missing major patches

"
Char1983 wrote:
The fact that they communicate things like that on reddit but not here is in fact pretty stupid. Who reads reddit? I certainly don't and won't.

For the record, they have now posted it on the forums too:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1760587

Perhaps because of your post? Probably not, but who knows? ;)
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on Oct 27, 2016, 9:00:32 PM
"
Char1983 wrote:
The fact that they communicate things like that on reddit but not here is in fact pretty stupid. Who reads reddit? I certainly don't and won't.

I mean, the number of people who read and post on the Reddit is significantly higher than here. Also, if you look at the content (generally of course) that is posted on the reddit vs. the threads that are created here... Well, the quality of the content is pretty different there. This forum tends to be a lot of bitching and whining from players who don't understand and cannot be bothered to learn mechanics. The reddit has plenty of this as well of course, but for the most part, it tends to generate discourse from more experienced, better versed players who understand the mechanics and the ins and outs of the game. I think that is fine. The Official Forums here have become a place for new players to get educated, or for people to post bugs, or suspected issues and get help with them. There are also of course the massive build guide archives that are easy to search, as the layout of this forum is better suited to that kind of thing than Reddit. Outside of those things though, this forum tends to be a lot of "LAB SUCKS UGH" or "MAPPING IS A CURRENCY SINK? FUCK YOU GGG" or "Here is my completely tangential 10 page essay on adding a system from X game that I used to play to PoE, despite the fact that it would be totally broken, and has no place in PoE"...

If I was a dev on this game, interacting with players who LIKE my game, and have taken the time to actually master the mechanics, and have bothered to invest the necessary brain cells to get a handle on a game with the complexity of PoE would be a farrrr more rewarding experience than "Fuck U GGG Fix ur SERVERS EvEn Though I am ON WiFI in the Mountains OF AntaRctica it is UR Fault I have BAD PIng>" or "I VEnDrd my WEAPON. Giv it BACK"... Yes the reddit can be toxic, but it is generally toxic towards players who are shitty (either that have a shitty attitude, or who have done something shitty/scammy/scummy), where this forum has plenty of toxic personalities (and I'll be the first to admit that I can often be among them) but the conflict tends to arise from people wanting completely unreasonable things from GGG.

Anyway tldr- There's a reason the devs interact with the reddit more than the official forums, and IMO it is reasonable.
U MAD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info