PROCUREMENT : The Ultimate Path Of Exile Companion Tool!

No idea if it's been discussed, but the 1 line buyout thing is a huge PITA for users browsing shops.

I have lots of varying prices for items and having to scroll down a huge list is an exercise in patience and potentially frustration. Couple that with some items in the list not having buyouts set and it can be quite confusing to understand if they're worth what's written close to them or not.

Is there an edit I can make to the code to stop the line by line separation? I assume this would break poe.xyz indexing, but I don't know for sure.

Or in an update, could the program go through everything that costs the same and list them grouped up in spoilers or something?

At this point I'm deciding whether or not to spend an hour going through my shop list and just manually arranging everything, though I find this to be an even bigger PITA as there's no visual feedback when editing posts, just stash locations, so this will be an even bigger nightmare than dealing with the single line items.
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.
"
ZorbaTHut wrote:
Here, have some more code!

https://github.com/zorbathut/procurement/commit/a11f962a0a67091093c119f296e6c5b1ae5f3051

Background: I've recently started keeping Procurement in Google Docs so I can ship it back and forth easily between two computers. Unfortunately, Procurement stores its password in a format that is not computer-portable. I'm actually totally fine with that - it's a clever security improvement, so, cool - but the problem is that I can't log in even in offline mode with the wrong computer's password.

Fix: If you're logging in with "offline" mode, the password isn't needed anyway, so don't bother trying to decrypt it.

At the same time I also cleaned up the trinary operator, since it was about to get totally impossible to understand.

Would be greatly appreciative if this made it into 1.2.0 :)

The idea behind the non-portable password storage was so that we can say that even if someone got hold of your Procurement install, they wouldn't be able to view your stash in offline mode.

I can see why it would be annoying infor your scenario, but security is a contentious issue.

"
DAOWAce wrote:
No idea if it's been discussed, but the 1 line buyout thing is a huge PITA for users browsing shops.

I have lots of varying prices for items and having to scroll down a huge list is an exercise in patience and potentially frustration. Couple that with some items in the list not having buyouts set and it can be quite confusing to understand if they're worth what's written close to them or not.

Is there an edit I can make to the code to stop the line by line separation? I assume this would break poe.xyz indexing, but I don't know for sure.

Or in an update, could the program go through everything that costs the same and list them grouped up in spoilers or something?

At this point I'm deciding whether or not to spend an hour going through my shop list and just manually arranging everything, though I find this to be an even bigger PITA as there's no visual feedback when editing posts, just stash locations, so this will be an even bigger nightmare than dealing with the single line items.

Unfortunately there isn't a way around this, as soon as you put text next to an item you've linked in the forum it pushes the following item on to a new line.

I think it would be even more of a PITA to do this process manually, one by one linking items and pricing them.

The only alternative is to have tabs for each of your prices, that way you can set a price for everything in the tab, and link everything under one spoiler at the same price, for example:

(spoiler="~b/o 1c")
{Stash:1c}
(/spoiler)

Alternatively, you can use the {Buyouts} tag, which will group things by their price all into one spoiler grouped by price, and everything will be on one line.

Check the wiki for more info on how to configure different buyout settings.

Procurement has thousands of users, and everyone has a specific way they want to setup their shop, we've tried to make Procurement as customizable as possible so that it can cater to everyone's preference.
Procurement  : The Ultimate Exile's Companion!
Forum Thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172710/page/1
Github : https://github.com/Stickymaddness/Procurement/
"

The idea behind the non-portable password storage was so that we can say that even if someone got hold of your Procurement install, they wouldn't be able to view your stash in offline mode.

But that doesn't work at all - I can just enter a random password, hit "offline", and see the entire stash.
"
RagnarokX wrote:
i still Need a Explanation on how to make only download CERTAIN Tabs, please.

i tried Google code Forum, but noone replied.

Last edited by RagnarokX on Feb 13, 2014, 6:38:49 AM
"
ZorbaTHut wrote:
"

But that doesn't work at all - I can just enter a random password, hit "offline", and see the entire stash.

I don't follow what you're saying Zorba, your last post you said you can't login in offline mode?

"
ZorbaTHut wrote:
but the problem is that I can't log in even in offline mode with the wrong computer's password.

"
RagnarokX wrote:
i still Need a Explanation on how to make only download CERTAIN Tabs, please.
i tried Google code Forum, but noone replied.

1.) Open settings.xml, eg: with notepad

2.) Go to the part of the file with :

<List name="MyTabs">
<!--If you only want Procurement to download specific tabs list them here, eg :-->
<!--<Item value="Shop" />-->
</List>

3.) Lets say you have tabs named "Shop1", "Shop2", "Shop3" change it to:

<List name="MyTabs">
<Item value="Shop1" />
<Item value="Shop2" />
<Item value="Shop3" />
</List>

4.) Save the file and closed it.
5.) Login to Procurement

Last edited by Stickymaddness on Feb 13, 2014, 7:14:23 AM
"

I don't follow what you're saying Zorba, your last post you said you can't login in offline mode?

In offline mode, the password is read, decrypted, and then thrown away. The "decryption" part fails if the settings.xml file has been moved from another computer, but it's easy enough to bypass by just changing the password to some random garbage - it's never checked against anything, and you get to see their entire vault.

If you're actually planning on moving settings.xml back to the original computer, changing the password is annoying because you then need to reset it back to the proper password later.

My change gets rid of the "decrypt" stage in situations where the password would then be thrown away. It doesn't hurt security because there's already an easy way to bypass that "security", it's just a usability improvement.
Last edited by ZorbaTHut on Feb 13, 2014, 10:03:56 AM
"
ZorbaTHut wrote:
"

In offline mode, the password is read, decrypted, and then thrown away. The "decryption" part fails if the settings.xml file has been moved from another computer, but it's easy enough to bypass by just changing the password to some random garbage - it's never checked against anything, and you get to see their entire vault.

If you're actually planning on moving settings.xml back to the original computer, changing the password is annoying because you then need to reset it back to the proper password later.

My change gets rid of the "decrypt" stage in situations where the password would then be thrown away. It doesn't hurt security because there's already an easy way to bypass that "security", it's just a usability improvement.

Right, I'm with you now, ignore what I said earlier I was derping! Your change makes total sense, I'll include it for 1.2.0 which I was hoping to have out by now!
"
Right, I'm with you now, ignore what I said earlier I was derping! Your change makes total sense, I'll include it for 1.2.0 which I was hoping to have out by now!

Sweet, thanks and looking forward to it :)
"

Wanted to thank you for working so hard on this program - it really brings a lot to the game for me. Looking forward to 1.2 (when it's ready) :).

What a great program for a great game. I can tell you've put a lot of time, hard work, and passion into making Procurment, it shows. I have recently been getting the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." - When searching on google, I found a link to a discussion where you discuss this error, and say it will be addressed in the next release. That's awesome! Until then, is there a workaround I can do to get it to work?

I have no race rewards in my stash.

*EDIT*

I have found a fix that seems to be working. I edited the settings file to only download my favorite character, from my favorite league. I think I'm good for now! Thanks so much. Is there a way to make a donation to you?
Last edited by RedditDude on Feb 13, 2014, 11:13:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info