HC Temp leagues: An endangered species?

"
"
Barivius wrote:
Players that leave HC for the sole purpose to get easier MTX in a SC league, really weren't HC players anyway.
100%

Eh, idk. If I really liked the mtx I might reroll in sc to get it, but I have no idea about these apparent mtz rewards anyways.

What is it like a 40/40 reward or something? Cuz if so fuck that noise if rather just buy it :p

EDIT: found it, they kind of suck imo, not worth the trouble although I'll probably end up getting the footprints anyhow.

And yeah, the problems with hc leagues these days are largely related to random one shots and lab so it's going to take some work for poe to get back to that big population.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Oct 28, 2016, 12:33:48 PM
"
ADFuel wrote:

-HC-only MTX will give players bragging rights -- for in HC, nothing is guaranteed

That is the one and only reason for this thread.

As a SC player, I can tell you, there's nothing attractive or appealing in HC for me. I play the game to have fun, not to be full time tense about the one shot possibility.

I have tried it once and it's just not fun. I hardly doubt that any SC will join HC just for a different kind of reward. Unless is a HUGE, like HUGEEE difference.

I can't think about another reason that HC is dying besides the lack of balance.
Last edited by SupaMF on Oct 28, 2016, 1:09:34 PM
"
"
ADFuel wrote:

Well, they are called 'challenges' not 'participation trophies'.

Doing the challenges with a fast build takes dozens of hours of dedicated effort at the minimum. Vocal hardcore players should show more respect for the efforts of softcore players. You don't get people on side by denigrating their accomplishments and criticizing them for how they choose to enjoy the game.

I do not support your suggestion. In fact I would be very disappointed and consider halting my financial support of the game if they did this.

No one was criticizing SC players. I was suggesting there should be differences in the rewards between HC and SC. It's a bit silly that such a policy would result in you 'considering halting financial support' especially as you were just saying that you might stop playing the game regardless. Moreover, it wouldn't affect SC - so why such a heated response?
"-Players stay away from HC for fear of missing out on these MTX rewards"

bulls<cough>hit. HC will be always superior for people who only accept HC challenge. Not a single shiny graphic thing will change that.
I've only ever played SC because of my internet connection (wireless ftw). While different colored mtxs would be a neat addition for HC players, it would only temp give that league more players. Once they finish them, they will leave like they do now.

The biggest problem is just the game balance. It gets harder and harder to justify more builds in the end game. In a game driven by diversity, it sorely lacks in that department. GGG markets and hypes new content every 3 months, they don't spend as much time on fixing up some of these older issues.

This is the first league I took my SC charcter into the red tiers and I felt a few one shots and near one shots. This despite building very tanky. I can see why other characters who may not have access to all this would just not bother. It feels incredible cheap in most cases to die to stuff like this. Even when streamers die, they laugh it off... but you can see that look in their eyes for a second where they are kind of pissed about it.

Your idea isn't bad, I would dare say that... HC player should perhaps get different mtxs as well. But there is more work to be done on the game to bring a higher volume of HC players.

QQ Truly Hardcore QQ
People only playing HC because they like it is better than the alternative of some people playing HC only to get MTX even though they don't like it.
ign: Quepha
I dont see why HC deserves their own rewards. HC and SC is the same, only difference is you have 1 life in HC which is not a big deal if you play a build that never dies anyways. The hardest part of HC could be leveling up in the beggining. But if you already know what to expect it is hard to die anyways.

So in short there is no point in HC because it is not HC at all. HC is not harder than softcore because the game doesnt change. Monsters deal the same damage, have the same health, and reists. You have the same resist penalties, and the same possible offensive and defensive capabilities.

There is no difference here and thus HC is not even a bragging right as is. When HC is actually HC then yeah, they deserve some bragging right rewards. But as long as log out macros are allowed, it is literally no different and deserves no special treatment.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
"
Jgizle wrote:
I dont see why HC deserves their own rewards. HC and SC is the same, only difference is you have 1 life in HC which is not a big deal if you play a build that never dies anyways. The hardest part of HC could be leveling up in the beggining. But if you already know what to expect it is hard to die anyways.

So in short there is no point in HC because it is not HC at all. HC is not harder than softcore because the game doesnt change. Monsters deal the same damage, have the same health, and reists. You have the same resist penalties, and the same possible offensive and defensive capabilities.

There is no difference here and thus HC is not even a bragging right as is. When HC is actually HC then yeah, they deserve some bragging right rewards. But as long as log out macros are allowed, it is literally no different and deserves no special treatment.

/facepalm
HC is more of a psychology than anything

people play HC and CHEAT just so they can say TO OTHERS that they are superiour. yes, alt-f4 is cheating, macros are cheating, auto-pots are cheating. yet people in HC do it PUBLICLY (streams etc) and they somehow have no problems bragging about them playing HC-only

it is a hypocrisy

as for the HC rewards. as long as the alt-f4 exists there shouldnt be any separate rewards. it is ofc harder to reach 40/40 in HC but the mere fact it is mostly done with CHEATS makes the achievement tainted

once GGG introduces log-off timer (5 seconds are enough) we can talk about separate rewards and bragging rights

HC dying? game is in general slowly dwindling away. numbers are good (at patch launches) but the hype dies extremely quickly. there are just too many issues that are ignored (idiotic balance, glaring mechanical issues, one-dimensional meta, tech issues) that turn game into something that is difficult to recommend to others

one i agree with tho - people play for rewards. significant part of old-HC population played ONLY due to rewards (brag rights, extra items). making HC game interesting without bribing would be a better way to do it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info