[2.6] Crystal - Crit Freezing Pulse - 307k-410k DPS, 10.5k ES, CI, Occultist

I only use Discipline and Warlord's Mark as Blasphemy by default. (Can't cast if I reserve more mana).
IDK perhaps it wasn't clear:
Whenever I mention 2nd Blasphemy it is for easy maps and instead of Discipline or the 1st Blasphemy.
I got 2 curses at once possible.
IGN: VanessaXY, Hideouts: 1729744, Build: 1746064, Witch CI
Allright thanks, what you think about the gloves voidbringer? they give allmost the same amount of energyshield then rare ones but less spelldamage, insteed more crit chance for spells.

what would you recommend?
Apropos your gear: you have like half the ES you need.
As I wrote in guide, you should go into CI when buying your ES gear, that is expensive.
And mainly this means 6L ES chest (mine was about 4ex and I still use it). But I had some cheaper 6L about 300 ES, that isn't much for chest.
This means getting rid of Tabula for something way better and very expensive.
Besides, your other gear parts have little ES too. Especially boots and gloves.
Like I wrote, you should have about 6k ES when you switch to CI. And surely more or equal to what life you had (or sum of life and ES). This is not set in stone but I'd say at level 80 or so you need 6k ES or life to survive even 1k less can feel bad.

About Voidbringer. Hmm. I think I tried it shortly, a long while ago. ES is ok but you don't get any resist on it, but surely cheaper. As for damage I'd say it sounds great but probably won't be big. I have like 70% increased Critical Strike Chance on a wand but it is just 1 thing among many there. Surely Voidbringer gives more damage than Fingerless Gloves. But 80% increased Mana Cost of Skills sounds like a nightmare. Our skill needs a lot of mana, could be unplayable.
Last edited by crystalrgb on Nov 5, 2016, 2:13:59 PM
I mean 2 curses as auras, and 2 from getting hit. Can u explain a little?

P.S. Warlord's mark have close to melee range. and 2 curses triggered from hit. so 3 curses at 1 time and mark disappear. Or i missing smth?
Last edited by Imbawolf on Nov 5, 2016, 2:16:42 PM
@Imbawolf
So I never have more than 2 curses on enemies.
Warlord's mark I have always since I need leech (both ES and mana).
And usually enemies have just this one. Those close to me, range is okay.
Other things are just options: Herald Of Thunder with Curse On Hit and Frostbite (I actually don't use it anymore) or Blasphemy with Frostbite (also rarely used), or Blasphemy with Poacher's Mark. To use any I had to sacrifice Discipline, so less ES, only safe on very easy maps.
Lately I tried just Frostbite applied manually for some monsters to compare with Cold Penetration, IDK I may stick with it.
But I do have Cast When Damage Taken with Temporal Chains and that is cool, if some monsters hit hard they get slowed down.

So that's it. 1 always, 2nd sometimes as extra. Rest are options (to switch a bit when bored).
But yeah when I was using 2 blasphemies, close enemies had 2, and Cast When Damage Taken would apply Temporal Chains replacing one of them.
Last edited by crystalrgb on Nov 5, 2016, 2:44:37 PM
thx a lot for explanation! was confused by gems in gear
Update.
Added few videos at level 92 with 155k DPS from T14 Shrine, few T13 and Atziri.
I'm now using Snakepit ring (adds 1 more projectile) more at end of Gear section.

Also added Elementalist variant comparison under Ascendancy section.
Shortly put (at level 90) it does 195k DPS with 2 golems and 5 jewels but has just 8.4k ES with the same gear.
so far thanks for your guide.
Do you think 2x void battery and a few more power charges would give me more damage overall?
I could afford 2x void battery but unsure about it tho. If its worth or not

here is my current gear^^ still need to upgrade few things

Spoiler

Last edited by jewels34 on Nov 7, 2016, 12:14:20 AM
Nice gear. I like both rings with spell damage and cast speed, wish I could have that, unfortunately I got too little resists on other parts.
And the Circlet enhancement seems great. Is it hard to get and how much does it finally increase DPS? BTW what's your DPS right now?

So, I never checked Void Batteries. But my thoughts on them are that, they are cool when you have power charges, and with more than 4 possible it should get more DPS and clear speed on maps. But my worry is for boss fights (and when starting) when you don't have power charges.
Plus Void Battery is freaking expensive, like 6ex. So no way for me to try. Not mentioning 2 of them which is 2x better.
But overall I think rare wands could give more damage, surely at no charges (and maybe even with 4 too). Void Battery has this mod 80% reduced damage, so you need like 6 power charges to reach 110% increased damage (40-80+6*25) which you would have already on a 1ex rare wand.
So yeah shortly put, IMO, not worth it, freaking expensive, and would probably need some power charge generation for bosses (I saw somewhere Orb Of Storms linked with Power Charge On Critical and something else).
I'm not sure, I guess 2 of them could give more damage at max power charges. Either way you would be investing and shifting into being good at all power charges and at the same time being much worse at no charges, so quick power charge generation would be essential.
Last edited by crystalrgb on Nov 9, 2016, 5:48:37 AM
Can I ask why you're not using a Shavronne's Wrappings Occultist's Vestment? It gives higher ES, 10% faster start of Energy Shield Recharge, and Chaos Damage does not bypass Energy Shield (would this substitute for Chaos Inoculation?)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info