[2.6] THE NEW FAKENER | DISCHARGE | SUPER FAST STRANDS | Cospris Malice | 9k+ ES | STILL GREAT AOE

"
primaeva wrote:
"
Do you guys think Fortify is better than PCoC in a chest? I ran Vaal Temple to test Fortify on the trio and killed them all with no running, was just cycloning on them 3 untill they died.

I tried using Empower to make Discharge in a chest be lvl 25, but it made Cyclone to be +3 mana, made it to be 8 instead of 5, making it harder to sustain cycloning. Bosses are the main problem, you can run with no problem thru packs but a boss can kill you, so its better to have 20% less damage in a chest, right? Or Empower makes your damage that much better to kill faster and have more amount of leech? What do you think?

And I started running Blashemy + Enfeeble + Elem Weakness. I dont wanna put Enfeeble on CwDT, I wanna mobs to be always less agressive but I dunno if it would be better on hard bosses like guardians to put Warlods on Blashemy and put El. Weakness on CwDT?

Hey there - fortify's always great to have, but you're sacrificing a ton of DPS and reliability for it. Why not slip it into your shield charge 4-link? You tend to charge into bosses anyway, so you've a 5-second period with the buff up, and can reapply easily (since shield charge is instantaneous).

Empower is definitely worth it especially if you've a +1 Volls, but the Elreon setup doesn't play nice with additional mana costs, so if you want to go Empower and +1, you have to build mana, mana regen, and definitely run Warlord's or Poacher's Mark.

Thanks for reply, I saw your post where you said for Shaper you were running Poacher's. How do you think, what curse setup is better for bosses?:
1. Enfeeble + Warlod's (blashemy) + Ele Weakness (CwDT)
2. Enfeeble + Poacher's (blashemy) + Ele Weakness (CwDT)
3. Enfeeble + Poacher's (blashemy) + Warlod's (CwDT)
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
"
Fire309 wrote:

Also, what do you guys think about the flare discharge mtx? :D think it looks decent, and might reduce lag.

I think it does reduce the lag, Im running with this MTX. But normal discharge looks better, you actually have a feeling that you make mobs to explode on your proc, like you blow up even earth itself =) When I bougt that MTX I thought like I lost 50% of my power, but I didnt, its just the feeling of an effect

Like it was with Ground slam when it was cracking the earth, then it changed to some electro shit, and I stopped to play Groundslammer even, the 1st effect was so great, like your hits so powerfull that it cracks the ground, now the effect is lame, but it reduces lag
If I dont reply to you - I dont give a flying duck about your opinion

If you dont reply to me - I dont care either because I dont come back to see who replied to me
Last edited by The_Great_Alex on Jan 18, 2017, 10:28:58 PM
"

Thanks for reply, I saw your post where you said for Shaper you were running Poacher's. How do you think, what curse setup is better for bosses?:
1. Enfeeble + Warlod's (blashemy) + Ele Weakness (CwDT)
2. Enfeeble + Poacher's (blashemy) + Ele Weakness (CwDT)
3. Enfeeble + Poacher's (blashemy) + Warlod's (CwDT)

Hello! I think you misread! For that particular Shaper run I ran:

1. Discipline + Enfeeble (Blasphemy / Enlighten) + Warlord's (CWDT) + Purity of Ice (Aura / Enlighten)

Discipline needs to be in there unless you can get ~1500 ES from somewhere else - although granted Shaper can be done with 7.5 and up if you play it perfectly.

The curse requirement changes from boss to boss and character to character.

On Enfeeble: Enfeeble sits great on a CWDT loop if the boss does multiple medium to small hits often, because you won't sustain that much damage on the first hit and subsequent hits are enfeebled.

Keep it on Blasphemy if it's a heavy-hitting boss that you can't afford to soak damage up on. Do note that Enfeeble works poorly with CWDT as you can't use a level 20 due to the CWDT requirements.

On Warlord's Mark: I don't think this can be taken out of any boss setup, so your option 2 is out. Warlord's is THE biggest source of leech and it solves mana issues. Many will say 'Vinktar's is all you need' - and they are right for T15 and below, OR on those ridiculous 1-shot BV builds, because that's the only time where 4.8 - 6 seconds of 20% leech will outperform a consistent 0.8%-0.88% leech (it's not a full 2% due to bosses having 60% less effect).

As for whether to have it on CWDT or Blasphemy, the jury is still out on this one. CWDT Warlord's is a great, ingenious way to save 35% mana reservation, but you will run into the occasional spot where you're at 15% ES and you DON'T have Warlord's up on anything. Once again - this is fine for trash mobs, but on bosses, putting it on Blasphemy is extra insurance.

