14th ranked streaming HC player Prozon hacked just minutes ago.Pictures included.

He didn't get hacked, customer service gave his account to someone else. There's a difference.
"
oh man your kidding me, hacked and back into the hardcore ladder, this should not be any exception in my mind, people die from alot of things, hacks happen, etup server crash death and still on HC reroll back was total bs to, im glad he died finally offically

but for real, you are gonna get so many I got hacked is why I died bs now, can't blame your support staff for being a sucker into this either, it happens aswell, but man back on the ladder /sigh

I've never been hacked in my gaming online life of 15 yrs or so, but I'm sure if I did. I wouldn't as much cry I need to be back on the ladder than think there os no possible way I should be brought back to life.

You clearly don't understand what happened. It was in no way the players fault, GGG customer support basically gave a random person his account info, so they most certainly should fix their mistake (which they have).
I understand that it was an error on GGG's end, but the fact that they are going back on their policy of not restoring anything in this specific situation really ticks me off. I've just had my stuff hacked and all my currency and maps stolen the past few days, and I know for a fact it's nothing on my end because I've been playing online games for close to 15 years and have never been hacked before. I have not done anything out of the ordinary to be hacked, I know for a fact that my computer is clean of spyware/malware/viruses because I did every scan in the book after finding out. I, of course, won't be getting my stuff back regardless.

I suppose it doesn't matter though, but I think that anyone who has lost stuff prior to their new hack protection measures should be refunded their things.
i too fas fo youuuuuuu
Last edited by Duskbane on Feb 20, 2013, 10:05:21 PM
"
oh man your kidding me, hacked and back into the hardcore ladder, this should not be any exception in my mind, people die from alot of things, hacks happen, etup server crash death and still on HC reroll back was total bs to, im glad he died finally offically

but for real, you are gonna get so many I got hacked is why I died bs now, can't blame your support staff for being a sucker into this either, it happens aswell, but man back on the ladder /sigh

I've never been hacked in my gaming online life of 15 yrs or so, but I'm sure if I did. I wouldn't as much cry I need to be back on the ladder than think there os no possible way I should be brought back to life.

I doubt people will try to use that as an excuse.

The HC Community is better than that! It's not about hard hard they can throw a punch, it's about how hard they can get hit and keep moving forward!
"

The reason that noone can get back his "hacked" items or characters is because GGG can have no proof of you being trully hacked or just made it look like a hack.

What happend here was an internal problem. They know it's their fault. They don't need any proof.

What happened is a bit sad. But GGG fixed it and also "got the balls" to tell us the truth about their fault.
Thank you Chris.
This is beyond bullshit lol. Dozens of people get hacked daily because of this new hack shit and GGG's policy is "sorry we can't restore items or anything of the sort".

Now a popular player gets his account stolen and the devs rush to help him and restore his account.
Implement /players x already
"

And Chris you are a good guy to, you responded back to my vendoring chain and no way to get it back, it was my fault. Just my thought on the back on ladder matter of hacked brought back to life thoughts. Poeple will try to scam this now. Just keep doing a good job btw though.

I know it looks bad to explain that we don't restore characters and then restore this one, but this was literally a case of one of my employees handing over the guy's account while he slept. This is completely easy for us to see from our end and is an entirely different situation than people whose passwords end up in big stolen lists from other games and/or malware. I wish I could help in those situations but the economic damage and abuse would just be unfathomable :(
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
This is beyond bullshit lol. Dozens of people get hacked daily because of this new hack shit and GGG's policy is "sorry we can't restore items or anything of the sort".

Now a popular player gets his account stolen and the devs rush to help him and restore his account.

I know, right? This is a bit silly since I just lost my shit. First mistake I've seen GGG make. I'm done with this game until they put in their new hack protection measures.
i too fas fo youuuuuuu
"

Read the damn thread. GGG customer support gave out his information to a random person, he didn't get "hacked". He 100% deserved his account restored as he did nothing wrong at all.
"
Chris wrote:
I wish I could help in those situations but the economic damage and abuse would just be unfathomable :(

Didn't you guys say you had a system to track each item individually? Can't you just restore the items of the players who got hacked and delete the items from the hackers' accounts?
Implement /players x already

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info