[2.6/3.1] Shaper down on budget 5-link - The Debuffing Pizza (Tri-Curse CI Elementalist Flameblast)

"
loonger wrote:

Totem has an inherent "less damage" tag which is double dipping. One more initial hit from the extra totem can't really make up the lose of less ignite damage. Anyway, welcome to try and share the result.

So far:

Poorjoy's asylum: was a bit slow but very safe, since totems died pretty fast. Boss died in 1 hit with burn.

Atziri: was good, double vaals died in 1 hit each with burn. Trio was fine, until one of them was left, then he kept killing totems too easily. But once they hit he died as well. Atziri was a bit tricky, again because of the totem durability, but wasn't too hard.

Hall of grandmasters: kills whatever it hits, but some mobs move fast so it takes a while for the totems to catch them. That's pretty much how it went until I faced la char. Oneshots my totems, twoshots me. burned all portals couldn't kill him.

Tier 12 Catacombs: easy clear all the way.

Mind you this was done on a six-link so I'm not sure how to feel about this. There were no mana problems though.

Are there any T16 videos?
hey, just build it today. went to the maze of the minotaur map to try out the damage after i oneshoted izaro several times :) went good, even tho most of my gems are level 19 or lower and my gear isnt the best (gear can bechecken in my profile - most of it is reused, tried out arc/storm call builds before). died 2 or 3 times bc im not playing that well (just playing poe since end of dec and dont have much experience lol). i love the build! made some small changes like adding an enlighten and put my golems into the cwdt 4 link with immortal call. thanks for letting me finally play a cool and really strong 'mage' build after i failed with arc :)

also what are your thoughts on the beast fur shawl chest? ive been planning to get a 6l chest and saw the beast fur shawl been played by some FB elementalists (i hope u guys didnt discuss it alreasy - havent read the whole thread lol way too much for me :( :D)
Last edited by bahnschranke on Jan 19, 2017, 6:42:36 PM
How do you manage to get that tooltip damage?

I'm lvl89 and so far I'm missing only one ele dmg + jewel nodes near whisper of doom (I'm using the agility version, maybe it's because of that?), and only have 2319 with inc AoE and 3687 with CE (pendulum on)

I'm having some issues with guardians (tried chimera and hydra), and high-lvl breachlords (uul netol, haven't try chayula yet), cause apparently I can't kill the mobs fast enough.

So, since my equip is similar to op's, does his tooltip derives from jewels, or am I missing something else?

Thanks for the build, is very fun to play !
Last edited by LewsTherin on Jan 20, 2017, 6:45:24 AM
for bandits
why not ( +60 mana - skill point - skill point )
we dont need the 5% cast speed from bandits right? you said it your self +35% cast speed on tree, and another 18% when the Lightning Golem is on and its always on

so i better fix the mana problem with the bandit reward

what you think ?
"
LewsTherin wrote:
How do you manage to get that tooltip damage?

I'm lvl89 and so far I'm missing only one ele dmg + jewel nodes near whisper of doom (I'm using the agility version, maybe it's because of that?), and only have 2319 with inc AoE and 3687 with CE (pendulum on)

I'm having some issues with guardians (tried chimera and hydra), and high-lvl breachlords (uul netol, haven't try chayula yet), cause apparently I can't kill the mobs fast enough.

So, since my equip is similar to op's, does his tooltip derives from jewels, or am I missing something else?

Thanks for the build, is very fun to play !

Get your gems to 20% quality. Check from wiki which gems need the quality and which don't. You also have noncorrupted 20/20 Flameblast. Vaal that immediately and hope for 21/20 gem. If you get 20/23 it's fine. If you get 20/20, you lost nothing. If you get 19/20 just buy corrupted 20/20 Flameblast for 7 chaos from poe.trade.

You are not using Chayula amulet. How are you dealing with stuns?

Get quality on flasks. 1 chaos for 10 baubles is super cheap. You might also want to consider Atziri's Promise instead of Overflowing Chalice. And Stibnite Flask over one mana potion.

Your jewels are quite poor. Don't go for crit, our build doesn't benefit from it much. And I think damage over time gives damage just to ignite, not Flameblast. Get fire damage, aoe damage, just pure damage and of course energy shield. Faster casting is also nice.

Controlled Destruction (20/20 of course) is better than Empower. Especially level 2 empower. You can buy 20/18 Controlled Destruction from poe.trade for 14c. Then just level it up and vaal it.
Last edited by Wermine on Jan 20, 2017, 7:02:50 AM
I asked this before but nobody answered. Why the setup Cast when damage taken + Immortal Call? The build is not generating any endurance charges so I am wondering.
I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela
"
frogemoth wrote:
I asked this before but nobody answered. Why the setup Cast when damage taken + Immortal Call? The build is not generating any endurance charges so I am wondering.

It has been answered many times, but Immortal Call has a base duration. It works without endurance charges.
Last edited by Wermine on Jan 20, 2017, 1:20:44 PM
Would igniting conflux trigger EE? Or does it not count as a hit?
Last edited by MaurEzekiel on Jan 21, 2017, 9:23:27 AM
"
MaurEzekiel wrote:
Would igniting conflux trigger EE? Or does it not count as a hit?

Igniting doesn't count as a hit. That's why you don't get leech from ignite. But even if igniting would trigger EE, it doesn't matter. Your OoS shoots multiple bolts per second, resetting your EE bonus.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info