Difficulty Levels in 3.0.0

"
1nDecl1ne wrote:
Guys, do away with repeating the content altogether... just have maps start at level 50...

But... maps ARE repeating content...
"
Gruentod wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Jarnhand wrote:
When such a change first are done, it would be MUCH better and more logical to leave the whole old Diablo herritage of difficulties, and just have one long playthrough, then end game (maps and whatever is planned for act 5).

For new players to the genre, the whole 3 playthroughs makes NO sense. Even 2 is boring. One long story and then end game is far better in all senses, and far more entertaining.

Yes, but the story itself is way too short even with 5 acts to make it like that. You'd progress way too fast or farm the A5 equivalent of Dried Lake for hiurs and hours to get to 70 for maps.

Supposedly the long range goal is to eliminate difficulty levels entirely, so it would be a single playthrough. I'm not sure of the final number of acts, but I want to say it was something like ten or fifteen. Can't swear to that, though.

More or less what he said...
So... How will bandits work?
"

Not only Bandits.

What about cruel Labyrint?
What about the cruel quest rewards? Including unique jewels and skill points/resets?
"
Schakar wrote:
"

Not only Bandits.

What about cruel Labyrint?
What about the cruel quest rewards? Including unique jewels and skill points/resets?

There are many things they need to change, and its a reason for this not coming next week. They are doing a big rework of the whole progression in the game, which is very good!
YES!
lol ok cool, short manifesto hype
S L O W E R
Chris post a "big" manifesto and all are asking about skillpoint-bandits-lab.

Bye Normal difficulty =)
Hey GGG devs, did anyone ever read this:

Act 5 should leverage the 3 times through levels of difficulty for both new and veteran players

According to the latest manifesto post I guess not. So when act 5 comes out next year we'll immediately get posts from Veteran players that act 1 is too easy and posts from new players that act 1 is too hard.

When will GGG wise up to the fact that an arpg with only one level of difficulty setting can't satisfy both new and veteran players. The "one size fits all" concept doesn't work here.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
What?!? No "we took the boss difficulty level of Merc act 4... and then we doubled it for act 5" insanity thinking be the devs. Just when I was convinced that Chris has had virtue gems implanted in his skull and been possessed by nerf madness and sweeping negative re-enforcement game changes to drive away many more multitudes of players they're going to rebalance around just Normal and Merciless. I thought I had figured this out but now GGG is showing a Jekyll/Hyde personality so I'm back to rethinking on which path of insanity they're pursuing.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info