Channelled Skill Teaser Video

"
Kadajko wrote:
"
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease be a projectile!

Sire Of Shards lazeeeeeeeeeeeeer totems!

Projectiles don't channel.

coughincineratecough
I've been waiting for a skill like this for a long time now.
Individual mileage may vary but this immediately reminded me of D3's disintegrate.

This is not a problem in itself whatsoever, but ... physically, mechanically, it yields a default playtechnique of "hold down right mouse button and rotate character by moving mouse back and forth, sometimes fast, sometimes slow". A few days in a row of this and the spectre of RSI was rising. Had to retire that build.

The simultaneous "clench the mouse to move it side to side" simultaneous with "hold the right mouse down" (an additional, yet slightly different kind of grip pressure being required), coupled with "rotate side to side, sometimes fast flicks, sometimes slow and precise" ... it's rather demanding on the human hardware.

Again, YMMV, but if/when you reach that moment of "hey wow wrist/hand is hurting in new and exciting ways", now you'll know why! ;)

Other than that, looks fun. Demo video did look a bit bland, all things considered, but I get the point.

Hopefully it can be stuck on a totem and I can go all tower defense with it.

Thanks for working so hard on the game, GGG!
yet again a Teaser not performing at 100% :P

A bit worried the turning speed is a bit low in the case it won't scale from ur cast/move speed; previous stationary channeling skills didn't require (pre-pseudo-channel-tendrills nerf) that type of maneuver especially with a skill that looks like what flame surge should've been, here hoping this concern doesn't antecipate another waste on a great looking, and at least concept wise idea.

Hyped tho.
Back to The Melee (Reaving Insight): view-thread/1240462
Fusion Skill Engineering: view-thread/1095291
all this time for another boring skill

nice incinerate reskin you got there
Creator
And the New Skill Gem Cycle begins!

1- GGG teases new skill.

2- Fanbase b***** about it being a reskin, etc.

3- GGG releases the new skill.

4- The whiners starts to look for guides on how to use the new skill.

5- The whiners starts to use the new skill.

Stay classy, PoE fanbase!
Finally a laser!
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
Possibly/probably a DoT beam, as opposed to hit-generating projectiles like Incinerate. Since, y'know...Incinerate exists.

Also: yeebus, folks. Let them release details before you fly off the handle.

Anyways. Can definitely see the concerns for RSI on that, yeah. But at the same time, who doesn't want to be the badass wizard shooting beams of devastation sometimes? I get that there's a Diablo 3 skill that looks similar, but that's possibly because it's a satisfying type of skill to use.

Really hoping the other new channeled skills skew away from Fire, though. Fire's already got Flameblast, Incinerate and now this new burnbeam. Don't think there's actually any damage-dealing channeled skill currently on the menu that isn't fire element. Yeah I know, Wither, but Wither is a different kettle of fish entirely. I feel like this prolly could've stood to be a shock beam, even if that wouldn't have worked as well thematically.

Oh well. Got two more in the pipe, and frankly I can't imagine GGG making a fourth Fire channel before they make an anything-else channel. And regardless of whatever anyone else says...that looks like it'll be hella fun to mess with. Nice big Flammability Blasphemy aura, mebbe some Orb of Storms action for Elemental Equilibrium if it is a DoT beam. Do a Vortex build except with a GIANT LASER instead of a whirlpool. Why not? I'll do it.
Yes!
Laser.
make this skill autotarget for totem users and i will test it out
I got a fever and the only prescription, is more cowbell!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info