[2.4 HC | Video Guide] Cleave is back! | Crit Shatter | flexible (Lacerate/Reave)

First of all i would like to mention that i want to avoid text of walls in this guide, so let's start.
English isn't my native language.

If you prefer to look a Video instead of reading, here you can find the Video guide -->

[2.4 HC | Video Guide] CLEAVE Scion Build Guide | Crit Shatter | flexible (Lacerate/Reave)

feel free to ask questions and leave Feedback for improvements!!!

Idea of the build:

--> have FUN
--> decent damage / clearspeed
--> HC viable

Keystones

The Ascendancy Classes of choice for this build are Assassin and Guardian.
Go for Assassin first and also pick up Path of the Shadow after completing Normal Cruel and Merciless Lab.
After uber lab i picked up Guardian which fits in really well for our kind of build. We get additional block chance and 12% attack speed. Sure, there are also other good options, feel free to use something else!

The Guide also includes gameplay footage:
[2.4 HC | Video Guide] CLEAVE Scion Build Guide | Crit Shatter | flexible (Lacerate/Reave)

more vids soon.
Twitch Shaarq --> if u wanna see some live action.

Current gear:
Spoiler

Gear in general:
Spoiler

For your gear you primarily need to look for affixes such as Elemental Resistances, Life and Armour on all your stuff.
Additionally look for flat accuracy rating on at least two items with 200+ rolls. Flat Accuracy suffixes are possible on gloves, rings, amulets and helmets. Look for Global Critical Strike Multiplier on Amulet and use diamond rings with Flat physical damage.

The build makes use of two unique items, Scaeva and Rat’s Nest.

Scaeva is cheap as fuck and strongly underrated. Cheapest go for 10 Alterations at the moment in hardcore essence.
But the sword gives us nearly everything we need for our build. Make sure to wield it in the main hand and get 2 green and 1 blue socket...

Rat’s Nest is amazing to boost your attack speed and crit chance!

For offhand look for a sword with high physical deeps, attack speed and crit chance! I highly recommend using thrusting swords for the additional weapon range and crit multiplier!

As you can see, i’m using a pretty shit non thrusting sword…. just bought it for 10c in current hardcore league because nothing better was available at that time… So there is really much room for improvement!

For jewels look for crit multiplier, attack speed and life! Crit multiplier is by far the most important!

For Flask setup in general make sure to get rolls like removes bleeding and curses on your flasks, it’s really essential! As you can see i also use a Taste of hate for even more cold damage and really nice mitigation, a diamond flask for consistent crits and a Atziri flask for damage and leech.

Change diamond flask with rumi’s concoction for even more defense.

6 link
Cleave - Multistrike- Melee Physical - Increased Crit - Fortify and Increased Area / Conc Effect

4 Link
Ancestral Warchief - Melee Phys - Less Duration - Conc effect.

4 Link
Herald of Ice - Inc Aoe - Curse on Hit - Frostbite / Warlord's Mark

3 Link
Whirling Blades - Blood Magic - Faster Attacks

others
Blood Rage - Inc Duration, Hatred, Enduring Cry, Ice Golem ...

I recommend leveling with a two handed melee weapon and skills like earthquake or sunder. With the fact we grab Resolute Technique at the leveling phase, don’t take increased crit gem and use added fire gem instead. If you wanna level with one handers from the beginning and save up some refund points, wait until level 38 for Multistrike.

We start as a scion in the center, head to Life and damage notes like Constitution, Path of the Warrior, Tireless and Devotion at the beginning. Just hold a good balance between damage and life to get a smooth level experience. You can also pick up the melee damage nodes at scion start and refund it later, it’s up to you.

For leveling Ignore any kind of crit nodes, instead go straight ahead to Resolute Technique.

After you filled out templar area we aim for the duelist area, where we pick up Art of the Gladiator, Bravery, Master of the Arena and Dervish.

Finally grab Golem’s Blood and Thick Sin for life.

Now you can start grabbing Disembowling and Fatal Blade for a bunch of crit... To make transition to crit version as smooth as possible i recommend keeping Resolute technique up till you reached at least one of the two crit nodes.
At the very end we make use of our Ascendancy and grab up all the Life and Crit nodes in Shadow area...

The link for the passive tree is in the description of this video.

The Ascendancy Classes of choice for this build are Assassin and Guardian.
Go for Assassin first and also pick up Path of the Shadow after completing Normal Cruel and Merciless Lab.
After uber lab i picked up Guardian which fits in really well, we get additional block chance and 12% attack speed. Sure, there are also other good options, feel free to use something else!

tree lvl88

Bandits: help oak - help kraityn - kill all / help oak / help kraityn xD
Last edited by Shaarq on Oct 25, 2016, 4:48:07 AM
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2017, 10:38:21 PM
Thanks for sharing. The area nodes at the start of Scion seems lack luster. You end up with only 5% less if you just take the 3rd area node in the templar area. The extra points could be used for Will of Blades or Sleight of Hand in the Shadow area for slightly better dps gain. I normally build my melees from Marauder or Duelist, so thanks for showing it can be done reasonably well from Scion as well.
"
Dregos wrote:
Thanks for sharing. The area nodes at the start of Scion seems lack luster. You end up with only 5% less if you just take the 3rd area node in the templar area. The extra points could be used for Will of Blades or Sleight of Hand in the Shadow area for slightly better dps gain. I normally build my melees from Marauder or Duelist, so thanks for showing it can be done reasonably well from Scion as well.

The additional area nodes are one of the main reasons why i start with scion... others are:
--> permanent flat crit (it is huge)
--> Access to Shadow starting nodes (massive crit, attack Speed, ele dmg...)
--> Power Charge Generation

Thanks man, yeah i wanted to do something different without going that CI - flavour of the month - shit...

I died, the next passive Point would have gone in the last area node...
If you wanna Level 90+ i highly recommend going for Duality.
Last edited by Shaarq on Oct 28, 2016, 1:38:46 AM
gonna try this in the new league
"
tenme1 wrote:
gonna try this in the new league

enjoy!
Is this build beginner friendly? Im pretty new to this game :)
Yes it is.

With 2.5.0 weapon range gets a huge buff!
Hey, can you add some screen shot of your attack and defend stats ?
Hi I'm kind of a new player at the moment... May i know how do u obtain that unique Scaeva?
gonna try this

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info