Civ 6

"
Bars wrote:

Or your definition of a 'pussy' is any leader who isn't responsible for the deaths of millions?

There are a few non-pussies. The Viking dude, Saladin, Aztec dude, and a couple others. Around half the lineup are pussies. What's wrong with putting in some historical villains as leaders? Most of these leaders would rescue a kitten from a tree.

No Caesar Augustus for Rome
No Alexander the Great for Greece
No Napoleon for France
No Ramses the Great for Egypt
Dafuq?

FYI, I don't really like the game even if they added some more/better leaders to the game. I might actually try the game in a couple years from now after they path most of the worst issues. I hope they release an extra leader pack with at least some of the above leaders included into the game.

Look, I want Hitler as a leader so I can build a concentration camp district, gas people and turn them into gold. I won't even need a marketplace district. Also, get the option when you conquer a city, to divert it's local population to the nearest concentration camp to be converted into gold.

The only hurdle I see is some SJW is going to dig something that happened hundreds or thousands of years ago that doesn't pass the SJW smell test. *sarcasm*.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Oct 30, 2016, 3:58:30 PM
Here is what bonuses I'd give for a Hitler leader:

Starts with Fascism. Can't change government type.

Custom district - Concentration camp, which replaces the marketplace district.

Several options for concentration camp:

- Gas excess population growth. Instead of no growth if you don't have the housing, the lost growth gets gassed for gold.

- Gas populations of enemy cities you conquer. (might take a few turns). With Waffen SS units in the vicinity giving a bonus to gassing speed.

- Gas populations that don't subscribe to the state religion. For example, you either worship the swastika god, or in the gas chamber you go.

- Gas unhappy citizens. No amenities, just gas.

Special units:

Waffen SS - Replaces rifleman or some later soldier type unit.

Konigstiger - Replaces tank
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Oct 30, 2016, 4:19:54 PM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Around half the lineup are pussies. What's wrong with putting in some historical villains as leaders? Most of these leaders would rescue a kitten from a tree.

Let's see...
wall of text

Saladin was a successful military commander who fought the crusaders. He was highly respected even by his enemies. I'm not even sure how it's possible to be a great Muslim leader during the crusades and gain the crusaders's respect, but he did it.
Roosevelt had every manly hobby you could think of and was an all-around badass.
Montezuma was the emperor of the Aztec empire, which had possibly the most savage culture in human history. They regularly sacrificed people by the thousands.
Pedro II lead Brazil through an extremely turbulent time and three successful wars. He was also a genius and impressed some of the greatest minds of his time.
Qin Shi Huang was the first emperor of China. He waded through a sea of blood to accomplish it and was utterly ruthless.
Cleopatra was an adept and cunning manipulator who allegedly poisoned her former husband, who was also her younger brother, to cement her power. She managed to wrap Ceaser, one of the greatest people in history, around her finger - and then did the same with Mark Anthony, a ruthless and calculating military leader. Her machinations caused wars, strife and destruction.
Victoria ruled the British Empire for 63 years. During her reign, it became history's biggest empire by a significant margin. 'The sun never sets in the British Empire' was not a metaphor. It involved ruthless colonial conquests.
Catherine de Medici was among the most influential rulers in Europe at a time when women typically served as pawns in political marriages. She steered some of the muddiest and bloodiest political waters we know of and is one of history's greatest political schemers. Translation: one of the most ruthless and cunning people who ever lived.
Frederick Barbarossa built an empire with a lifetime of successful wars. He joined the Third Crusade despite his advanced years and died just as he lived: at war.
Gorgo was a woman and a leader of Sparta, which is nearly impossible. She saw Sparta through the Greco-Persian wars. Really, no introduction is necessary.
Pericles was another successful Greek leader during the Greco-Persian wars. He was as skilled a politician as he was a general.
Gandhi successfully opposed the British Empire. He was entirely dedicated to his cause, lived a life of inhuman discipline and sacrifice, was imprisoned, persecuted and eventually assassinated. He knew the risks all along.
Hojo Tokimune was the embodiment of the samurai ideal, a successful military leader and he really needs no further description.
Mvemba a Nzinga claimed the throne after a civil war against his half brother.
Harald Hardrada was called 'the last Viking' and was literally an early medieval super-elite Viking commando. Not kidding.
Trajan lead the Roman Empire to its absolute peak in territory and power. It wasn't exactly a peaceful process.
Peter is probably the most successful and revered Russian leader. Again, it involved just a little bit of military conflict.
Tomirys, having defeated the ruler of the Persian empire, quote from wiki: 'had his corpse beheaded and crucified, and shoved his head into a wineskin filled with human blood.'
Philip II ruled the Spanish empire at its peak. He fought many successful wars. He also patronized the Spanish Inquisition, one of the most vicious, cruel and evil organizations in history.
Gilgamesh is the first literary hero in history, and he was an action hero. It is also thought with reasonable certainty that he was a real, actual person. I assume you have to be pretty fucking epic to become the first hero in human history.

