[2.4] Occultist Summoner - You will never want to play Necro again!

Actually, by not going necrobot you lose:
160% spectre dmg from ascendancy, 100% inc spectre life
A tonn of damage/defense from auras (mix and match 7), and 10% inc damage for each aura from ascendancy - another 70%. While this build only gets 70 from the tree.
I dont think you can simply pass by this.
Also, you dont benefit from any occ ascendancy points besides es increase and es recharge interuption/stun imunity/extra curse
All the onkill effects are either wasted or not achieved with minions scoring the kills.
But i dont care about all the above until my spectres actually start do do any dps, which they dont for now.
Considered Doedre's Damning with projectile weakness in the 6th socket instead of culling?
"
akavangop wrote:
Actually, by not going necrobot you lose:
160% spectre dmg from ascendancy, 100% inc spectre life
A tonn of damage/defense from auras (mix and match 7), and 10% inc damage for each aura from ascendancy - another 70%. While this build only gets 70 from the tree.
I dont think you can simply pass by this.
Also, you dont benefit from any occ ascendancy points besides es increase and es recharge interuption/stun imunity/extra curse
All the onkill effects are either wasted or not achieved with minions scoring the kills.
But i dont care about all the above until my spectres actually start do do any dps, which they dont for now.

I don't have aurabot in mind when I talk about necromancer ascendancy, I am comparing my build to classic spectre summoner using 3 auras. I don't consider a mixture of aurabot and summoner hardcore viable, personally, I would never play it unless I was filthy rich and had a 900+ ES chest and a godly regen neck and other gear that would make up for the loss of wicked ward and the extra curse. You really can't discount the power you get from an extra defensive curse and wicked ward. I have no doubt an aurabot could out DPS my build, I also have no doubt an aurabot would die to a million things my build could survive, and even one death at any point in the game restarts you at level 1 with no gear.

"
dupie wrote:
Considered Doedre's Damning with projectile weakness in the 6th socket instead of culling?

Yeah certainly something to consider if you get really nice gear and don't need a second ring slot. You could also put in ele weakness and get to a total of like -150 enemy resists, not sure which would be better.
Last edited by IceyDevil on Nov 20, 2016, 9:01:55 PM
"
IceyDevil wrote:

Yeah certainly something to consider if you get really nice gear and don't need a second ring slot. You could also put in ele weakness and get to a total of like -150 enemy resists, not sure which would be better.

If only grace could be thrown in for some crappy map mods for minions. I have been messing around with the build and although the damage is nowhere near as much as my low life aura necro, it is definitely better overall. It just feels better to play, you can spend more time focusing on positioning your minions, dealing with mechanics, not starved of sockets, you don't have to keep 100% uptime on mistress of sacrifice - the list goes on. As a summoner this build lets you focus on your minions and keeping them alive more than yourself which is how a summoner should be IMO.

It is a great build, maybe push for more damage and emphasize the important of flasks and positioning in the guide for higher tier content as this could easily be overlooked by people new to summoners. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited by dupie on Nov 20, 2016, 9:55:57 PM
With the incoming nerf of SoulStrike (going from 150% to 80% faster energy shield recharge), is this build not good anymore?

I was planning to play this build for the next season, but with this nerf I don't know what to think.

Also considering the nerf of Energy From within...

Any ideas of how this might impact the build?

about 4% reduced energy shield and it takes you .325 seconds longer to start recharging your es
For the various occultist nodes that specify "YOU/YOU"VE" kill/killed ect.. do the ascendancy nodes proc when minions kill?
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
about 4% reduced energy shield and it takes you .325 seconds longer to start recharging your es

So for you not a big deal?

Really want to play this build early on to farm higher tier maps.
"
WaterWii wrote:
For the various occultist nodes that specify "YOU/YOU"VE" kill/killed ect.. do the ascendancy nodes proc when minions kill?

Nope, although it does proc on the odd occasion when your arrows get the kill. To be honest besides the explode they are pretty useless considering wicked ward + soul strike's always regenerating insane ES. Not really missing much.
Last edited by dupie on Dec 2, 2016, 6:32:23 AM
"
zelihood wrote:
With the incoming nerf of SoulStrike (going from 150% to 80% faster energy shield recharge), is this build not good anymore?

I was planning to play this build for the next season, but with this nerf I don't know what to think.

Also considering the nerf of Energy From within...

Any ideas of how this might impact the build?

Not a big deal to be honest. The nerf from energy from within doesn't matter much because I didn't use that jewel much to begin with - I was level 91 before I finally swapped unending hunger out for it, plus it was actually barely nerfed in the grand scheme of things. The nerf to soul strike just forces you to play a tiny bit more careful, but won't be noticable the vast majority of the time. Might mean you have to pay slightly more attention in uber labs and t16 bosses :P

"
dupie wrote:

Nope, although it does proc on the odd occasion when your arrows get the kill. To be honest besides the explode they are pretty useless considering wicked ward + soul strike's always regenerating insane ES. Not really missing much.

I haven't done any testing to confirm but I suspect the occasional vile bastion you see is a result of profane bloom killing things, not specifically the arrows. I find it hard to believe quill rain is very often getting the kill blows with its damage range, but vile bastion actually pops up fairly often for me. But yeah, to answer the question with what you already said, minions won't give you vile bastion sadly.
Last edited by IceyDevil on Dec 8, 2016, 10:37:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info