[2.4] Double Dipping DoT Dreams | CI Vortex Trapper

"
Daidelos wrote:
"
Honking wrote:
The main benefit of playing as a trapper over a non-trapper is we get more More% modifiers for which we can scale our damage.

Are you sure about that, there is a line in 2.4 pathc saying Trap's damage modifier no longer affects damage over time. How does that interact with Vortex? I had a feeling Vortex was a collateral damage while "fixing" Bladefall Mines/Traps.

I think Vortex is an exception as we're not strictly scaling the DoT in the traditional sense, we're scaling the spell damage which in turn, scales the DoT because of the unique part of Vortex which makes DoT's scale with spell damage, if that makes any sense.

"
Sânû wrote:
I like this build and will give a try on EHC but as OCC over Elementalist.
Guess I will add a decoy totem or something to prevent some hits i dont want to take
I will take a few other notes like double curse and later tripple curse once uberlab is done tho.
Maybe I will do some brainstorming and think about a Chaos Conversion over the Fire to Ice one as I´ve a 5L Darkscorn in my stash and I am CI later so it would be like 25% physical reduction + Phy to Chaos conversion which may be pretty handy as it strikes tho any ES and stacks with wither totem :D

Adds 14 to 17 Physical Damage
10% increased Attack Speed
25% of Physical Damage Converted to Chaos Damage
25% of Physical Damage taken as Chaos Damage

Anyway my question or better sugguestion to add in your guide

Why did u advise flamedash or lightning warp with less duration?
I mean we use a Bow and have another VERY lovely alternative -> Blink Arrow + Faster Attacks <- which leaves a decoy which is handy as well and double green isnt hard to archieve via our Masters :)
(If you go for the scepter you can use Leapslam - faster attacks - fortify for even more defense tho)

Honestly, the biggest reason is so far this league I've only played witches which limits gem access, and I haven't yet tried Blink Arrow, but I think it'll be better by default.

We get more attacks per second than casts per second so it'll go off slightly faster, which is great! I was just running LW because I had two spare slots on my 5L top, and man, Flame Dash seems vastly inferior.

Chaos Conversion for this would be great, but you'd have to run Pyre and two consuming darks, which will give you I believe 70% chaos conversion, which is good, but it's not perfect. It's up to you though.

The main thing about playing Occ over Ele is it gets really really hard to scale the ignite damage, but Pyre is still really good for being able to trigger Elemental Equilibrium, so definitely run that. Elemental Focus becomes a godsend, as it's yet another more% modifier.
Last edited by Honking on Sep 26, 2016, 10:41:29 AM
hello again, well thought about your comment and guess I really will try Elementelist then (never done on HC yet). Have some currency and all the items needed already except the +3 bow but will get to that eventually.

Amendet your 123 point tree a bit (121 points used and doubt I will hit 98 in the end :D )

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAN9tAW8EBw18DkgRLxFQEZYV10NUHdkagRslHNwdTx8CIvTsOCj6Kwospiy_MhgyNDLRNbk2xTeDPAU9X0VHRwZJUUmxS65Ms1F0fOVSU1MxVEdmVFZIVmNXyYV7XGtd8pD6ZKpqNsi_bAhsC20ZcFF2b3aCfrB_xoKbhEiGrodli3qMNo7pjxqP-pDWa3qTJ5UEeC-XlZf0mK2aO5uGnsSf36EvoqOmmaa-puunCKcrr5uvt7MDtUi3dbiTiEK-isBmwcXDbcgMGGoTNfRx0NAXpNWm18_YJNhU2Vvb59yN1AffiuL36QLrY-vu7BjtPO4V73zviFgH8NXxivk3m6H31w==

Cut some sockets for dual curse without using another curse on gear and added Essence Surge for more Es regeneration rate and an even faster start of it.

If you could have a look on it maybe I have cut something mandatory but hope not :)
Last edited by Sânû on Sep 27, 2016, 3:36:39 AM
"
Sânû wrote:
hello again, well thought about your comment and guess I really will try Elementelist then (never done on HC yet). Have some currency and all the items needed already except the +3 bow but will get to that eventually.

Amendet your 123 point tree a bit (121 points used and doubt I will hit 98 in the end :D )

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAN9tAW8EBw18DkgRLxFQEZYV10NUHdkagRslHNwdTx8CIvTsOCj6Kwospiy_MhgyNDLRNbk2xTeDPAU9X0VHRwZJUUmxS65Ms1F0fOVSU1MxVEdmVFZIVmNXyYV7XGtd8pD6ZKpqNsi_bAhsC20ZcFF2b3aCfrB_xoKbhEiGrodli3qMNo7pjxqP-pDWa3qTJ5UEeC-XlZf0mK2aO5uGnsSf36EvoqOmmaa-puunCKcrr5uvt7MDtUi3dbiTiEK-isBmwcXDbcgMGGoTNfRx0NAXpNWm18_YJNhU2Vvb59yN1AffiuL36QLrY-vu7BjtPO4V73zviFgH8NXxivk3m6H31w==

Cut some sockets for dual curse without using another curse on gear and added Essence Surge for more Es regeneration rate and an even faster start of it.

If you could have a look on it maybe I have cut something mandatory but hope not :)

Up to you on Ele vs Occ but Occ is waaay more defensively oriented. I'd probably do that for HC, but it's up to you.

