Leveling From 85-90?

"
primus1213 wrote:
So i'm a ranger i can safely do up to t10 maps.
I'm finding it slow leveling past 85 not sure if
i'm doing something wrong or this is how it normally is.

Any suggestions?

Incase you guys wana no.

Belly of the beast 6S 5L
Facebreaker
rats nest
volts
drillneck
dex rare boots
rare belt
rare rings/amulets

i have La 35kdps after buffs Br 9k
4k life

Pierce+La Br

Ignore the clown below you.

Up to 85 is usually smooth sailing with a decent build

85-90 slows down a little, but not all that much. If playing in non-hardcore, deaths start to hurt due to the exp loss.

90+ it really slows down. Every death (if you have them) really sucks.

I usually get bored 90+ and start a new character. This league so far got to 88 and started a new one, then got to 91 and again started a new one. I go back to them to play when I feel like playing that build but unless you are striving for 100, you'll start to get a little bored 90+.
"
databeaver wrote:
"
ladish wrote:
Do t6-t10 up to 88 then try and do t9-t11 up to 90 if you can.

I wish I could do T9-11 maps. My map pool is stuck in T7, with T8s building up very slowly and only the occasional T9 or T10. I'm level 88 now and been leveling in maps since level 69 or so. Over 50% bonus from atlas as well, with almost all maps up to T7 completed. I try to do the maps that are connected to still-locked maps whenever I can, but the RNG just hates me.

"
primus1213 wrote:
Thanks i Appreciate it should i alch maps or is it better to run normal ones because i normally
alch them?

For pure XP it's probably best to transmute and alt until you get a mod with pack size. However, the resulting IIQ will be so low you likely won't be able to sustain your map pool. Alch/chaos can give you multiple pack size mods (they're all suffixes), but also has a higher chance of giving something that makes clearing the map slower and thus reducing XP/hr.

Back on my first character I bought all my missing maps up to t10. Ran them all so everything up to 10 was unlocked. Since then, most of my maps are greater than the one I am running. I usually get at least 1 upgrade, 2 of the same tier, and a couple below. I find this league much easier to maintain maps. Try it, maps are cheap up to that tier.
"
Xaaz23 wrote:
Back on my first character I bought all my missing maps up to t10. Ran them all so everything up to 10 was unlocked. Since then, most of my maps are greater than the one I am running. I usually get at least 1 upgrade, 2 of the same tier, and a couple below. I find this league much easier to maintain maps. Try it, maps are cheap up to that tier.

I play self-found, so buying from other players is not an option. My Zana only sells up to T7 so far. It feels like half the maps I run don't drop any maps at all, or only drop a single T5 or below map. +1 drops are very rare. I've ran three T10 maps so far and have yet to receive any T11 maps.
If playing in a Softcore league, don't forget that every time you die you lose a good chunk of XP. This can make progressing slow down exponentially.
U MAD?
A general rule of thumb is that level 90 is the game's soft cap on leveling. Once you hit 90, things get incredibly slow/tedious/grindy/terrifying, as any given death can wipe out dozens of maps' worth of experience in one shot. Up to 90, things are doable, though the level grind after 85 does get noticeably more ridiculous.

Grinding Gear intentionally wants level 100 to be a nigh-unobtainable goal only a very small, frighteningly dedicated ('dedicated'?) few ever obtain. it's a bragging-rights reward, with the game as a whole balanced towards level 80~90 characters.

Some players are more bothered by this set-up than others. It can get frustrating, looking at those last few delicious cookies you know you'll never get, but at this point it's never going to change. Think of level 90 as your target level cap number and everything after that as just a sweet bonus.
alrite thanks i appreciate the reply's :P

but it seams like the early birds got all the worms lol
"
1453R wrote:
Think of level 90 as your target level cap number and everything after that as just a sweet bonus.

This seems true of nearly every f2p game; being especially true of the "pay to win through crafting" games. It seems to always be lvl90, with 100 being a "grand champion" kind of thing; and when the server gets older, they open lvl110 with a $500 set of +10 VIP gear.

This game though?

I just hit lvl87...

And I Am A God(ess).

So 90 sounds pretty nice :)
seriously ......

am almost leaving game, cant get enough xp from tier 10 and 11 with necro... even running those tiers like water, i made every thing right chose some specific maps, no death to me at all, my minions are destroying every thing. but my XP bar dosent walk. and as i said up there seriously am thinking to quit, i have no reason to continue playing 12 16 hours to make 4 5 bars this is preposterous, i have no progress.... why i should keep playing?????

beside that.... still at tier 11 droping lvl 1-30 items, should some1 tell those guys to do something about it???

perhaps some ppl need to READ******** and increase knowledge about how XP should be in ARPG games
Jesus, bit of a clown fiesta in here?

5 bars in 16h at 89? Running T11, what kind of nonsense it that, you spend 30mn per map?

I do around 1 bar an hour... at level 99...

Seriously leveling has never been as easy as this league thanks to beachhead. I never went above 96 before and most of my chars stopped at 90-93.

To xp, people just need to chain maps, you finish one, you get into the other one right away. Should be at least 12 regular maps per hour or 4 beachheads. If you cannot go past a certain tier or are too slow, farm and invest into better gear. You cannot get super high with shit gear cause not dying is important too.

Anyway going all the way to 100 is never mandatory, it's the same kind of investment as getting the 4th T1 on all pieces of gear. Shouldn't be needed to do everything in the game, just a "feels good" upgrade.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info