On Poacher's: This one is hella interesting but only certain builds will find it useful. I don't think it should be in the core of most builds, but once I get my +1 curse voll's it's definitely going to be on mine. Let's see why:

A. If you're running OP's Elreon x 2 + Mana on hit requirement, you don't have to worry about needing mana back from Poacher's Mark. The life gain is inconsequential.
B. It IS pretty great for mapping and permaflasking, but then again, the best mapping tool ever has been a 20/20 Blood Rage gem, or Vaal Haste if you don't like gambling.
C. It is a GODSEND if you're trying to get the Additional Accuracy gem out of the set-up. Poacher's shreds 49% of a monster's evasion, which can lower acc required to hit by a good four figures. Do remember bosses once again reduce curse effectiveness, so it's only taking maybe 800 off the 90% hit requirement. The perfect use for Poacher's would be a high-end accuracy on rings, BV / Empower in +1 chest, where the additional mana requirements can be patched up with Poacher's and the accuracy gap is narrowed or removed.

I think the contender for third curse slot should be Elemental Weakness at all times. It's true that having EE lessens the impact - it is still huge, however. You do have to weigh this against the jewels you have, however, as a third curse comes at the cost of 6-7 skill points that could be used to reach 2 jewels or more ES nodes. Many would argue dual curse is already overkill and they aren't wrong.

Finally, if you like to be ultra safe at level 99.85, perhaps - Temp Chains is a great option that should render you immortal. Keep this one on CWDT - reason being it's the one curse you want to stick on a boss even if you go out of range.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
"
"
Fire309 wrote:

Also, what do you guys think about the flare discharge mtx? :D think it looks decent, and might reduce lag.

I think it does reduce the lag, Im running with this MTX. But normal discharge looks better, you actually have a feeling that you make mobs to explode on your proc, like you blow up even earth itself =) When I bougt that MTX I thought like I lost 50% of my power, but I didnt, its just the feeling of an effect

Like it was with Ground slam when it was cracking the earth, then it changed to some electro shit, and I stopped to play Groundslammer even, the 1st effect was so great, like your hits so powerfull that it cracks the ground, now the effect is lame, but it reduces lag

Ahh, great to have someone confirm this for me! It does feel a lot smoother and is almost a for of p2w considering lag can be a combat factor :)

Spot on about the effect being nowhere near as grand however. The compromise could be to run just one MTX gem. The one in Cospri's fires all the time, the one in chest only while cycloning on bosses, so if you like plowing through packs with tons of boom, just don't stick the MTX on the Cospri's discharge, but reduce the clutter during boss fights with the globe one on chest so only half of them are lagbombs.
💥💫BB Unloader 1000% AoE 70m DPS🗡️🔪🔫: view-thread/3466787
FlickerCoC Ice Nova / Spear Assassin: view-thread/3225536
🔨⚡CWC Lightning Conduit Mjolner Trickster: view-thread/3300148
VD Arcanist Brand Necro: view-thread/2911667
Last edited by primaeva on Jan 18, 2017, 11:29:56 PM
"
rade0n wrote:
what about using hoi+ib+hypothermia?

makes hypothermia any sense in this build?

:*) ?

i decided to run hoi+ib+discipline+x and have this last socket free... cant decide what fits best in this build because i dont need enlighten anymore
Last edited by rade0n on Jan 19, 2017, 11:50:27 AM
Hi guys! Gonna try this bulid. What should I take notice of ? I have ~450 co for start. Were there any imoportant changes from the first page ? And what kind of gems should I use for leveling ? (sorry, it's noob here)
"
old_nihilist wrote:
Hi guys! Gonna try this bulid. What should I take notice of ? I have ~450 co for start. Were there any imoportant changes from the first page ? And what kind of gems should I use for leveling ? (sorry, it's noob here)

pick a aoe attack for low levels, mind and thought claws unless u dont have them, then grab a high dmg 2handed weapon and just keep using ur aoe till lv 40

grab the required items on the tree and grab the 2 handed mace that always crits, 5 link it, and continue through the story till you get high enough to wear all your gear.
Well read the first page very carefully if you are new and make sure you actually understand everything. This build is not budget-friendly at all so skimping on gear will make it barely functional.

Also keep in mind that the helmet enchantment that you need for the full build has skyrocketed in price so that it's basically unattainable for people who don't know how to make large amounts of currency.

http://poe.trade/search/aonomitositeki

Honestly this just isn't a great build for new people.
Last edited by supremePINEAPPLE on Jan 19, 2017, 2:12:27 PM
omg. It's my first league, It was very difficult to build my whispering ice build though it is quite cheap. I really don't understand how people gain enough currency in the game to play this kind of builds.

Can somebody help me ? I mean is it possible to connect with anybody by pm or some social networks to get some advices how they made their wealth ? I study very fast. it's my first league and I'm able to kill all shaper's guards (even shaper I think I just haven't tried).
Last edited by old_nihilist on Jan 19, 2017, 2:42:54 PM
"
old_nihilist wrote:
omg. It's my first league, It was very difficult to build my whispering ice build though it is quite cheap. I really don't understand how people gain enough currency in the game to play this kind of builds.

Can somebody help me ? I mean is it possible to connect with anybody by pm or some social networks to get some advices how they made their wealth ? I study very fast. it's my first league and I'm able to kill all shaper's guards (even shaper I think I just haven't tried).

farming uber atziri for disfavor and 6ling it for sale is pretty ok for exalts, getting a gg rolled harbinger with 500+ dps is just about mirror worthy so theres a option there too. or u can get a full magic find build and spent hours farming

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info