I suck horribly at this game, but it is a lot of fun.

I really suck at this game, but I have a lot of fun doing it. The story, music, art, gameplay, options and character development are all incredible in this game, and I come from a turn-based RPG background.

Perhaps for peer support from all the other casual players out there, or perhaps just to bring some reality to balance the face-tanking Shaper kills on youtube, here is a list of my most laughable moments and attributes in this game, so far. Feel free to contribute your own.

-I died to cruel Izaro on a level 83 Inquisitor, with a shield, and hefty armor... CRUEL, not merciless or uber
-I died 7 times to Merc Piety and 8-10 to Merc Malachai on a level 80 Tornado shot and Barrage Pathfinder trying to get the challenge point...with Vinktar's (non legacy, but still)
-On my tornado shot pathfinder (the build I am playing around with the most now), I only run tier 1-6 maps, and often die to the bosses. If I am trying to gain xp, I often skip the bosses entirely...despite the loot sacrifice. If I am feeling really frustrated, I run dried lake to make me feel like my build still works.
-My favorite maps are the maps with no monsters and only strongboxes, so I can very slowly place my decoy totem and runaway when I open them one by one.
-I spend time decorating my hideout when I get frustrated with my constant deaths...I have spent more time decorating than I have gearing my characters :) I may post a hideout thread soon, I have a nice distillery set up that Voricci and Leo watch over.
-I run exclusively with decoy totem, as otherwise I would not have made it past 70, hehe.
-I love vinktars, but despite all the perma-Vinktar BVs on the forums and youtube, my Vinktar uptime is about 5%.
-My laptop generally runs around 30fps, but likes dropping to 10-15 on certain fights (Izaro's vomit balls and Shavronne's lightning), so I fill in the gaps in the fight with my imagination. I like to think I died to one of my tornado shots ricocheting off the traps in uber lab.

Any others want to share :)? This thread is completely confidential (if I knew how to use tiny font in forums, I would use it to shrink: "no guarantee of confidentiality")

Last bumped on Oct 20, 2016, 3:25:06 PM
Would you like advice?
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
Would you like advice?

Advice is always appreciated, and I have gotten a lot from this forum already. I realize this is the gameplay help forum, but I thought this would be best here, as the general one seems to be more complaints about new changes to the game :)

Shared experiences also welcome.
Make your characters public or post your tree and gear here so the smart/experienced players can comment on specifics. :)

EDIT: I see your characters are public already.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Last edited by ChanBalam on Oct 20, 2016, 1:29:23 AM
isnt the point of playing game is to have fun? if you are already having fun, whos cares if you suck or not you already won! that being said, i always find the process of learning and getting better at facing certain challenges of the game part of the fun
whew, have to add another:

-tried perandus map mod for fun, not knowing what it was, and could not make it past entrance of T7 map :)
"
buttcommander wrote:
isnt the point of playing game is to have fun? if you are already having fun, whos cares if you suck or not you already won! that being said, i always find the process of learning and getting better at facing certain challenges of the game part of the fun

Yeah, this was intended as a let's share our not-so-uber moments thread. I have a lot of fun in this game despite reaching my personal skill/knowledge limit so far around level 77-80.

That said, the learning curve can get pretty steep at various moments in the game. Lab, Daresso, merciless Malachai, and some of the map bosses require quite a bit more learning than others.
Don't feel bad about this. Despite everything what people say PoE is a very hard game. At least if you don't hop onto the bandwagon and play a buil that cheeses most of the content.

I've been playing for god knows how long now and when I recently attempted to kill the shaper he slapped me like a little girl. I have been frustrated ever since, because so many youtube videos make it look so easy and smooth.
"
kahzin wrote:
Don't feel bad about this. Despite everything what people say PoE is a very hard game.

This.

For 99.5% of us, POE is VERY hard. Sadly, the other 0.5% are the ones that come to these forums and complain about how easy the game is (and are the ones that GGG seem to listen to).
Favourite armour? Hmmm, I forget it's name, but it's that scarlet one that whatsherface wears when she wants to look splendid.

I like Marmite.
Yes! I am with you too, and also enjoying.
Some people may be picking up on your (deliberate?) ambiguities. By that I mean the apparent discrepencies between nodes of pleasure and displeasure.

"
sgoer wrote:
I have a lot of fun

and
"
sgoer wrote:
I am feeling really frustrated

But since language and life are ambiguous, I am all for yours too. In fact, I think the ambivalences in PoE make it more interesting than the blatant apophansis of Diablo III.

To share: I die to lab traps. My summoner, the pride of my 0.9.x days, now retired, dies to any boss and frequently dies to things I cannot even see. Keep killing the unrecognizable retenue of Vorici's lump. Have never gotten a 6L. Don't sleep enough.

Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info