the game immediately crashes. Here's a solution to that -

1)Go to the Path of Exile folder in your systems My Documents folder (NOT where PoE is installed).

2)You'll see a file named "production_Config.ini". Delete it (make a backup first, of course).

3)Now start the game and it should work. Note that all your settings (including your key bindings) would have reverted to their defaults, so you'll have to change them all again as per preferences.

4)Alternately, you can try editing the file by opening it in Notepad, but that's trickier. Also, I'm not sure if that actually works since there may be more settings issues than just the fullscreen one that need changing. Easier to just reset.

Hope this helps.
Played about 4 hours today... 5 dc's so far and 1 freaking crash <_< way to go ggg! can't wait till the next patch that suppose to make it better but only make it worse really pisses me off :S
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
not bad ggg, work fine for me, windowed mode, dx9 w/o problems, dx11 a bit blury...

Intel Core i5-6600k, ASRock Fatal1ty Z170, G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3200, XFX Radeon RX 480 GTR Black Edition,
Crucial MX300 SSD
Guessing there is still a problem as there is no way it is going to run. I have tried a few things none of which work. It crashes on startup. Cannot even enter details...
I have successfully logged in via the 64bit.exe from the game folder location. The desktop shortcut no longer works for some reason...
I am baffled about people that can't understand the concept of a BETA patch.

Do you even understand what beta means?

For those that can't even launch it on steam,go to your x32,make it windowed full screen.Now it should work on dx11.

Temporal solution,but that's the whole concept of betas,to test and make changes.

As for me,its very good right now for my rig.Unbelievable.A friend of mine has a good rog and always envied how it looked on his setup.Now,on my punny rig in low its almost like I upgraded my PC and reached almost his graphic fidelity.

Bye bye desync!
Last edited by elwindakos on Nov 18, 2016, 11:30:17 AM
Can't run the 64 bit client (hoping for a fix before 2.5.0), but that's not a huge deal. 32 bit client still great...

What I really want to know is WHEN CAN I BUY MY CAPE DAMMIT.
U MAD?
"
elwindakos wrote:
I am baffled about people that can't understand the concept of a BETA patch.

Do you even understand what beta means?

im playing from 1.3.0 patch and see that it is "Path of endless beta" ))

p.s. still can't turn off that f*cking shadows.
Last edited by rrurrer03 on Nov 18, 2016, 11:40:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info