[2.6] The Sentinel - Double Strike Multistrike Life Leech Duelist

Thx for sharing your build, I added it to the list. :)
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
I was trying to watch your Atziri video more closely for endurance charges, but could not see well. Do you typically just ignore endurance charges for bosses?

I find on the budget side (5-links) and lower levels (70s/80s) of things, the endurance charges make a sizeable difference in boss fights. With the 4% damage boost per endurance charge, the regen and the damage reduction, my meager offense and defense numbers jump from ~45% Damage reduction to 72% (without flasks), and tooltip damage jumps from 18k to 35k, although fortify and onslaught from the ascendancy is mixed in there, so confounding the bonus a bit. On a side note, I find with all endurance charges up I hit 70% damage reduction (only 6 charges so far), but once I add fortify on top of all those endurance charges, it only jumps to 72%. Does the damage reduction from endurance charges not stack with fortify?

The bonuses from endurance charges have enabled me to run t9 and t10 maps with only 3.5k hp while I save up for a top notch ring and amulet and take some more hp nodes (It is expensive squeezing in resistances and hp with so many uniques). With full endurance charges up, I have yet to be one-shot by anything but burst chaos damage, despite only having that 3.5k pool. T9s and 10s are not the toughest content, but there are some big phys damage hits in there occasionally, so this build holds up well even under non-ideal gear and leveling conditions, because if you are not one-shot, your hp almost instantly refreshes due to leech.
"
sgoer wrote:
I was trying to watch your Atziri video more closely for endurance charges, but could not see well. Do you typically just ignore endurance charges for bosses?

I find on the budget side (5-links) and lower levels (70s/80s) of things, the endurance charges make a sizeable difference in boss fights. With the 4% damage boost per endurance charge, the regen and the damage reduction, my meager offense and defense numbers jump from ~45% Damage reduction to 72% (without flasks), and tooltip damage jumps from 18k to 35k, although fortify and onslaught from the ascendancy is mixed in there, so confounding the bonus a bit. On a side note, I find with all endurance charges up I hit 70% damage reduction (only 6 charges so far), but once I add fortify on top of all those endurance charges, it only jumps to 72%. Does the damage reduction from endurance charges not stack with fortify?

The bonuses from endurance charges have enabled me to run t9 and t10 maps with only 3.5k hp while I save up for a top notch ring and amulet and take some more hp nodes (It is expensive squeezing in resistances and hp with so many uniques). With full endurance charges up, I have yet to be one-shot by anything but burst chaos damage, despite only having that 3.5k pool. T9s and 10s are not the toughest content, but there are some big phys damage hits in there occasionally, so this build holds up well even under non-ideal gear and leveling conditions, because if you are not one-shot, your hp almost instantly refreshes due to leech.

For the Atziri bosses yes I will ignore Endurance charges because they give you next to nothing to generate them from and the charges don't have a super long duration when you do get them. Also since I started using Starforge making me drop Hatred for Grace I'm not in a such a desperate need for charges but they are still super helpful for the packs of enemies.

For the Fortify question, what you are seeing is the passive tree node "Rampart" for Fortify giving you 20% increased armor. Fortify itself reduces the damage you take separately after armor, resists, and endurance charges reduce the damage and the same goes for Arctic Armor. So you are actually reducing more damage than you get to see in your character sheet.

The build pulls lots of resists from the belt and the tree and if you go with Kongor's early on it will help a lot until you get further into the tree and get other things to help. If I had to choose between unique gear and resists on rare gear I would go Rare gear until I could fix resists. Probably drop the Helm or Boots for the Rare piece though you will lose some movement speed it will keep you capped more easily.

At level 90 with a level 20 Grace up I sit at 60% damage reduction and it jumps to 86% at max charges with Fortify up, and with Endurance Charge on Stun in my 6 link I have 35k dps with nothing and 65.7k with Charges, Onslaught, and Fortify. I can get up to 82k with Atziri's Promise flask but that only lasts a few secs. Numbers are almost exactly the same when I swap ECoS for Melee Damage on Full Life though its only level 18 and doesn't have quality yet.
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
Thx for sharing your build, I added it to the list. :)

Thanks, I didn't even consider being on the list. Let me know if there is anything I need to do to stay there.
Thanks, I didn't even consider being on the list. Let me know if there is anything I need to do to stay there.[/quote]

All good here, just keep it how you're doing it, and keep the guide updated ;D
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
How much do you think you could do with a Kaom's Primacy? I know that an Atziri's Disfavour is a lot better, but god damn if it ain't expensive as hell. Furthermore, if obtaining a Disfavour seems out of reach, is it better to just say "fuck it" and go for Kongor's (skill tree and all) simply because it's cheaper?
"
BlimpAtomic wrote:
How much do you think you could do with a Kaom's Primacy? I know that an Atziri's Disfavour is a lot better, but god damn if it ain't expensive as hell. Furthermore, if obtaining a Disfavour seems out of reach, is it better to just say "fuck it" and go for Kongor's (skill tree and all) simply because it's cheaper?

I feel it would be possible but on paper Kongor's looks better. It has higher base dps, can't miss, resists and has a chance to give you a short Onslaught on crit. Where Primacy has a wasted culling, a little accuracy, and 20 life gain on kill. I agree with you though the price on disfavor is quite high especially considering Starforge being put out recently.
"
Xenovenom wrote:
"
BlimpAtomic wrote:

I feel it would be possible but on paper Kongor's looks better. It has higher base dps, can't miss, resists and has a chance to give you a short Onslaught on crit. Where Primacy has a wasted culling, a little accuracy, and 20 life gain on kill. I agree with you though the price on disfavor is quite high especially considering Starforge being put out recently.

Thank you for all your help. One final question. I accidentally bought a Veruso's with 1 white, 2 red, and 1 blue socket (corrupted, ofc). Is there any blue gem that could substitute for anything else here, like Lightning Warp + Reduced Duration + Faster Casting over Leap Slam or some sort of curse?
"
Thank you for all your help. One final question. I accidentally bought a Veruso's with 1 white, 2 red, and 1 blue socket (corrupted, ofc). Is there any blue gem that could substitute for anything else here, like Lightning Warp + Reduced Duration + Faster Casting over Leap Slam or some sort of curse?

That's rough because this build does not have a lot of intelligence to work with so any replacement isn't going to get very high. The best thing I can think of is replace either Warlord's Mark or Punishment (whichever one you have) for Vulnerability. The CwDT setup doesn't want a high level curse so it can be cast while you fight.

I wouldn't remove Leap Slam for any reason though, it will become one of your most important setups. I use it when I haven't hit anything recently and jump into a pack before they do anything to start leeching so I can't bleed or be stunned. Being stun locked is very bad and with Veruso's you have a 50% increased stun duration.
Last edited by Xenovenom on Nov 9, 2016, 8:47:51 AM
nice build, but why you dont take "vitality void" it looks like a good idea

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info