Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

American evening Race Event times updated

"
Chris wrote:
"
Chris, can you address the fact that the general consensus of the player population is that the rewards are rather... mediocre?

The reward of playing races is the enjoyment of competing and placing on both the race ladders and the overall ladder of races results. The rewards are basically trophies that will forever show what you achieved in this season. Their scarcity will make them very valuable in the future. Look at how much demigods are worth in the economy now, and consider that there are hundreds of those in circulation (whereas there will be less of some of these top prizes).

We can't give giant rewards for races because then we get the converse problem where the economy inflates away from you unless you somehow find time to race for 8 hours each day at obscure times.

And how does somebody compete on the ladder when all the races are made for different time zones? Nobody could get the top prizes just by playing in the races that are on while they are awake. Or maybe they could, if they played every single one. But even then, they are pretty bad uniques, and the lower ones will be far too common to be worth anything while the later ones will be almost impossible to get, and still won't be worth much because they are bad uniques, and there is no way to transfer the look of them to a different item either, so they are pointless. There is no incentive to race at all with these prizes, especially when even the coral ring has a random attribute instead of just being a set +30, which is what should be done at the very least.

And rewarding currencies won't effect the economy too much, as currencies have a use and combined with the fact that the vendors can trade currencies, it means they all have a minimum worth that they will never drop below. And in permanent leagues, currencies are going to drop to that point pretty fast anyway.

The currencies give better incentives to race, for hardcore players in the long term and casuals who just want to play in a few races. The unique items should just be something on the side, something that adds extra rewards for playing a long time.

Also, I think it would be nice for the uniques to have 2 choices per tier. So for the first tier you could choose the redbeak, or a different unique. That way you add more value to each unique, and it gives people a better chance to get a unique they actually want.
Last edited by oBLACKIECHANo on Feb 20, 2013, 10:54:17 PM
dunno if its just me, but events? :P
wont ever touch em, dont appeal to me whatsoever, and i grind 17 hours aday atm.
Would love to see some new deep lore instead! Quiz and riddles
There is suppose to be a nice signature picture here
*deleted*
Last edited by SerBasterd on Feb 20, 2013, 11:00:55 PM
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
There is no incentive to race at all with these prizes, especially when even the coral ring has a random attribute instead of just being a set +30, which is what should be done at the very least.

The fact that you don't know what a Blessed Orb is is indicative of the level of seriousness with which we should take your criticism.
Last edited by SerBasterd on Feb 20, 2013, 11:01:27 PM
"
SerBasterd wrote:
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
There is no incentive to race at all with these prizes, especially when even the coral ring has a random attribute instead of just being a set +30, which is what should be done at the very least.

The fact that you don't know what a Blessed Orb is is indicative of the level of seriousness with which we should take your criticism.

I know what a blessed orb is. My point is that even a white coral ring that is a "reward" for racing has random stats, so you may get it and it could take you 10-15 blessed just to get +30
Looks like I'll be competing in even less events now that the times aren't good on Australians with jobs anymore.
"
H2oGatesy wrote:
I thought you guys would care a bit more about players outside the us... Guess I was wrong, oh well looks like AUS/NZ players can get into about 18 races out of 107 in season 1.... Maybe we don't work?

Yea it sucks the only ones that will be doable are the weekend races, if were not busy all the rest fall during working hours. I guess we would be able to do enough races to get a few of the lower rewards at least.
"
H2oGatesy wrote:
I thought you guys would care a bit more about players outside the us... Guess I was wrong, oh well looks like AUS/NZ players can get into about 18 races out of 107 in season 1.... Maybe we don't work?

we dont count.

seriously though, there is no way they (GGG) can cater to everyone in the world in regards to times. it is just not possible. im sure they'll do some swapping around in subsequent 'seasons' to accommodate as many players as possible.

( still.. having all races at decent aus/nz times would have been a nice bonus for us considering how high our latency is :P )
"
oBLACKIECHANo wrote:
There is no incentive to race at all with these prizes

IMO, the purpose of races is to provide a fun event for players to participate in, not to act as currency dispensers. The prizes you get for winning should *not* provide a significant gameplay advantage to your main characters, because then races will just become a more efficient way to farm items/currency. Think of the race prizes as cosmetic items, like pets and effects from the microtransaction store. The point of having them is not because they are useful, but because they give you bragging rights.
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
"Holding the line, on sixteen to one!"
"
Reedman wrote:
Looks like I'll be competing in even less events now that the times aren't good on Australians with jobs anymore.

Lies! Only Americans have jobs! The rest of us just support this game with fairy money we find growing on trees....
Gatesy
Garriff
Cuddlz
BorrowedTime

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info