Why are MTX so expensive?

Prices are okay, anyway you can get many free mtx if you take part in all leagues, also there is new race mtx next week, go get some for free.

I also feel there are empty slots in the offering. If we assume the upper range prices are fine we can see that there's a wide range of mtxes for weapons, from a dollar up to 25$, some are very simple but weapons already look decent enough so it works. On the other hand, most armor sets have a similar price so you either fork out 30$ at the least or gtfo, and there's more of a need to skin armor than weapons as it's often hard to match your armor pieces and some don't really look all that nice, to put it mildly.

I think there a niche to be explored here, they could just take some matching pieces, recolor them and sell as a cheap pack, say, majestic plate, plate greaves, titan gauntlets and ezomyte helmet. Skin transfers are an iffy deal to me, got a few stacks of those but I've ended up using them only for weapons, if I outfitted a char with matching unique skins and had to reshuffle some gear around or rework the char it's the same problem all over again, not to mention that some gear pieces often look good on one char but really bad on some other.

One thing that could maybe also work are permanent skin transfers and devs did mention those in one podcast if I remember right, I think they would sell really well at, say, 50 points a piece. I believe a lot of people are put off by the fact you're married to a gear piece once you use a skin transfer on it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Oct 27, 2016, 5:52:49 AM
"
Timewar9 wrote:
I believe at the beginning things were cheaper but a 1 time use. Now you can take your armor skins off the old character and put them on the new one but the prices are higher.

No

There are and were dance moves and fireworks that go to waste, there still are skin xferes and other use up items but skins were always skins
/rhoa pet closed beta was sweet!
No Problem,
Exile
The best MTX is the game is the cheapest, skin transfer. A pack of those a year will make even a heavy players characters all look sweet and different from the pack all walking around with their horrible tentacle wings.
as far as i understood them, for one it's credit card charges which eat into small transactions more than into big ones and the potential support players (still) need with their mtx.
if they need to help a thousand players who spent 100$ on average they still make a profit compared having to help 1000 players who supported a dollar.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info