[2.4] Caustic Arrow - CI

Hi, I play Path of Exile since Warband and Caustic arrow (Poison arrow in past) was a skill that I always wanted to play but I had never take the time for it.

In this league with essence CI is a strong option for cheap and great defence.

Pro :
Spoiler
- Cheap
- Relaxing
- Safe
- No brain for modding map (we just need skip bloodmagic)

Con :
Spoiler
- Single Target

Stuff :

Weapons :
Bow 5 or 6 link with +2 bow (The best option are +2 bow level and +1 socketed gems but just +2 bow is nice)

For leveling i use Silverbranch
Spoiler

Quivers :
We have 2 great option.
Drillneck for damage
Spoiler

Soul Strike for survive (if you play it you need 10% more pierce chance in passive tree)
Spoiler

Other stuff :
Rare with ES and resist (with essence we can have ring with increased chaos damage but i haven’t craft them)

If you have a lot of currency you can play with heretic’s veil for more curse effect with this link Blasphemy - Temporal chain - Vulnerability - enhance
Spoiler

Jewel :
Energy from Within because ES and I personally use Careful Planning for no care dexterity on stuff
Spoiler

Link :

Caustic Arrow - Pierce - Slower Projectile - Void Manipulation - rapid decay - Empower (or blue socket for AOE/Conc effect/Rarity)
Essence drain - Controlled Destruction - Slower Projectile - Void Manipulation - rapid decay - Empower
Blasphemy - Temporal chain - Vulnerability - Discipline
Blink arrow - Faster attack - GMP - Frenzy
Vaal discipline - Increased Duration - Spell Totem - Wither

Passive tree :

Bandit :
resist or passive - Passive - Frenzy or Passive

Ascendancy :
Occultist for ES, curse and chaos
Spoiler
Profane bloom : really strong for clear speed
Wicked Ward : More ES
Vile Bastion : Regen ES and stun protection
Void Beacon : For damage

My Gear :
Spoiler

Video :
Spoiler
Ashen wood t7 : https://youtu.be/5wJqC3fNsRw
23% more rare monsters
Monsters have 271% increased critical strike chance
+38% to monster critical strike multiplier
Monsters deal 77% extra damage as fire
Unique boss has 25% increased life
Unique boss has 25% increased area of effect
Rare monsters each have a nemesis mod
Last edited by LucreciaFrag on Sep 11, 2016, 8:21:54 AM
Last bumped on Dec 28, 2016, 8:46:57 PM
reserve
Last edited by LucreciaFrag on Sep 11, 2016, 6:58:05 AM
reserve
short question why are u using essence drain in the chest?
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
Last edited by Fyndel on Sep 22, 2016, 8:49:52 PM
I can't believe we have the same idea. I almost made the same build with caustic arrow and essence drain combo. I'm glad you posted your variation. BTW, here is my current tree.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAMeA-4FtQ18DkgQexEvEVARlhNtFAkVfhXXFy8YahmKGmwajxslHNwdFB2-HdkfQSLqIvQmiCepKPoqWysKLL8zhzW5PV9DNkNUSRNLrlJTUq9S7FXWVmNXyVgHXEBca13yZOdn_GnYbAttGW1sdZ52gngvefZ85XzwfqF_xoCkgseESIauh8uIQongjxqPRo_6kQeTH5Mnl_SboZ2upwinK6ebrUq0DLVItzC4k7v8vjq-isHFwuzDOsNtyAzK088V2VvbGt-K5ljndOjW6QLquutj6-7sGPRx9tr3wffX-ej60vsJ

"

The reason why you use essence drain is because caustic arrow is a weak single target skill. CA creates static cloud so even with conc. effect, non-static bosses can juke the area easily. With lv20 ED, which is approximately 1.5x stronger than lv20 CA, we gonna hit hard on bosses. Besides, the nodes from the passive scale with both gems as long as you ignore spell damage. With perfect gear, CA can reach lv28 on bow, while ED can reach lv24 on chest, which makes ED provides 100% damage boost when fighting bosses.
Last edited by adamwoon on Sep 29, 2016, 4:53:59 AM
"
adamwoon wrote:
I can't believe we have the same idea. I almost made the same build with caustic arrow and essence drain combo. I'm glad you posted your variation. BTW, here is my current tree.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAMeA-4FtQ18DkgQexEvEVARlhNtFAkVfhXXFy8YahmKGmwajxslHNwdFB2-HdkfQSLqIvQmiCepKPoqWysKLL8zhzW5PV9DNkNUSRNLrlJTUq9S7FXWVmNXyVgHXEBca13yZOdn_GnYbAttGW1sdZ52gngvefZ85XzwfqF_xoCkgseESIauh8uIQongjxqPRo_6kQeTH5Mnl_SboZ2upwinK6ebrUq0DLVItzC4k7v8vjq-isHFwuzDOsNtyAzK088V2VvbGt-K5ljndOjW6QLquutj6-7sGPRx9tr3wffX-ej60vsJ

"

The reason why you use essence drain is because caustic arrow is a weak single target skill. CA creates static cloud so even with conc. effect, non-static bosses can juke the area easily. With lv20 ED, which is approximately 1.5x stronger than lv20 CA, we gonna hit hard on bosses. Besides, the nodes from the passive scale with both gems as long as you ignore spell damage. With perfect gear, CA can reach lv28 on bow, while ED can reach lv24 on chest, which makes ED provides 100% damage boost when fighting bosses.

Indeed, ED is for single target because we can stack ED and CA.
Hey if I was to make a CA CI Occultist would a +3 bow or +1 delirium bow be more effective do you think?
"
Hey if I was to make a CA CI Occultist would a +3 bow or +1 delirium bow be more effective do you think?

I think delirium is better for boss fight
Would you recommend this build as a first build for the next league? How is it's clear speed. Caustic arrow feels fairly slow right now while testing it out.
instead of the blink arrow i would sugest a wither totem set up

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info