[3.21]💀Computertechs Necro SRS Self-found ZERO budget Build

Updated for 3.21.

There are a lot of builds for summoners, all of them different. I have enjoyed playing a Necromancer since diablo 2. This type of build i've done many times various ways. The witch would be the best starting point. The Witch Ascendancy "Necromancer" is a whole lot better for these builds. I don't play the trading game, so all items are self found. So no special items required to play, so ZERO budget needed.

There are many ways to vary the summoner build. I'm posting one that happens to work for me. This build you are using desecrate then flesh offering to start casting SRS fast to 20 max. In some maps, the SRS can move to pack to pack, according to how close they are. NOTE: 20 is max in 2.5 and above, when you get to 20 and you keep casting, SRS starts at your location with a small delay. So it's better to allow them to start disappearing before casting again, unless you need them elsewhere.

Gem Links

Zombie + Minion Life + Feeding Frenzy + Elemental Army

SRS + Spell Echo + Minion Speed + Support Phantasm

Spectre + Minion Life + Minion Speed + Elemental Army

Desecrate + Flesh offering + clarity (level 3)

Lightning warp + Rapid Decay Support + Less Duration

Summon Carrion Golem + Artic Armor + Meat Shield

Pros and Cons of the build:
Good clear speed, Easy for beginners, and Versatile. With this setup, I'm using lightning warp to move around. Could use flame dash instead (would have to rearrange the gems) but flame dash is limited to how you can move. Sometimes a grain of dirt will stop you. Just have to stay out of the way and cast when needed.

WARNING: The skill effect in the passive tree That allows the SRS to stay around longer, effects lightning warp, making it slower.

Basically start with using fireball (as a witch) and normal casting until you can get and use summon raging spirit (SRS). I know some builds use melee splash with SRS, but that's only ok in large groups and takes away 20%+ in damage. There are limits when using summon raging spirit (SRS), you run out of targets to attack. They just fly around attacking no one. There is a limit how many minions can attack one target (SRS are minions). Dont' take much to get 20 going. NOTE: 20 is max, when you get to 20 and you keep casting, SRS starts at your location with a small delay. It's better to allow them to start disappearing before casting again, unless you need them elsewhere.

I would strongly recommend a 5 link item for any build, including this one. It really does help. I would also strongly recommend a Quality SRS gem. That adds speed to the SRS and that really helps as well.

With so many spell castings from monsters, Elemental Army dramatically helps them live much longer. With this setup, I rarely lose a zombie. and using Support Phantasm can create a bit more havoc.

Desecrate is effective with flesh offering. Very handy for using the Mistress of Sacrifice from the Ascendancy Skills, it will speed up your casting time and movement. Also when there are no bodies and need a zombie or spectre. And I seem to be able to get a Flame Sentinel on most maps.

Spectres gets a bit complicated and what creature you use. sometimes I just randomly choose. The choice of gems affects how well they do.

Spectre + Minion Life + Minion Speed + Elemental Army

This works well no matter what creatures I choose, Like the Flame Sentinel. They can help clear faster.

Summon Carrion Golem it great at helping your minions.

Passive Tree I'm going for:

Providing I get enough elemental resistance by gear.

The jewels to use in the tree are simply more minion damage. This really does help allow the SRS to clear faster.

As I said above, there are many ways to make this build. You also want to plan it as well. Like what gems you need to play it.

Bandits
passive
passive
passive

Ascendancy Skills

Mistress of Sacrifice (for faster casting)
Mindless Aggression (more damage)
Unnatural Strength (holy might for minions)
Bone Barrier (Bone Armor-more minion life)

This build uses the keys left mouse to move, middle for raise zombies, right for SRS
Q = Lightning warp W = Flesh Offering E = Desecrate R = Raise spectre T = Carrion Golem

The rest of the gems are what ever you want them to be. You are limited to what you can use/carry so choose carefully.

Getting +1 or even +2 minion headset would be helpful for the zombies, but getting high hp for yourself on all equipment is far more important. I have very bad luck and rare to find a decent item with hp over 90. i'm lucky if i can clear 50-60hp on a item. One item I did get 95hp. Still have to find better equipment. The bad part of being self found.

The gear i had at level 80 From a previous build:

As you can see from the equipment, my luck for gear varies. I had to get the resistance nodes near scion because of my gear. If you have better luck, you can use those points for something else.
Last edited by computertech82 on Apr 25, 2023, 3:17:44 PM
Last bumped on Apr 25, 2023, 3:20:37 PM
Thank you, very much!
reserving
What tree do you switch to for CI? I also don't know which skills to go for starting out, I'm pretty new to the game.
"
sharlike wrote:
What tree do you switch to for CI? I also don't know which skills to go for starting out, I'm pretty new to the game.

This is a typical Tree for using CI.

Playing ES can be a bit tricky. If you have good Energy shield (ES) gear, it's not an issue. But if you don't It can be a bit hard trying to stay alive. Many will use some of the increase life in the passive tree and CI and become a hybrid for most of the game. A guide would be to try to get over 1,000 life/ES near the end of normal, 2,000 for the end of cruel. In merciless, this is when people will choose CI in the tree and refund the life nodes. You want over 3,000+ ES to switch, but you really want to push that number harder, like over 5,000 near the end. Now some people are good at dodging and can get away with a lessor number for some time. Matters how good your reaction time is. I'm old, so my reaction time isn't good. People running the mid-high end maps have over 10k ES. Extremely strong defense having that much ES.
Thanks, that helps a lot. But I am more wondering what I should shoot for while leveling, the tree for say level 40 or so

To be clear, I mean passives not 'skills' that I said before
Last edited by sharlike on Dec 26, 2016, 6:40:48 PM
"
sharlike wrote:
Thanks, that helps a lot. But I am more wondering what I should shoot for while leveling, the tree for say level 40 or so

To be clear, I mean passives not 'skills' that I said before

Starting in the passive tree, something like this:

Then towards getting death atonement (for 2 specres)

This would be a start. If you have good ES gear, move towards getting more Es in the passive tree. If you are trying to max out the damage for for the Summon Raging spirit build, you really want to to stick to life, like the build i have in the first post.

From this point, it's basically going after what you need. Like dex or str, more minions, more life (or more ES). It all depends on how you play and what you need.
Thanks, that helped a lot. One last question - What are the important stats for the wand? I have been looking for spell damage and cast speed with some defensive stats, but I feel like I could be lacking. Do the stats like +dmg for spells help minions? I cant really tell
can you update guide to leveling tips ! please
hey thanks for this build, managed to reach the damage needed decently, albeit bit squishy.
Its been fun!

Im reaching the near end of this passive skill tree next week, could you advise which nodes to go for from here?

Mega thanks!(;

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info