[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Inquisitor - Viable for Everything

I've been trying this build on the marauder, and it's excellent. I noticed it's less tanky probably because it takes a split second to get the icestorm going with cwc. I noticed however, that you can roll temporal chains and ice ground mods with no negative effect with that build.

Anyways, I have a few questions:

- Move speed kind of sucks (for leap slam). What advice can you give for a good movement skill?
- Do you recommend emperor's wit or mastery jewels?

thanks for the build.
"
- Move speed kind of sucks (for leap slam). What advice can you give for a good movement skill?

Got movespeed on boots? Profile is not public...

... also I've been pondering: Shield Charge does not state that a shield is actually needed. Keywords are Attack, AoE, Movement, Melee - so, does SC work without shield? If so, it might be an interesting replacement for LS.
wow, i just love the boss guide, helped a lot, tyvm!
Ok, shield charge acutally requires a shield...
"
falxes wrote:
You are insane man =)

When I was watching in your video that you were to going to tank the shaper's slam, with only 8.5k energy shield, I thought "No way man, Shaper is going to kick your ass".

I was even more surprised when you tanked shaper's beam and slam, AT THE SAME TIME!!!

¿How do you know that you could do that insanity? =)

Sick build, by the way.

You only need as much ES as you can lose. ;)

All Shaper's attacks are cold based, and the Slam also does huge physical damage (probably 50% phys 50% cold). We use PoI, i.e. 79% cold resist. And 3 flasks just for the Slam:

The Slam hits for 5.5k this way. Everything over 6k ES is just a safety cushion.

And just outleech the beam and any attacks by the clone.

See the Boss Guide for more details.

"
I've been trying this build on the marauder, and it's excellent. I noticed it's less tanky probably because it takes a split second to get the icestorm going with cwc. I noticed however, that you can roll temporal chains and ice ground mods with no negative effect with that build.

Anyways, I have a few questions:

- Do you recommend emperor's wit or mastery jewels?

thanks for the build.

Your best movement skill is

You can drop Leap Slam (and lose Fortify; that can hurt vs the endgame bosses) and go with LW or Flame Dash. But movement speed is still the best.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 16, 2017, 3:51:34 PM
I've been wanting to do this new Hall of Grandmasters for quite a while and figure out how to deal with the new version of mull_gubben and others. Got it done now, cleared it about 20 times to make sure I met and killed every one of those fuckers, repeatedly. Turned out there are only 2 special enemies there.

This is on my league Berserker who uses SR-CwC. The Inquisitor doesn't need that, just swap CE for AoE. Except for 1 case: mull_gubben (see below).

New video: Hall of Grandmasters deathless full clear (Berserker)

Hall of Grandmasters is an awesome farm area IF you can clear it (hint: it drops sac frags and cards from Apex of Sacrifice/Alluring Abyss). It was very easy before 2.4 but then it got major upgrades and became much harder. Still, with some practice it can be cleared relatively easily with this build.

Bring flasks against everything: curse, ignite, shock, freeze, bleed. Chemist Sulphur (15/60) is the best because you don't get a lot of charges there, and the extra damage buff is nice.

Use AoE instead of CE. Area coverage and leech is really important there, tooltip damage is not.

Pre-cast Icestorm at the center point of each wave before triggering it. If there are statues: take 1 step forward to trigger the wave and move behind a statue. If no statues: leap forward to apply the curses faster.

Almost everything dies quickly, although in waves 9-10 they can sometimes get a lucky crit and 1-shot you before dying. But there are two special cases:

Kriath (wave 5-6): very strong CWDT retalliation with Fireball (MTX), Ethereal Knives (MTX) and Freezing Pulse. If you are not behind a statue, get away quickly. He is easy to kill from a distance and usually dies to the pre-cast Icestorms.

mull_gubben (wave 9-10): max block, impossible to leech from, destroys you with CWDT abilities for hitting him. DO NOT HIT HIM. Get away as fast as you can and kill him with Scorching Ray unlinked from Icestorm (no CwC). I bring a swap staff just for mull_gubben:

Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 20, 2017, 4:43:07 AM
What are your thoughts on replacing BSC with a high ES hubris circlet with int? Easier to get the enchant... what are the effects on net ES from losing the %int increase/and on damage? It doesn't seem like losing the +1 gem level would be devastating.
Hey,

Nice build, I'm having lots of fun with it.
What would be a good amount of ES to aim before doing uber izaro in your opinion ?
Not planning to farm it for now but I would like to grab my uber lab as fast as I can (for fortify mostly)

Got like 6k5 ES atm, the rares are really expensive in bhc :p
edit : 7k2 now, I may be ok.
Last edited by Appauvri on Jan 29, 2017, 2:37:32 PM
"
flagg49 wrote:
What are your thoughts on replacing BSC with a high ES hubris circlet with int? Easier to get the enchant... what are the effects on net ES from losing the %int increase/and on damage? It doesn't seem like losing the +1 gem level would be devastating.

+1 gem level is not a big deal, but the loss of 15% Int is bad. If you replace BSC with a 400 ES 40 Int hubris you will gain about 1.5k ES but lose about 1.5k tooltip damage, and that's a bad deal. Damage is much better than ES.

"
Appauvri wrote:
What would be a good amount of ES to aim before doing uber izaro in your opinion ?
Not planning to farm it for now but I would like to grab my uber lab as fast as I can (for fortify mostly)

Got like 6k5 ES atm, the rares are really expensive in bhc :p
edit : 7k2 now, I may be ok.

If you don't let Izaro get buffed (or just do it on a day when he has some easy stuff like adds) then he won't hit you for more than 5k. And you can always just dodge him instead of facetanking. And bring Granite+Basalt to mitigate most of his main attack too. You should be fine with 6.5k ES if you don't take any risks.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jan 31, 2017, 10:52:59 PM
"
Boss Guide
- Phoenix:
Use Purity of Fire (see above). Facetank the boss. Refresh Orb of Storms often. Fortify. Kill the phoenixes as they appear. Bring Ruby flasks to be more safe, although that's not necessary unless you are doing it with -maxres.

https://youtu.be/n2LkrSRIz2o
When facetank gone wrong...

gear & character

Link to character with gear

Since this post from december I've upgraded every rare piece and also got 1 or 2 rare jewels

Btw I really like rare helmet with int instead of unique helmet.
DPS is still good, increase ES by about 2k, and make ew-capping resists a bit easier.

For the sake of safety, I'm not going to facetank him in next season :D
There is about 2 sec window to jump or run away, not gonna be as lazy as usual.

Finished Phoenix (with harder mods), Shaper and Uber Atziri runs on STD deathless within first attempt each.
Thanks for the guide! And may the Force Nerfhammer skip WI :)
Last edited by ekunholy on Feb 2, 2017, 6:23:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info