So I logged into D3's fresh Season 8

And was like oh boy, it's been almost a year - time to rock that shit. Got to level 12 and closed the game, am leveling my new Scion instead. I dont know why but ever since I invested more time into PoE, I became quite picky with other arpgs. :/
Last bumped on Oct 25, 2016, 7:45:38 PM
It's perfectly fine. This happens when you encounter something that is so much superior to everything you knew before.

Last edited by SunL4D2 on Oct 21, 2016, 11:52:11 AM
Works for me every time. The moment I start thinking PoE ain't that great, I try playing another ARPG. A few hours tops.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
I generally say I'm done with D3 forever, and instead go back and play the new season for a week or two. Last season 7 I said I was done forever, barring an enormous balance/content rework. I think it's totally embarrassing for Blizzard to start this season 8 with absolutely zero content additions. None. It's precisely the same as last season - which was just dreadfully bad.

So, yep, will wait and see if BlizzCon announces something incredible, and I go back for awhile next year. Til then, I'm going to continue to enjoy my strongest PoE character to date.
"
ImSlower wrote:
I generally say I'm done with D3 forever, and instead go back and play the new season for a week or two. Last season 7 I said I was done forever, barring an enormous balance/content rework. I think it's totally embarrassing for Blizzard to start this season 8 with absolutely zero content additions. None. It's precisely the same as last season - which was just dreadfully bad.

So, yep, will wait and see if BlizzCon announces something incredible, and I go back for awhile next year. Til then, I'm going to continue to enjoy my strongest PoE character to date.
This is exactly how I feel about D3. Don't get me wrong, despite the hate it receives I always thought it is alright for what it is. Had a good time during vanilla back then and early RoS was a lot of fun. Then the powercreep happened and at some point, my characters dealt damage so high - I don't even know how to pronounce those high numbers in english. Paragon and exp creep also killed it for me, the highest I got was during S5 on HC (1080) and I couldn't bear any more speedgrifting. Scored a solid top 20 ranking within the first month and called it quits.

Knowing what Blizzard did for Diablo's latest anniversary, I keep my expectations for this years Blizzcon low. That way I won't be disappointed when they add nothing but a new goblin for their next patch.
DRug addict
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
For me what killed Diablo 3 was spending a couple of days on a PTR, having 5,000,000 legendaries drop, realizing that not only was there 1 viable build for each class, but that it required the use of the set that they straight up give you when you reach the end-game. There is ZERO incentive to actually theorycraft builds. The fact that I can deterministically control the affixes that a legendary item has on it is insane. Once I went full on into PoE and saw the rate at which GGG adds actual content to the game, as well as the actual diversity I stopped caring about Diablo entirely.
U MAD?
I don't see the point of seasons in diablo3. really.
The main purpose of seasons is the fresh ecnomy. But there's no economy in D3. So what's the point? The totally irrelevant rewards? Exclusive unique garbage?
I used to love new seasons in D2 when I was in my early teens because I believed the drop chances of uniques were higher in the beginning of a season. Even that was a bigger drive for me :D

Last edited by veek91 on Oct 21, 2016, 1:20:10 PM
I got d3 out of my system during closed beta.

I got an invite... saw what they had planned, read up on
it... rmah? ffs wtf bbq... you guys want money lots and lots
of money and I dont trust you to earn it. vivendi universal.

few months later (was a long time ago now, not sure how long until
I discovered poe about to come into open beta.

OPEN BETA POE "SUCKED" it was ugly it was simplified it was loaded
with "trust me we will polish that, trust me we will be expanding this"
"trust me we intend to add shadows" on and on with the trust me's.

but it was free and it was good (had a big future gameplay wise)

I found myself looking forward to every patch, and was impressed
by the earnestness of each patch I saw. I saw the communities most
pressing concerns generally prioritized and worked on. (not every time)

poe blew the roof off of d3 before it even entered open beta.
at which time it ran the market for arpgs, still ruling now.
Wut D3 has seasons??? I quit since the ah made me rich and broke down... A friend made me try expansion, after 2 hours back on poe

"What the FUCK are rifts" - TheExile777
No Problem,
Exile

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info