Just get Kaom's heart and hit 8k HP they said.

Sorry if I linked anything twice on accident. This is my gear. It has waaay more life than yours OP.
A scion may be born of the rich, and as such hold more opportunity...
but a scion will never be able to appreciate the finer beauty of those less fortunate.
i had 8500 HP with Kaoms but i ripped....and then i ripped 2 more times with kaoms so i said fuck it and went with BV and my rip count on EHC so far is 6x times
Kaom's Heart is in a crippled state currently due to double nerf, a direct to the item (-500 life) and an indirect to the health nodes (8% went to 5-4%) Even if they restore it to 1000 life today which they should with 4-5% health per node it's going to be nowhere near to what it was, because frankly its current state is unjustified for a t1 unique with such a drawback.
Last edited by e1iphas on Oct 1, 2016, 12:28:57 AM
"
e1iphas wrote:
Kaom's Heart is in a crippled state currently due to double nerf, a direct to the item (-500 life) and an indirect to the health nodes (8% went to 5-4%) Even if they restore it to 1000 life today which they should with 4-5% health per node it's going to be nowhere near to what it was, because frankly its current state is unjustified for a t1 unique with such a drawback.

when they nerfed % hp they increased flat hp you get for each level
WEll i hit 9k without kaoms, so yeah and inb4 someone calls my speed clear, rare vaaled core - 4~ mins.
This reminds me of Chris saying in podcast "we wanna be careful buffing life or else it will go back to path of life nodes".

Pretty funny, considering he missed the fact that it was called path of life nodes because you pretty much needed to take almost every life node in order to survive as a life build (remember at the time in HC 200% was the base), not because life was OP. (because it wasnt)
Oblivious
"
Disrupted wrote:
This reminds me of Chris saying in podcast "we wanna be careful buffing life or else it will go back to path of life nodes".

Pretty funny, considering he missed the fact that it was called path of life nodes because you pretty much needed to take almost every life node in order to survive as a life build (remember at the time in HC 200% was the base), not because life was OP. (because it wasnt)

It's STILL path of life nodes LMAO what the fuck or Path of ES right now as well. They made things hit like a fucking truck.

Nice balaence GGG
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
A thread like this won't help them make life better, they will only see this and make ES worse.

Unfortunately GGG like to remove defensive options because it promotes artificial difficulty.

On a side note, has anyone noticed how unnecessary alot of the drawbacks are on uniques? like even if you removed the drawback, they would still be pretty garbage.

I'm not sure I understand this thread. There must be a lot of subtext I'm missing, or my reading comprehension is just pisspoor. Guessing it's mostly the former as I don't pay much attention to streamers or the meta, and I don't play top-tier content (highest tier Map cleared: 12. Never ran uber Atziri, but I have killed normal Atziri deathless and of course have completed uber lab on my own a few times).

My first reading of original post was "I got Kaom's Heart and 240% increased Life, why am I not at 8k?" That was handily answered by multiple people who pointed out the huge number of gear pieces with missing life. But apparently original post already implied that he knew the answer to his own question? So, it's actually sarcastic feedback about Life vs ES? (I'm guessing this thread started in Feedback and got moved here when a support staff completely missed the point like I did?)

So this thread is just another clone of the various Life vs ES threads out there? I mean, like Vipermagi said, Life has a lot of benefits that ES has less access to, like Armour, Evasion, Block, and so on. Maybe it is because I am just a scrublet but 7,000 Life sounds like a very solid number, plenty of Life, to me. My 7,000 ES character honestly feels about as tough as my 5,000 Life character. Maybe there is some trade off with cost of mitigation that I'm missing that tips the scales, but I don't think I can see where original post makes any point for or against Life or ES.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
I'm not sure I understand this thread. There must be a lot of subtext I'm missing, or my reading comprehension is just pisspoor. Guessing it's mostly the former as I don't pay much attention to streamers or the meta, and I don't play top-tier content (highest tier Map cleared: 12. Never ran uber Atziri, but I have killed normal Atziri deathless and of course have completed uber lab on my own a few times).

My first reading of original post was "I got Kaom's Heart and 240% increased Life, why am I not at 8k?" That was handily answered by multiple people who pointed out the huge number of gear pieces with missing life. But apparently original post already implied that he knew the answer to his own question? So, it's actually sarcastic feedback about Life vs ES? (I'm guessing this thread started in Feedback and got moved here when a support staff completely missed the point like I did?)

So this thread is just another clone of the various Life vs ES threads out there? I mean, like Vipermagi said, Life has a lot of benefits that ES has less access to, like Armour, Evasion, Block, and so on. Maybe it is because I am just a scrublet but 7,000 Life sounds like a very solid number, plenty of Life, to me. My 7,000 ES character honestly feels about as tough as my 5,000 Life character. Maybe there is some trade off with cost of mitigation that I'm missing that tips the scales, but I don't think I can see where original post makes any point for or against Life or ES.

http://imgur.com/a/JouLg

Okay before anyone else ask I actually map with 9k hp and will achieve prob 10k HP when I finish my character. Here are the subtexts people were apparently missing:

1. I was wearing common gear found in explosive arrow builds guides, showing that in completely average gear and even splashing out for a kaom's heart + extreme focus on Life nodes that very few life bids can get. I "only" top out a 7k hp, which is the bare min for late game.

2. I pathed through vast majority of the life nodes on the left side of the tree and the only comments I get is "durrhurr get even more life on your gear or remove them unquies and wear all rare gear with more life".

3. People make excuses on why life "isn't bad" as it seems, when it's completely garbaged compared to ES. Obviously my build as block/evasion/spell block/block and high regen. That's already baked into a explosive arrow build.

Entire point of the thread to be an open painting to see what people would draw conclusions from life builds. Obviously many people still missing the point of why the game is much more imbalanced and has even less build variety since going into 2.0 through to 2.4.

That GGG made massive changes going into 2.0 all being slowly reverted going into 2.4.

Just because I personally can path through half of the tree and get 10k HP while getting all checkboxes for "why life is good" doesn't mean it's balanced, fun or is good for the game. The crazy thing is I have to do ALL of this now for people to consider the build "good". I don't even hear about hyrbid builds or other various types of builds. Only "if you only do all of this you can almost be good as ES maybe".
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Oct 2, 2016, 12:57:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info