Atlas mechanics / map drops: Is GGG lying to us? Deliberately not telling the truth?

"
Char1983 wrote:
0.5 from the boss

Wasn't it confirmed that bosses have, was it 20%?, map drop chance?
"
almostdead wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
0.5 from the boss

Wasn't it confirmed that bosses have, was it 20%?, map drop chance?

They have a 20% flat chance to drop a map, on top of their normal chance to drop a map. I've had 3 map drops from a boss before. Also, sometimes you have multiple bosses (which all can drop maps, but only one gets the 20% flat extra chance that is not modified by IIQ AFAIK).

Besides, as I said, just an example. For a more detailed and more accurate discussion, read the thread linked in the first post of the thread here.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
I do not know what you think, but I find incredible all the things people have to do to "understand" what the hell is going on to access end game content. it is unbelievable how gated end game content is not matter how strong and well geared your character is. In my case, I am tired, extremely tired, to play tier11-13 maps to get a "chance" to go into tier14-16. It does not matter how well you roll a map (pack size + high Q + corrupted + sextant mods....), sustaining tier14-16 is extremely difficult, otherwise people will not have such problems, and this is why people (me included) get easily discouraged to play the journey to the sharper.

What is the point of gearing, min-max a built, get fancy MTX so your character looks great for spending 90% of the time doing on average tier11-12 maps?

GGG should put as an achievement, complete atlas and defeat Sharper self-found, I would love to see the % of players getting it.
"
Erial wrote:
I do not know what you think, but I find incredible all the things people have to do to "understand" what the hell is going on to access end game content. it is unbelievable how gated end game content is not matter how strong and well geared your character is. In my case, I am tired, extremely tired, to play tier11-13 maps to get a "chance" to go into tier14-16. It does not matter how well you roll a map (pack size + high Q + corrupted + sextant mods....), sustaining tier14-16 is extremely difficult, otherwise people will not have such problems, and this is why people (me included) get easily discouraged to play the journey to the sharper.

What is the point of gearing, min-max a built, get fancy MTX so your character looks great for spending 90% of the time doing on average tier11-12 maps?

GGG should put as an achievement, complete atlas and defeat Sharper self-found, I would love to see the % of players getting it.

This so much.
I am also sick and tired of rolling high tier maps with 5 to 10 chaos worth of currency, with some mega rip mods and only to get a big middle finger at the end with no map upgrade or no maps at all dropping and i have to go back to tier 10 and lower.
I want to run End-Game content at least 70% of the time and not like now - once in a blue moon.
The endgame is still a RNG rollercoaster, indeed. Not that anyone expected anything different, right?

I played this little "game" in Std in the past days. I would take five T11 maps and play them until the pool got rekt or my gaming session was over. Sub T11 got discarded. My Atlas in Std is at 108%. Here are the results:

Set 1

Played for 5+ hours, pool just kept fattening

Set 2

Utterly rekt. First 5 T11 dropped just a Plateau, which even at 145% didnt drop any red maps.

Set 3

About 2hrs of gameplay, the highest I got was one T13

Set 4

Played for about 3 hours. Quite a good run.

Set 5

Rolled some really nasty maps, alas, T12 is the further I got before the pool shrunk and I got bored

Going back to Std I noticed all my legacy T11 were fully chiseled. I'd never do that now. Previously I treated T10 as trash, now I treat T11 as trash. That's about it.

GGG announced this "huge endgame overhaul", but mostly they just applied some make-up. It's still the same RNG-progression, currency sink system, where dice rolls are more important than anything else the player does.

'Oh, so you invested into a 150% rippy map with multi-packsize... sry, base drop rate rolled low this time, so you don't get anything'.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
I wonder how far maps dropoff after you hit red.

ignoring the cost to roll a map, clearly the t12 should be
more rewarding than the t11 for 3 reasons: chance of currency,
xp rate and map drops.

is this somehow not the case in red maps? doubt it, but it does
seem to be a miniscule improvement for a staggering cost.

I regularly face palm at the no maps dropped in a red, and later
on in yellows its map city.

I save my top maps for monstrous treasure... one cartog can
set you right for days. at the very least div's are fuckin cool.

I have a superstition... about map drops being globally influenced
and not fully locally influenced. I mean similar to the entropy pool system
devised for evasion there is a "has he gotten a map lately? no? give him
better odds till he gets one" across maps.

meaning if this is not superstition, I should run yellow maps until
I get zero maps from one of them... the entropy will be high... time to
run abyss.

conversely if you just got 6 maps dropped in a t10... do _NOT_ run an abyss.

they have fuckin gotten me hanging dream catchers and surrounding my
gaming chair in a circle of salt. I've been throwing chicken bones.
I've been jumping over cracks in the side walk. crystal necklaces.
lucky sweater.
"
morbo wrote:
The endgame is still a RNG rollercoaster, indeed. Not that anyone expected anything different, right?

I played this little "game" in Std in the past days. I would take five T11 maps and play them until the pool got rekt or my gaming session was over. Sub T11 got discarded. My Atlas in Std is at 108%. Here are the results:

<Sets>

Going back to Std I noticed all my legacy T11 were fully chiseled. I'd never do that now. Previously I treated T10 as trash, now I treat T11 as trash. That's about it.

GGG announced this "huge endgame overhaul", but mostly they just applied some make-up. It's still the same RNG-progression, currency sink system, where dice rolls are more important than anything else the player does.

'Oh, so you invested into a 150% rippy map with multi-packsize... sry, base drop rate rolled low this time, so you don't get anything'.

Thanks for the experiment morbo. I wouldn't mind doing a few sets like yours, especially since I have some Legacy T11 to mess around with.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
"
morbo wrote:

<Sets>

Thanks for the experiment morbo. I wouldn't mind doing a few sets like yours, especially since I have some Legacy T11 to mess around with.

It's at a point where even t12 is not really worth chiseling anymore and that is great. 2 years ago, a t12 shipyard was hyper end game.

This was the reason they decided to gimp exp.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
morbo wrote:

Why would you expect that? Which other game can you name where the end-game is an RNG rollercoaster? Which other game has significant end-game content gated behind RNG?

I was seriously confused when I first got to the end-game and found out about its weird construction.

That being said, I might do the same you did, just with T12s instead of T11s as a starting point. Might be fun.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:

Why would you expect that? Which other game can you name where the end-game is an RNG rollercoaster? Which other game has significant end-game content gated behind RNG?

In Diablo2 do you consider Baal runs endgame or Pandemonium event (ubers)?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info