[2.6/3.1] Shaper down on budget 5-link - The Debuffing Pizza (Tri-Curse CI Elementalist Flameblast)

"
Completed 27 Challengesloonger wrote:
"
Completed 36 Challengeszharef wrote:
hey

doriany catalyst is BIS ?

or a good wand can be better

Yes, it's BIS in term of DPS. :)

Hi, I've been using this build and it's been fantastic.
I just hit level 75 with it and I just got Doryani's Catalyst. My question is what makes Doryani's Catalyst so amazing? I can't seem to find a clear answer from reading the thread.

There are plenty of rare wands that can push around that level of spell damage, it doesn't seem to utilize the leech since we aren't going for ghost reaver. I'm clearly misunderstanding something so what makes this BIS?

yeah i can't find too i can get more dps on tooltip with a good crafted wand .

now i got all gear gems q20/20 all ascendary and the build is just amazing

all boss get one shot with the secret tech and 90% of them with flamebast

my gear :

Spoiler

the only thing bad with this build is uber atziri due to her immunity to burning .

thx op
"
darkxc wrote:
"
loonger wrote:
"
hey

I just hit level 75 with it and I just got Doryani's Catalyst. My question is what makes Doryani's Catalyst so amazing? I can't seem to find a clear answer from reading the thread.

There are plenty of rare wands that can push around that level of spell damage, it doesn't seem to utilize the leech since we aren't going for ghost reaver. I'm clearly misunderstanding something so what makes this BIS?

The point of Doryani is the huge "elemental damage", which increases the damage of both the initial hit and the burn. "Spell damage" only increases the initial hit, therefore it is literally inferior.
"
lipica wrote:
discipline . temporal chains & blasphemy support = no mana xD

With the two auras on you should still have 30% unreserved mana, which is far away from "no mana" lol
Last edited by loonger on Oct 14, 2016, 8:42:14 AM
"
"
Completed 27 Challengesloonger wrote:
"
Completed 36 Challengeszharef wrote:
hey

yeah i can't find too i can get more dps on tooltip with a good crafted wand .

now i got all gear gems q20/20 all ascendary and the build is just amazing

all boss get one shot with the secret tech and 90% of them with flamebast

my gear :

Spoiler

the only thing bad with this build is uber atziri due to her immunity to burning .

thx op

Glad to hear the ultimate 6-link setup works for you. :D It's really fun.
Last edited by loonger on Oct 14, 2016, 8:52:07 AM
What do you think about this little variant of the tree?

I wanted to be a little more tanky, so I took Zeloth's Oath and Ghost Reaver plus some other life regen nodes.
On the gear I put a Doryani's Invitation, to get a total of 0.4% fire dmg leech, and an amulet with %life regen.

I'm at shortly less 700 shield regen/s now, with 10.6k shield (without the complete tree, I miss the last curse and some elemental dmg on the right)

Any controindications?

Congratulations for the build, It's awesome!
Last edited by Nopaste on Oct 14, 2016, 8:39:29 PM
"
loonger wrote:

The point of Doryani is the huge "elemental damage", which increases the damage of both the initial hit and the burn. "Spell damage" only increases the initial hit, therefore it is literally inferior.

Ahhhhhhh, that makes much more sense. I didn't realize spell damage has no effect on ignited burning damage.

Thank you; this clears things up.
So, I've never played ci before. Would anyone mind giving me a run down on flask management? I don't really need the mana flask so not sure what else will help this build. I've been running with witchfire
"
Nopaste wrote:
What do you think about this little variant of the tree?

I wanted to be a little more tanky, so I took Zeloth's Oath and Ghost Reaver plus some other life regen nodes.
On the gear I put a Doryani's Invitation, to get a total of 0.4% fire dmg leech, and an amulet with %life regen.

I'm at shortly less 700 shield regen/s now, with 10.6k shield (without the complete tree, I miss the last curse and some elemental dmg on the right)

Any controindications?

Congratulations for the build, It's awesome!

Glad you enjoy it. :D

It seems the tree is a lvl 100 one. :D The analysis of Ghost Reaver has been added to the Q&A session. It's not particularly attractive for this build and playstyle IMO but if you have points to spare feel free to take it. ZO comes in handy though.
"
bridgeburner wrote:
So, I've never played ci before. Would anyone mind giving me a run down on flask management? I don't really need the mana flask so not sure what else will help this build. I've been running with witchfire

The flasks are pretty flexible for this build. Just make sure you have bleed/ignite/freeze immunity mods on the flasks and you will be fine. At least one Quicksilver flask is recommended for Chimera fight.
anyone... video... plssssss

:D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info