PROCUREMENT : The Ultimate Path Of Exile Companion Tool!

"
Exxar wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the stash text search currently only searches by item names. It would be much more useful if it would search through item properties too. Another way to make it much more useful is to make it encompass the inventories and equipped items of all characters in addition to the stash.

Currently you can search by item name or item type eg: Helm, Ring, Sword etc. We will be adding a bunch of new filters, like for stats, with v0.0.6. We will also look into including character inventory in the search.
Procurement  : The Ultimate Exile's Companion!
Forum Thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172710/page/1
Github : https://github.com/Stickymaddness/Procurement/
Good to know :). One other thing I noticed is that even when you select one of the results from the dropdown resulting from a search, the search isn't an exact match. For example, I entered "arc" into the search and the dropdown contained Arc, Arctic Breath and some rares starting with "Arc". I selected Arc from that dropdown and everything starting with "Arc" was matched, so an exact match option would be useful.

"

What we'd like to know from you :

All of these are excellent ideas. Personally, since we already rely on code review to feel secure about entering our account data into the program, I don't think accessing third party sites will be a problem.
This looks really useful but I'm still waiting for something that supports searching/indexing multiple accounts :)
Something that could lend you credibility and win over people who don't wish to enter their PoE account details: enable loading of data via manual import of raw JSON obtainable from this site (and present instructions on how to do so). It's not a user friendly solution, but it's a 100% secure one so people can choose between security and user friendliness.
Omg I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot poll. I mean is anyone seriously going to type their password into a 3rd party program?
"
Yogabba wrote:
Omg I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot poll. I mean is anyone seriously going to type their password into a 3rd party program?

Well I am paranoid.

I ran it on a brand new account to test if it worked.

It did.

I ran it in a Virtualised Windows 7 within a sandbox, within a sandbox.

Copy pasted the trading and than delete everything within the sandbox, the virtualbox and the sandbox holding the virtualised windows 7. >.>

Than I changed my password.

Which I plan to do every ~2 weeks.
"
Exxar wrote:
Something that could lend you credibility and win over people who don't wish to enter their PoE account details: enable loading of data via manual import of raw JSON obtainable from this site (and present instructions on how to do so). It's not a user friendly solution, but it's a 100% secure one so people can choose between security and user friendliness.

We had thought of that, but it would be difficult to implement. We would have add additional functionality to ask the user for each file manually, and then people would still probably cry fowl. I will see if we can get something workable, but would rather focus on v0.0.6 functionality.

What's hilarious is that with the chrome plugin it's perfectly acceptable for it to hijack your browser session.

"
Yogabba wrote:
I mean is anyone seriously going to type their password into a 3rd party program?

We've had almost 1000 downloads, so yes.

"
MrWaa wrote:

Well I am paranoid.

It did.

Copy pasted the trading and than delete everything within the sandbox, the virtualbox and the sandbox holding the virtualised windows 7. >.>

That's a good way to test it out, several people have gone over the code and given it the ok as well. Another thing you can do if you're concerned is to firewall it out, so it only accesses pathofexile.com and the cdn.
"
"
Exxar wrote:

We had thought of that, but it would be difficult to implement. We would have add additional functionality to ask the user for each file manually, and then people would still probably cry fowl. I will see if we can get something workable, but would rather focus on v0.0.6 functionality.

What's hilarious is that with the chrome plugin it's perfectly acceptable for it to hijack your browser session.

"
Yogabba wrote:
I mean is anyone seriously going to type their password into a 3rd party program?

We've had almost 1000 downloads, so yes.

"
MrWaa wrote:

Well I am paranoid.

It did.

That's a good way to test it out, several people have gone over the code and given it the ok as well. Another thing you can do if you're concerned is to firewall it out, so it only accesses pathofexile.com and the cdn.

I feel safer my way. I only use it to make my trading x1000 efficient.
"
MrWaa wrote:
I feel safer my way. I only use it to make my trading x1000 efficient.

I meant in addition to what you're already doing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info