[2.6] -273,15 °Crit-Trapper (Shaper farmer, deathless) + Budget Version (below 3 exa)

what do you mean by "other source"? 1 source is enough. you won't reach -100% fire res if thats what you expecting, not sure otherwise what you could mean

the EE application is not perfect for orb of storms, especially for following traps, you will always hit the enemy sometimes with traps which will suffer +25% extra fire res.

btw: pretty damn sure that golems doesnt proc EE
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Nov 21, 2016, 4:52:01 AM
Why not fire/cold penetration instead less duration?
didnt had the colors and as far as my calc goes it just adds a bit on the damage compared to less duration (why? because we have already so much res penetration, the returns are diminishing). also when you take into account what i stated few times:

"
the reduced effect duration is also nice to have because it lowers the ignite duration (while preserving the whole damage) -> you can ignite more often in a certain timeframe -> more damage in the end

then less duration wins all the way
Can Saboteur be as good as this?
"
JiraZT wrote:
Can Saboteur be as good as this?

nope. the advantage of saboteur is that you can throw many traps and stack trap damage. this is totally NOT what we do here, we throw "one powerful" trap instead of many. for ignite it doesnt make sense, for poison builds it's meta tho (because each poison application stacks).
so besides 10% extra ele penetration saboteur would have like zero point, and in this case elementalist is muuuch stronger with all his elemental damage adds and the penetrations (and some extra shocks / ignites)
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Nov 24, 2016, 5:26:26 AM
So I saw on your profile that you are playing a poison version, with 2 consuming darks.

So, which one of the 2 is stronger. Elementalist ignite or saboteur poison?
saboteur with conversion is a different build, a prototype atm, and has nothing to do with the build here. elementalist ignite is a mature build.
will probably make an alternative build (yes with poison) in 2.5, but probably it will be assassin, so let's be surprised
"
saboteur with conversion is a different build, a prototype atm, and has nothing to do with the build here. elementalist ignite is a mature build.
will probably make an alternative build (yes with poison) in 2.5, but probably it will be assassin, so let's be surprised

Yeah I know its a different type of build, but I was just wondering which one of the 2 you think is better. But I will wait for you to make your build guide.
i made some effort in theorycrafting the poison version but we have to expect some changes to poison or double dipping or ignite; or all together. really can't plan something at the moment
I like the build and i think I will try it out in the breach league as my very first trapper. There's one thing I'm not sure if i understand it correctly tho: You use the orb of storms solely to trigger the 25% fire penetration from the mastermind of discord node? So every few seconds you cast the orb, right?

Edit: And a second question: In the videos you throw multiple traps. Do you use that for trash clearing and for bosses single trap? Which skill are you using, multiple traps or cluster traps and which gem do you replace with it in the chest?
Last edited by Avacyn on Nov 25, 2016, 9:37:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info