PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .
Xbox servers are restarting in:
Sony servers are restarting in:

LLD Blast Rain Damage.

It's completely broken, any one disagree?
God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
Last bumped on Nov 23, 2016, 6:15:51 AM
Well that completely depends on what you compare it to. Barrage can fairly easy do more damage than blast rain and things like properly linked CWS combo will do even more damage.

Blast rain is only good because of its interaction with T-value.. Just like the above mentioned things are as well.
"
lapiz wrote:
Well that completely depends on what you compare it to. Barrage can fairly easy do more damage than blast rain and things like properly linked CWS combo will do even more damage.

I do not get owned by barrage, or cws everytime I see it.

Raw damage isn't the problem with it. It's the mechanics of the skill. The explosions overlap, that's the problem.

It shotguns just as bad as LA and the old broken frost wall. Without the extra skill, of placing frost walls.
God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
Last edited by ripnburn69 on Nov 13, 2016, 1:00:02 PM
it doesnt hard as LA or Barrage.

but yeah, LA requires walls to work,

barrage can be outmicro'ed with some tricks,

blast rain however lacks T value as mentioned before. it hits hard but in HLD there are ways to deal with it. In LLD it can be a big problem like any other aoe skill which lacks T value to make it even with other skills. if that's what you wanna hear, yes, it's one of the "broken" skills.

i dont know if you can use smoke mines in LLD, they work pretty well against blast rain.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
ripnburn69 wrote:
"
lapiz wrote:

I do not get owned by barrage, or cws everytime I see it.

Raw damage isn't the problem with it. It's the mechanics of the skill. The explosions overlap, that's the problem.

It shotguns just as bad as LA and the old broken frost wall. Without the extra skill, of placing frost walls.

You just haven't seen any proper chars built around those things because no one plays the game. I'm just saying what is possible. Barrage(+ice shot) and CWS(+almost any spell) chars can both be stronger than bis geared blast rainer.
Blast Rain itself I don't feel is any more broken than anything else. Any of the broken-ness you see is because of the same ol' AoE overlap shotgun damage. Same story with EA, Fireball, and pretty much any other OP skill. IMO, AoE projectile shotgunning should've been done away with when they did away with non-proj spell shotgunning a la EK.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
Ahfack wrote:
Blast Rain itself I don't feel is any more broken than anything else. Any of the broken-ness you see is because of the same ol' AoE overlap shotgun damage. Same story with EA, Fireball, and pretty much any other OP skill. IMO, AoE projectile shotgunning should've been done away with when they did away with non-proj spell shotgunning a la EK.

New chat interface was priority along with every other shit implementation that has no bearing on true game balance. For now every other scrub will just keep playing whats broken/ignored/troll or free.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
A pure LLD question is asked and suddenly 3 guys who have never even touched LLD start making statements -.-

Ahfack, the aoe overlap issue, which is very evident in HLD, is not as big of an issue in LLD. EA is complete and utter junk in LLD in case you didnt know.

Also rup, as an example, LA has been among the worst skills in LLD even before fw nerf. It was always inferior to everything else.

Eventhough the same T values and skill mechanics apply to both LLD and HLD, they are still 2 completely different worlds. Did you know that bladefall is probably the best spell in LLD although it is horrible in HLD? There are a ton of other similar cases with items, skills, supports etc

Last edited by lapiz on Nov 14, 2016, 2:28:33 AM
Thx for a nice start of the day, our hld experts and friends have spoken :)
And yes, BlastRain is op/broken in all LLD formulas (unique only, 4LnoQuality, no limits), for sure in top5 broken things.
So not many LLDers use it with pride, use it only as a swap on bow :)
Have fun, keep playing no-cwdt auto-cast pvp!
What Lapiz said.

If you are playing bower i can suggest using split arrow, smoke mine (like rup mentioned), get a lot of movement speed and move around with flame dash and blink arrow and maybe even a fast wb swap for quick repositioning although i do not really use it that often anymore since i am pretty fast and the arenas are quite small. All you can do is not getting hit which is, thankfully, not thaaat hard as long as you are concentrated, use the things mentioned above and learn what the max distance of blast rain is while watching the mini map (that will take some time). If you are playing it right you should only see your opponent on the mini map or have obstacles in between where your opponent cant shoot around.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info