Build of the Week S06E08 Ranged Attack Totem Tactical Nuke by russelhentz

Doesn't the Hinekora, Death's Fury ascendancy give the build fire damage on attacks so long as it has killed recently? This would make elemental equilibrium hurt, not help. Right?
Wait, what?
Assuming that Totems apply Elemental Equilibrium, speccing into Hinekora, Death's Fury makes no sense at all. Even if you have zero fire damage on gear, the 20% of phys added as fire will trigger fire equilibrium.

Or did I get something wrong?
Very clever and creative build! Nicely done.
"
IceyDevil wrote:
I think it makes sense, but I'm not a developer.

Totem attacks enemy
Totem ignites enemy
Totem receives 100 fire damage reflect from amulet
Totem ignores fire damage due to immunity

If you think about it as an order of operations, being immune to damage doesn't mean you aren't hit by whatever caused the damage. The calculation for the damage you take happens after the hit happens, the hit still had to happen for that calculation to take place.

This doesn't make me nearly as upset as being unable to be stunned by hiltless reflect damage.

I can accept that being hit, but immune to the damage, means you were still hit.

But... I just feel like you're hit when a skeleton comes along and hits you in the head with a club. An amulet worn by a friendly might damage you, but I'm not sure it should hit you.

If you get a papercut I'm not sure you can claim the paper 'hit' you.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
"see you on the other side" is this a hint to the second difficulty we will get when cruel and merciless is removed? like another playthough in an ghostly enviroment or something?

btw: crazy cool buildidea
Last edited by Lagis on Nov 2, 2016, 6:15:20 PM
barrage is sometimes considered the better option
https://youtu.be/Dt9GwmOWoqo
What is hapenning in the end of the video, some totem attacking a mob and the mob keeps being taunted back and forth for some reasons.
"
Woodfist wrote:
Wait, what?
Assuming that Totems apply Elemental Equilibrium, speccing into Hinekora, Death's Fury makes no sense at all. Even if you have zero fire damage on gear, the 20% of phys added as fire will trigger fire equilibrium.

Or did I get something wrong?

Since your totems do the killing and not 'you', that buff will never activate.

EDIT: nvm, looking at an old version of the offline skill tree. Apparently, the actual explanation is that since the phys dmg is so low (1-1) that it does not add any fire damage.
Last edited by SooperNoodle on Nov 2, 2016, 6:44:18 PM
been waiting for someone to make a ranged attack totem build again been so long since a good one
just awesome design and very creative well done mate,

on the other hand, ya clear speed is low but

1- its HC, very diff story than SC we play
2- some people doesnt care gogogogogo clear speed builds, rather chill and safe with medicore clear speed is accaptable
3- play the build you want, play the build you created ; its always better than being copying a build from forum/youtube and paste :D

stay safe in hc !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info