Yep, all pussies. Most of them would probably save a kitten if the situation arose but this doesn't make one less of a badass.

I'm reasonably certain you're trolling but it's fine. I enjoyed reading and learning stuff about some of these guys.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Oct 30, 2016, 5:04:31 PM
"
Bars wrote:

Yep, all pussies. Most of them would probably save a kitten if the situation arose but this doesn't make one less of a badass.

That's still my opinion. Hasn't changed. A good half those people I never even heard of. I think most of the leader choices are shit.

Yeah the leader of Brazil, Pedro. One moment we're homies, the next moment it's BR BR HUE HUE HUE (declares war). When he had 2 cities, and I had 8, and I had more than quadruple his army & out tech'd by a pretty considerable margin. Clearly too edgy for me. Had to abandon that game in preemptive defeat.

"

I'm reasonably certain you're trolling but it's fine.

I can't confirm or deny this, and it's all part of the mystique with internet forums.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Oct 30, 2016, 7:05:27 PM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

That's still my opinion. Hasn't changed. A good half those people I never even heard of. I think most of the leader choices are shit.

What? You haven't heard of half of them? Despite your extensive historical knowledge? Inconceivable. Yep, they must be poorly chosen indeed.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
I just want Hitler so he can have a reverse Ghandi bug. It would be quite hilarious for a bit
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>
There were females chosen as leaders for some countries when there are male leaders who had a bigger impact on history in those same countries.

Leaders I never heard of, or heard vague references to:

Scathia girl - never heard of her. No problems with this leader choice.
Japanese guy - I'm not a buff on Japanese society. Because I'm not a weeaboo. I don't have a problem with this leader choice, FYI.
Trajan - I've probably heard of him, but vague references at best. He's not Caesar Augustus. Or someone notorious like Nero.
Cathrine de medici - Never heard of her.
Pedro II - Never heard of him. No problems with this leader choice.
African leader - Never heard of him. No problems with this leader choice.
Gorgo - vague references at best. Wouldn't King Leonidas be better?
Pericles - vague references at best. Themistocles is a more known figure. Took an outnumbered fleet of triremes and owned Persia.

Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Oct 31, 2016, 3:17:49 PM
"
Einkil wrote:
I just want Hitler so he can have a reverse Ghandi bug. It would be quite hilarious for a bit

lol

Peaceful, cuddly fuhrer and nuclear Ghandi - this would be a sight to behold :D

I imagine Hitler growling and shouting at me from the diplomacy screen: 'Heil, my friend - here, take this 300 gold as a present to celebrate our friendship! Arrrgh!'
"
Bars wrote:
"
Einkil wrote:

lol

Peaceful, cuddly fuhrer and nuclear Ghandi - this would be a sight to behold :D

I imagine Hitler growling and shouting at me from the diplomacy screen: 'Heil, my friend - here, take this 300 gold as a present to celebrate our friendship! Arrrgh!'

I would absolutely love this, but only if it was part of an actual release. If it was part of a mod it would lose some of its luster for me.
Not my real account anymore, use it for forums while I work
You might also know me as "Thisisnotmyrealaccount" to which I forgot the E-mail for.
My real account is Einkil1, it's my steam account which is why I can't access it at work >.>

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info