I forgot to amend it on the tree, but I've dropped the nodes after and including Fangs of the Viper as it's actually more efficient to just get the starting spell damage nodes in the Witch cluster.

Aside from that, it looks good.

Edit: You can pick up the jewel socket in the witch cluster instead of the templar cluster and save a point, but it depends on if you need extra strength or not
Last edited by Honking on Sep 27, 2016, 8:34:04 PM
started your build and it works very well the dmg as of lvl 45 scales good even dropped some mana / life noets as my gear is decent :D

was lucky that i found this wand with my main char when i helped a friend on cruel

Item Level: 57
--------
29% increased Spell Damage
27% increased Spell Damage
Adds 4 to 9 Physical Damage
10% increased Fire Damage
Adds 22 to 46 Cold Damage to Spells
+22 to maximum Mana
+7 Life gained on Kill
15% increased Cold Damage

it got double spell dmg mod, fire dmg and i was able to put cold dmg for 10 augmentation on it pretty decent :D

Regarding leveling gear u could add Meginord's Vise grants some physical mitigation and more important 100 strg and 4 red sockets for a CWDT Imo Call setup and makes leveling far more relaxing.

Another little hint it is rather hard to archieve 3 blue sockets on Deerstalkers for a pseudo 5l but really worth it if u can effort it...

Well i choose the templer socked exaclty for the strg reason and am still not sure if i should go occ or not. It is about the dmg that u need on uber maze + higher tier maps so dunno yet. Guess i will try
Elementalist with this one if I die still can go for OCC on the next attempt as I will give it another go for sure pretty much enjoy this build not to say I love it a big thanks for this guide once more :)

so long Sânû
"
Sânû wrote:
started your build and it works very well the dmg as of lvl 45 scales good even dropped some mana / life noets as my gear is decent :D

was lucky that i found this wand with my main char when i helped a friend on cruel

Item Level: 57
--------
29% increased Spell Damage
27% increased Spell Damage
Adds 4 to 9 Physical Damage
10% increased Fire Damage
Adds 22 to 46 Cold Damage to Spells
+22 to maximum Mana
+7 Life gained on Kill
15% increased Cold Damage

it got double spell dmg mod, fire dmg and i was able to put cold dmg for 10 augmentation on it pretty decent :D

Regarding leveling gear u could add Meginord's Vise grants some physical mitigation and more important 100 strg and 4 red sockets for a CWDT Imo Call setup and makes leveling far more relaxing.

Another little hint it is rather hard to archieve 3 blue sockets on Deerstalkers for a pseudo 5l but really worth it if u can effort it...

Well i choose the templer socked exaclty for the strg reason and am still not sure if i should go occ or not. It is about the dmg that u need on uber maze + higher tier maps so dunno yet. Guess i will try
Elementalist with this one if I die still can go for OCC on the next attempt as I will give it another go for sure pretty much enjoy this build not to say I love it a big thanks for this guide once more :)

so long Sânû

glgl

Damage of Vortex will liekely start to drop off around A2-3 Merc so just be wary of that, but it picks up again with endgame gear. Or at least, it did for me.
Hi! first of all sorry for my english 8(, i have two questions about this build (i like this so much i love vortex) the first is this build have the enough damage in the endgame? and if you have the enough damage is only for pick the elementalist? i would like to choose another ascendancy class for this build in that case is the pathfinder really good for this build?.

ty for your attention and what a lovely build <3
"
edeipath wrote:
Hi! first of all sorry for my english 8(, i have two questions about this build (i like this so much i love vortex) the first is this build have the enough damage in the endgame? and if you have the enough damage is only for pick the elementalist? i would like to choose another ascendancy class for this build in that case is the pathfinder really good for this build?.

ty for your attention and what a lovely build <3

The ignite conflux is REALLY strong. The closest thing to another comparable, non-witch ascendancy is probably Chieftain or Saboteur. Chieftain gets the massive bonus to ignites and ignite chance and just general fire damage, but the pathing sucks and it really favours life builds over CI.

Saboteur is also decent, but it's just not as strong defensively or offensively, but it might make up for that in the ability to throw traps more frequently. You kinda make one of the ascendancy points irrelevant by just simply wearing Sunblast too.

I really don't know about Pathfinder unfortunately. It seems like it can be strong for this especially considering that it gives you free poison but aside from that it just doesn't really help us as much as it helps other builds as we don't make use of Vinktars, Taste of Hate, Atziris, the list goes on.
ty for your answer!! i was leveling as a witch (lvl 40 for now) and this is so much fun :D

another question, why this doesn't includes cluster traps? is not very efficent or what?

EDIT: Sorry i didn't read all the Q&A section ty for all
Last edited by edeipath on Sep 30, 2016, 10:27:00 PM
Hello!

I tried building the fire nova mine build on the front page of the witch forums and I failed rather hard :).

I was talking with a friend and he mentioned swapping to a vortex trapper because it would require only slight modification of my skill tree (from fire nova mine)and that it was viable.

I have purchased 2x Consuming Dark fiend daggers - after looking at your build passives and such, is there any reason to use a bow +quiver over the consuming darks?

I also have a 5L 700 ES regalia.

I was thinking about following this by using some orb of regrets to drop my mine specific nodes and pickup some of the others.

I would appreciate any insight, I am a player from 2012 starting back up and I am trying to get a grasp on all of these things.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info