Self Cast Molten Shell Elementalist

"
Kikoyou wrote:
So, I'm theorycrafting a same kind of build for the next league. It's not going to be the exact same.

First of all, i'm ASHAMED that none have thought about using elemental equilibrium. Come on ! A simple setup on the helm CWDT lvl1 - Ice Nova - Curse on Hit - Flamability would proc BEFORE the chest and set a -94% elemental resistance (and free curse !).

I intend to play with a weapon swap. Brighbeak + shield with a CWDT lvl 1 setup, and leap slam setup + fortify, in order to moove fast. The other weapon will be a +1+2 fire staff, using this setup : MS - Fire Pen - Controlled Destruction - Empower - Elemental prolif - Increase AOE.

Why elemen prolif, and not using the elementalist ? Because the true difficulty of this game are the bosses. Ignite won't work well on them, as they reduce curse effectiveness. I'll swap Elem Prolif and increase AOE for Concentrated Effect and Elem Focus. And BTW Witch radius for prolif is 9, elem prolif radius is 12.

And elem prolif will help me reducing my damages in order not to get OS by reflect. This plus a fire resist potion will do the trick.

As I'm using only ONE unique (Scold's), i'll be able to stack 6K+ HP. I'll reach even more armor without a shield by using endurance charges. If I ain't got enough armour, I could always swap a ring for a Kaom's ring.

With the Zerker ascendancies, i'll reach 62% increase attack speed simply by using a Doerdre potion while needed (-50 Chaos resistance = 15% life taken on use) and will get a 100% life leech when needed.

The Zerker will also provide the very-effective-in-this-build mana leech in order to be able to sustain the high mana cost spell, even in hexproff maps. But I'm also thinking about crafting on the +1+2 staff Vagan's "supported by level 1 blood magic". It will increase the mana cost and grant me a 7 link.

Tree : https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAMbYWGM9_IzP9khfPxQg7w4aPny4KS7xrFcN85toZZZskc7SIfJBggfZfNlhrY3PfhkuJ-0GDtR8CfbE9sauPC2DX4PMtz7-Cti9C2Hv69Af8kU64aZXaPLwH6IABLPAZjwF73yf35o7gpvtPNWm7DiFe2ZUOtgnL5BVGjgBkS3Su-3kIhpsNukkqhZv42qdrgN1kStYd18EpwjYJFZIr2xVxoPbPV9SU5eVTLMEBx8CNsVN4_6PNZLr7prgRZ1TUhzcjxq4kyj6mK3qECGQX9D4X5hXFukkN78IbRlqQ8BUCPSX9J7NpzAB5xv6Jd-2LKQZFE38S7yfGJE=

Check out my character CastnPopnCast https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Nenivrak/characters

I'd be using a +3 mace/staff if I had the currency to get one with blood magic craft. Also did consider EE but with 90% mitigation even a level 1 CWDT won't proc every cast so I saved myself 2 points, works alright on bosses with orb of storms proccing too though
Hey,

I still had a scolds from perandus so I found a bunch of armor items and gave it a try, however I was only able to get 1 proc per 2 casts for a level 21 molten shell + voidbringers (obviously without echo, 421 mana cost). I have about 800 less flat armor but did skip the soul of steel cluster in favor of jewel sockets. As a result I only have 16k armor in hideout - I take 1043 dmg per empty cast. At 20k armor with a basalt I can trigger a level 19 MS each cast. So I guess what I'm trying to ask is how much more mitigation do I need for the level 21 to proc?

Should I invest 3 points into flask effect or more permanent armor? Getting rid of voidbringers and buying a vanguard belt will offer 400-600 base armor. Grabbing combat stamina would gain 35% armor and 5% life, whereas using Energised Armour on templar start would be 20% + 20% x3 per node and witch es would become 20% + 24% per node. Oh and melding area would have 50% armor as well - I assume that's something you have already?

gear

Don't mind the gems

flasks

Sapping gets rid of the top of mana pool, zerphi has about 8 second of protection against suicides. Flask recovery might mess this up.

"
Nenivrak wrote:
Check out my character CastnPopnCast https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Nenivrak/characters

I'd be using a +3 mace/staff if I had the currency to get one with blood magic craft. Also did consider EE but with 90% mitigation even a level 1 CWDT won't proc every cast so I saved myself 2 points, works alright on bosses with orb of storms proccing too though

Awesome stuff. I copied it, and made a build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1772897
Last edited by siliconlife on Nov 29, 2016, 7:05:39 AM
Awsome concept - thanks for sharing! I can already see that this build could have huge potential if further optimized and developed

Sadly it requires a Scold's, which isn't that easy to obtain in a new league. Also the math effort required to make this build run properly will scare most players away, sadly...
"
Schaller wrote:
Hey,

I still had a scolds from perandus so I found a bunch of armor items and gave it a try, however I was only able to get 1 proc per 2 casts for a level 21 molten shell + voidbringers

I usually just put another fevered mind jewel until it casts reliably. Most important is to have more armour than everything else.

Imho other possibilities are endurance charges and AA.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info