So I logged into D3's fresh Season 8

ugh I forgot I was planning on doing d3 for a few days to get the stash tab.
I have sentiment for D3, every season I play week or 2 just for pure easy grind, fun killing monsters with ragdoll effect and smooth working engine. I like nephelem Rifts and bounties as leveling system, its easy, clean and rewarding, I dont get bored of it cuz there is almost no backtracking.

But yes, D3 failure is in builds... where there are usually 2 per char. 1 to farm and 1 to do greater rifts. ZERO replayability when there is no change to sets per season and that hurts so much dat it gives cancer. If they fixed that problem, witch is BIGGEST of D3, this game would be epic.

But BlizzCon is around corner and I bet they are not going to invest in Diededed D3 but make something from scratch, like D4. Will see.

I have started to play Diablo 3 few days ago. I went through story on master difficulty and I have enjoyed it a lot with Wizard class.

Now I am playing adventure mod and I like that very much even more than campaign. Its just great to change enchant on item or crafting new items, playing with gems and trying out higher torment levels. I am not in Great Rifts yet but till now the game is superb.

If you didnt play D3 imho you miss something unique. Diablo 3 is not RPG like Diablo, Torchlight, PoE, but I see it more like "console" arcade game. And so far that game is great for what it is .).
I was going to play this season to get a solid 3 days of entertainment, but it's the same fucking patch as last season.
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

"
Bars wrote:
Works for me every time. The moment I start thinking PoE ain't that great, I try playing another ARPG. A few hours tops.
^
About a month ago tried to play some TQ. Had some leveled char there. Fired it up, and...
-wait, why are you running in the wrong direction?
-this is a stair. stairs are used to go up/down, not to walk around them, y'know?
-kite you biach, don't stay in place despite my clicking!
-damn, why cast cursor is like invisible? oh well, i'll just click it, it is an AoE so there is still a chance of it hitting something, right?
-okay, you used that ability now will you please move? pretty please? ffs?
-why items in inventory and all fonts are so small, my eyes bleed
-and so on, and so on :D
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
After playing TQ I thought
- where is the kill the whole screen win-button?
- gameplay (positioning, engagement order, ...) actually matters
- a bit clunky though

Now I don't want to spend my little free time on PoE anymore.
Saturday I got a message on steam from a D3 buddy that the season had started. I did S7 up to Guardian in like a week and haven't touched it/read about D3 since. Since my friend was on, I figured, what the hell, I'll do this one and get the last and final stash tab (after all I do have like 3000 hours in the game, can't give up now!)

Load up Battle net launcher and I wait. And I wait. I restart it thinking there is a problem because I'm not downloading any patches. NOPE! Turns out they just haven't patched in 10+ weeks and there is literally 0 changes at all from S7.

I rolled a monk since I haven't played one since S4. Got to about level 40 hating every moment of it. Friend told me he would powerlevel the rest. Got to 70, logged off. Haven't had the motivation to log in again. I know it's only about 30 hours to get the stash, but I feel like I will hate every second of those 30 hours. I may just watch paint dry or ask someone to repeatedly hit me in the balls or something.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:33:12 PM
"
Namcap wrote:
I may just watch paint dry or ask someone to repeatedly hit me in the balls or something.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Some people get a thrill from starting all over again from scratch in these "leagues" - I'm referring to any ARPG with such a system including PoE, but I'm not one of those players who enjoys it. After experiencing end game, the getting from point A-Z part becomes mind numbing. After getting to Z from A, I don't feel like playing A-Y again.

Honestly in other ARPGs that are offline single player, I just use some mod tool to respec a pre-existing character, and/or make backups. That way I can play multiple classes at Z rather than from A-Y. I do this in games like Grim Dawn and Titan Quest for example.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Oct 25, 2016, 7:48:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info