[removed]

You should all define terms before doing the math.

More isn't a function and less isn't either. Those are poe terms. Negative res would be a lot more and positive res would be a lot less (variable of course vs damage types and penetration amount). Considering they affect the damage total received/dealt.

Incandescent Heart can yield a return on a life based build vs even general penetration. Considering there is no source of chaos penetration. There is no longer parity between penetration and the amount being dealt. 1;1 vs 1;.75

Retaining your resistance will carry more weight per value considering it's application the further you are away from 0. - or +
Which of course is the primary use of a talisman.

Focus is a more modifier. true. If you had no other sources of "more" then you could argue that it affects the total in parity. Negative/positive res take more modifiers into account in relation to how more modifiers take increased/reduced damage into account and so on.

Last edited by ShinFuuma on Nov 1, 2016, 2:32:02 PM
Talisman might be only good with build using block/over 50 dodge?.

I tested my 50%fire to cold + this shield giving 20% so 70% fire>cold conversion(?) and VS fireball builds or even good EA I was still getting 1-2 shot.

Actualy VS EA this shield giving 25% chance to avoid fire damage was way better than talisman when I tested it lol.

I also have the 50% lightning to fire and same, this was doing nothing vs LA-HOT-lightning skills.

In any case I was not too impressed with talismans, seems only good vs low dps but again I don t use block.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Nov 1, 2016, 2:52:57 PM
We used those terms because they are trivial for most of the people reading these forums. More is (1 + y / 100) * x and less is x * (y - 100) / 100 where x is the original damage and y is the number percent used fot the multiplier.

Difference between penetration values is hard to calculate in head and I just showcased some examples that how much of a less multiplier would be equal with changing certain penetration values to other.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

thats how damage increases with more penetration. logarithmic in other words.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Nov 1, 2016, 3:34:49 PM

Markusz, could you do the math for 50%talis/pen gem/no Ele focus vs no 50%talis/Ele focus/no pen gem?
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
Head_Less wrote:
Talisman might be only good with build using block/over 50 dodge?.

I tested my 50%fire to cold + this shield giving 20% so 70% fire>cold conversion(?) and VS fireball builds or even good EA I was still getting 1-2 shot.

Actualy VS EA this shield giving 25% chance to avoid fire damage was way better than talisman when I tested it lol.

I also have the 50% lightning to fire and same, this was doing nothing vs LA-HOT-lightning skills.

In any case I was not too impressed with talismans, seems only good vs low dps but again I don t use block.

Try using more defense layers that stack one way or another. Get more max resists, use fire dmg avoidance shield, use incandescent heart or brass dome, use talismans, use AA, block, dodge, mind over matter and aquamarine pot. Tadaa even with 5k hp you wont get killed by fireballs anymore (okay you wont be dealing much damage either).

Even with a pool of 5k life, having so many layers on top of each other makes you way tankier than someone with 20k ES without defences.

In your "test", you were probably using just 1-2 of these layers which doesnt really differ from 0 layers.

Talismans are significant and even overpowered when stacked with other defences (especially when combined with things that increase maximum resists to the converted element, hello pathfinder)

qq
Last edited by lapiz on Nov 1, 2016, 5:09:49 PM
"
Talismans are significant and even overpowered when stacked with other defences (especially when combined with things that increase maximum resists to the converted element, hello pathfinder)

thats what i'm talking about. expecting miracles from talismans alone is something that most of people fail to realize.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
To sum it up...

Don't....

Play 2h melee

Do...

Play bow, 1h melee, caster

why?

stack defenses + abuse zerphi's + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Maybe we need some of these changes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaBK164coJM

Would do the game some good....ya that was sarcasm, these are fuuuuuucking stupid.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Nov 1, 2016, 7:58:54 PM
"
MullaXul wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaBK164coJM

Would do the game some good....ya that was sarcasm, these are fuuuuuucking stupid.

Watched it earlier and I think for what he was trying to achieve, he was rather on point. He wasn't trying to make Oro's EA great again you know?
[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Sep 1, 2017, 12:45:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info