[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

which uniqes use to level with?
"
Nightstone13 wrote:
I tried RF, GC, frostbolt, flameblast, freezing pulse and magma orb totems in beta. GC is definitely doable.

I think this time around i'm going generic heiro 4 totem build. Level all the above jewels and see how it looks in the end game and respec as needed. That and a trap.

Having 4 totems on the multi boss maps is a big plus as it is with the totem killers and fast movers. Not to mention a certain giant cold hopper boss.

Wanted to also mention the slow orbs... Fast movers and slow orbs ruined my day a few times.

Lots of new mob dynamics...

NS

This piques my interest quite well. I’m really interested in seeing if Hierophant now might be slightly ahead in terms of DPS with GC totems. Ritual of Awakening got slightly buffed (from 8 to 7% less damage per active totem) and not to mention the extra MoM defense. We should get cracking in Path of Building and see what the best setups are. I was under the impression that Inquisitor is always better than Hierophant (Inevitable Judgment seems so GG), but it would be nice to see that change finally. There is something very satisfying about having a wall of totems shred everything to pieces.
Last edited by Corsica96 on Aug 3, 2017, 12:33:02 PM
How viable is this build for farming Uber lab while still on a budget (not fully geared)? I'm looking for something that can farm Uber within the first few days of the new league but am very skeptical of its survivability vs. a charged Izaro.

What gear would be a must-have for that to be doable?
oh...i've changed FB to GC, Faster Cast to Phys to Lightning, Increased Crit to Increased Crit Damage and still only 107k DPS......it was 238 with FB...

viperesque, we really need you thoughts and new build O.O
What are your thoughts on taking Alira for the bandit reward? The mana regen seems really strong for a MoM build and crit multi is always nice.
"
Zer0Coo1_ wrote:
oh...i've changed FB to GC, Faster Cast to Phys to Lightning, Increased Crit to Increased Crit Damage and still only 107k DPS......it was 238 with FB...

As viper explained to me earlier in the thread, PoB doesn't count the multiple hits of GC.
"
viperesque wrote:

"
lourun_coria wrote:
"
viperesque wrote:
"Flameblast now grants 55% more ailment damage and 110% more spell damage per stage."
Technically a nerf! It's 110/110 on live.

Please, explain this :)

On live, ignite damage is determined by hit damage, so benefits at full effectiveness from the 110% more spell damage per stage. In 3.0, ignite damage is separated from hit damage so wouldn't benefit from that at all. The new ailment damage modifier is only half strength compared to using the 110% spell damage like it used to. However, since we don't care about ignite damage anymore it doesn't actually matter. Thus, "technically".

Thanks for your clear reply, I got it now.

Changing the topic, I read this from your guide:

"
viperesque wrote:

In the past, there was a fair bit of back and forth over whether Inquisitor, Elementalist or Hierophant was the best ascendancy choice. With 3.0's changes to ignite damage, it has become pretty simple. Ignite-based elementalist versions have entirely ceased to function, and Hierophant no longer has sufficient damage to compete (in testing, one Inquisitor totem dealt the same damage as four Hierophant totems). This leaves Inquisitor as pretty much the only choice, as it hardly changed at all.

Are you sure? I am not very sure of this because of Path notes:

"

Inquisitor
-The Inquisitor's Sanctify skill now grants a 30% chance to create Consecrated Ground when hit, as well as a 30% chance to create Consecrated Ground on kill (both up from 25%). -> Small buf, not counting for DPS really.
-The Inquisitor's Pious Path skill now grants 6% of Maximum Energy Shield and Mana regenerated per second while on Consecrated Ground (up from 4%) -> Nice defensive Buff.
-The Inquisitor's Righteous Providence skill now grants 20% increased Effect of Non-Damaging Ailments. -> I dont see buffs for this build here.

Hierophant
-The Hierophant's Sanctuary of Thought skill now grants 30% of Maximum Mana as Extra Maximum Energy Shield (up from 25%) -> Small Defensive Buff
-The Hierophant's Pursuit of Faith skill now grants 6% increased Damage per Enemy Killed by you or your Totems Recently, and 10% increased Attack and Cast Speed while you have a Totem (up from 4% and 8% respectively).-> 2% more DPS for Enemy Killed in 4 seconds and 2% more Cast Speed.

-The Hierophant's Ritual of Awakening skill now grants 7% less Totem Damage per Totem (down from 8%).-> That's 4% more damage if using 4 Totems.

So, in conclusion, I see more buffed speaking of DPS the Hierophant than the Inquisitor. Don't you agree?

I want to play this build in HC SSF but I am having a hard time for choosing between the ascendancies.
HC SSF Harbinguer : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 94 (RIP).
STANDARD : Templar Inquisitor, LVL 97 (ALL CONTENT DONE)
Last edited by lourun_coria on Aug 3, 2017, 2:43:10 PM
"
Graiaule wrote:
"
Zer0Coo1_ wrote:

As viper explained to me earlier in the thread, PoB doesn't count the multiple hits of GC.

so this DPS is just like for 1 cast of FB and 1 cast of GC?
Inquis vs Heiro is pretty irrelevant end game as its so easy now to change ascendancy. A bunch of regrets and a trip through standard lab.

For leveling though i'm going hiero... 4 totems gives a huge tactical advantage. Add a trap and some minions for damage absorption and your set. Conviction of power even with the 10% nerf on p charges was nice and the high mob density usually had me at full endurance charges too.

Just my take

NS

I like totem builds. Not a fan of micro managing stuff. Also gives more room to avoid stuff and not die. Also reflect immunity.

But i can't decide what totem build to go for. I played dual flame totem blood magic inquisitor before 2.5 or so i think.

RF sounds good but feels like it can miss mobs a lot if you don't have a high end expensive gear (long cast time, mobs moving away from aoe area).

How does it work with self found gear and at most 5l/no uniques early on?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info