Frost Bomb needs PvP scaling of some sort.

-75% regen with a level 1 gem is kind of stupid. I would like to see it have scaling regen as it goes up in levels, or maybe some sort of T value that makes the effect less game breaking for regen based builds in PvP.

I'm perfectly fine with a debuff to regen, but an unremovable debuff that doesn't end if you leave the AoE and lasts 2 seconds? Seems a bit unbalanced.
🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters
Last bumped on Oct 19, 2016, 4:36:43 AM
Frost bomb is useless 99% of the time except for mass regen troll builds.

It's like death's door for bleeding or brass dome for crit, at least this doesn't turn off your regen completely.
Another afk regen troll build complaining about Frost Bomb ? Seems to work as intended.
Last edited by IceDeal on Sep 12, 2016, 7:00:06 AM
Again, I don't mind it existing. I just wish it required some more investment into a higher level gem, or a way to get out of/remove the debuff.

Even if you leave the zone of the bomb, the debuff lasts two seconds and cannot be removed. And it is always 75%, even with a level 1 Frost Bomb.

Brass Dome/etc come with heavy drawbacks, this has none of those.
🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters
Nawww man FB is legit. CI regen troll builds have to have a weakness and this is it. High level or low level really doesn't matter.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
*double post server *
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Sep 12, 2016, 7:38:52 AM
maybe if you put a little dps behind your boring afk build and less regen you would not feel useless when frost bomb is used against you.

I also wished those afk build needed more investment than just standing still with "cast when" gems doing all the work for you . Brainless builds it is, so GGG made brainless counter gems for it.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Sep 12, 2016, 7:51:42 AM
"
Again, I don't mind it existing. I just wish it required some more investment into a higher level gem, or a way to get out of/remove the debuff.

Even if you leave the zone of the bomb, the debuff lasts two seconds and cannot be removed. And it is always 75%, even with a level 1 Frost Bomb.

Brass Dome/etc come with heavy drawbacks, this has none of those.

I would put this in line with block pen, it's downside is sacrificing a gem slot, also to stop and cast it ( wow such effort right? You actually have to click and aim an uncommon concept nowadays. Why stop there, go even dumber with cwdt 2 slots right there ) . This gem has zero use on pve 1 shot fest, You cannot ask for a pvp adjustment for a gem designed to do what it's meant in pvp.
Well, ES builds get a bit lower effect of it because if you wear Shav ring, the 4% from that does not get reduced at all. The only other source I know of is Inquisitor regen while in consecrated ground, for another 4%, but I guess noone picks that class to be tanky.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by Márkusz on Sep 12, 2016, 11:36:47 AM
It is a bit strong at level 1, as a low level cwdt no brainer.

It's not the same as block pen because you're not sacrificing a slot on your 6L (and block pen removes a much smaller proportion of block, as well as requires more investment to 20/20; also block pen is relatively weak vs block compared to skills that completely ignore block like secondary damage).

Relative to alternatives lvl 1 frost bomb is too strong in pvp vs regen builds, creating a somewhat lame meta where everyone has it all the time, or swaps it in with minimal opportunity cost. GGG could increase the opportunity cost by making it incompatible with cwdt and similar triggers (like orb of storms). And least then there'd be some effort involved.

I'd like to see more variety, perhaps other skills (or curses) that interact with regen /instant healing /life gain/ recharge/ etc. (and flask use).
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Sep 12, 2016, 3:13:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info