[2.6/3.1] Shaper down on budget 5-link - The Debuffing Pizza (Tri-Curse CI Elementalist Flameblast)

"
Majad wrote:
Just want to say thank you for this build.

Killed shaper on my first try with 4 deaths and all guardians deathless.

This build is amazing. Haven't had so much fun and challenge in a while.

Thank you so much.

I must suck then lol. Gear is pretty equal minus 6l+empower.
"
Majad wrote:

Thank you so much.

Thanks for your kind words. Glad to hear you enjoy the build. :D
"
tweedacus wrote:
Is this a good enchant to keep for this build?

It's a pretty good enchant. Considering the ridiculous RNG to get a "perfect" enchant, you may want to keep this.

The DPS is already overkill without any enchant. So any relevant enchant you get is a bonus. No need to pursue a particular enchant.
"
ImSlower wrote:
Hey Loonger, what a build this is. Very satisfying popping big groups, and one-shotting twin bosses all over. Breezing through T13/14/15 stuff now and generally only die to my own stupidity (which is rampant!). I know that Ghost Reaver isn't used, but can you explain a bit more why? You said the leech from Doryanis is "peanuts". A similar FB Ignite elementalist build to yours has it, and on his video it appears like one flameblast is enough to very rapidly fill his ES back up from big 6 to 10k hits. Seems very useful.

It's clearly not necessary, as several of you have downed Shaper without it, but for a player like me who plays clumsily (A problem with any game, I'm simply not as good as many gamers at keeping my situational awareness while doing the right thing all the time.), is the 3 point investment worth a bit less damage?

Sometimes maps with desecrate or fiery ground are infuriating while I try to find hard-to-see corner to refill the ES.

Hi. Ghost Reaver has been brought about for several times. It indeed looks pretty cool on paper. :D

OP intentionally skipped some detail mechanism explanations of the build because they may be too lengthy for most players. :D But will try to explain more on this topic here.

Before the explanation, there is a little background you may want to know, that OP always considers the toughest scenario when theory-crafting a build, where the char has to one-on-one fight against the most end-game boss. Therefore, all "on kill", "killed recently" effects are off the table. If the build can handle this worst scenario, it can handle others pretty easily.

Some numbers you need to know: by default, the cap of a single leech instance is 2% of your max. life/ES per second; while the absolute cap. for multiple leech instance is 20%; unless the char has Vaal Pact. Therefore on a one-on-one boss fight, the max. leech you can get from the boss is 2% of max. ES per second. For a char who has 12k ES this cap is 240 ES/second. Now you can see how trivial the number is comparing to the ES recharge rate which sites on like 5-6k/second. Besides, the mumber is even much smaller in a real fight because the char simply does not standing there doing constant hits on bosses. It is simply not the play style of the build. Therefore while Ghost Reaver looks nice on paper, it provides little for the build, especially in a worst scenario.

For mapping where you can hit multiple mobs, leech may help more. But since the char only deliver 1-3 stack FB when mapping, the leech won't be ridiculously high as well.

If you manage to take the Vaal Pact notable, there is no limit to the leech cap anymore. But the char only has 0.2% leech from the weapon, therefore for a 10-stack FB that gives a 200k hit on a boss, the char will get 200k*0.2%=400 ES leech. Not so much as well.

However, if you want to practise the ultimate move more safely, you can try to get both Ghost Reaver and Vaal Pact. The move can deliver over 1 million hit if executed properly. In this scenario, even the 0.2% leech will gives "1 million * 0.2% = 2000 ES" which is instant recovery. It will prevent your char from death when she has degen debuff on.

The corresponding skill tree may look like this:

Despite of the analysis above, feel free to take Ghost Reaver if it suits your need. You are welcome to do experiment on the tree and share your result here. :D
Last edited by loonger on Oct 11, 2016, 1:53:46 AM
"
ta3boo wrote:
My "Stacks are over-rated" tree.

I just walk and pop one flameblast, prolif does the rest of the job.

Gear

Jewels are dmg/fire dmg & reduced mana cost, I don't use

For when people open ele-ref maps on public. Although I get away with only using one stack, just being cautious as I don't want to lose 10% :)

For no regen maps things work great as I only need 1-2 stack but if the mods suck so bad I can switch to this. And swap temp chains w/ clarity for lowered regen maps but didn't feel the need so far. Even in 4+ man parties, T14+ maps.

Was Trickster before but using a gem slot for prolif started to bug me as it sucks D and has 140% multiplier. But on another note Vaal RF worked wonders with Trickster as I had 85% faster start of energy shield recharge. And with Patient Reaper on top I was regening 10% es and recharging 60% es per second. Evasion/Es gear seemed so expensive so I rerolledto an elementalist.

Also tried Inc. Burn. Dmg as 6th link... Can't justify how good this gem is.. I didn't feel any difference. A level 2 empower felt a lot better than a 20/20 inc. burn. dmg gem.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. :D

Indeed for mapping you don't need "stacks". 1-3 stack is enough, which is actually almost an instant click because of the very high cast speed. On the other side, the DPS is already overkill even on the "Agility version" tree. So IMO no need to sacrifice the much wanted cast speed/move speed for DPS number on paper.

Trickster is a highly defensive Ascendancy class. Most of its features are irrelevant to the build however.
"
Robertthebob wrote:
Re-specced my 93 witch and bought some gear, just shy of 13k es, considering running 2x vaal disciplines with an increased duration instead of decoy totem. My current strength on gear could only support a lvl 15 totem. I know totem is good, but I think I'd rather have two powerful vaal disc's. Opinions?

Try Chimera/Phoenix/Shaper fight with and without the Decoy Totem, then you may have a different thought. :D
"
Robertthebob wrote:
"
Majad wrote:

Thank you so much.

6L is not required whatsoever for this build. :D Maybe you just don't get use to the play style. :D
sup

thx for the build , i'm gonna try it do you have advice for leveling ?
"
sup

thx for the build , i'm gonna try it do you have advice for leveling ?

Hi. Follow the leveling trees and you will be fine. Don't be shy to pick more life nodes if you need more when leveling. Only start using flameblast after you have got the proliferation support gem.
"
Robertthebob wrote:
Re-specced my 93 witch and bought some gear, just shy of 13k es, considering running 2x vaal disciplines with an increased duration instead of decoy totem. My current strength on gear could only support a lvl 15 totem. I know totem is good, but I think I'd rather have two powerful vaal disc's. Opinions?

I don't recommend taking out decoy totem.

Go on and try to hit with a 10 stack pizza on him while he hits you in the face or burrows lol.
"
Robertthebob wrote:

Take note that I've seen my friend fight the guardians and shaper on his stream at least 10 times or so. That helps a ton, so it's no surprise.

I also have almost 1.4k hours into the game so that helps too.
"
loonger wrote:
Try Chimera/Phoenix/Shaper fight with and without the Decoy Totem, then you may have a different thought. :D

Yup. Goats jumping on you, chimera jumping you, phoenix charging at you while you cast a pizza and shaper throwing stupid orbs at you and I didn't try it but I think you can detonate the black holes with decoy too? Idk. Wonder if they get aggroed too by the totem.

This build would be extremely hard in end content bosses without a decoy and one with hp so quality is important too, imo.
fph ~ Orbs work in real life. I exchanged my ex for a lot of regrets.
Last edited by Majad on Oct 11, 2016, 10:55:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info