Self found can use a bit of love

"
Fruz wrote:
"
Hexcaliber wrote:

POE is not a game based around trade, it is an ARPG where players develop characters with the tools at hand and try to take on the challenges provided by the game

Which are not mutually exclusive.

PoE is a game designed around trade, you like it or not.
Chris said it, the most important aspect of PoE for him is the economy.

Player trading and a game economy are not mutually exclusive. You imagine the entire economy revolves around trading with others. You forget there is an entire economy existing wholly within the game that does not rely on third party websites. One that is based on trading unwanted loot and generating currency with vendors to facilitate in game crafting of better gear, that system requires no player trading whatsoever.

The trouble is is, is that it is broken and players rely on the crutch of third party websites to get through the games content.
Regards Hexcaliber
Last edited by Hexcaliber on Sep 26, 2016, 10:18:14 AM
"
Hexcaliber wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Hexcaliber wrote:

POE is not a game based around trade, it is an ARPG where players develop characters with the tools at hand and try to take on the challenges provided by the game

Player trading and a game economy are not mutually exclusive. You imagine the entire economy revolves around trading with others. You forget there is an entire economy existing wholly within the game that does not rely on third party websites. One that is based on trading unwanted loot and generating currency with vendors to facilitate in game crafting of better gear, that system requires no player trading whatsoever.

The trouble is is, is that it is broken and players rely on the crutch of third party websites to get through the games content.
That's not really trading because items you sell cease to exist. It's not really an economy, because there is infinite supply and pricing doesn't reflect supply and demand. Vendors do simulate trade, but they're not the real thing.

I do agree, though, that vendors need buffing.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 26, 2016, 10:22:33 AM
Hey, GGG. Just a reminder that every single complaint in the OP still stands. I'm (sadly) not expecting any improvements before the next major release in a couple of months. There's plenty of time to fix these problems before that release hits, though. Please fix them. I'd love to play the game again.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:09:30 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
Jennik wrote:
Hey, GGG. Just a reminder that every single complaint in the OP still stands. I'm (sadly) not expecting any improvements before the next major release in a couple of months. There's plenty of time to fix these problems before that release hits, though. Please fix them. I'd love to play the game again.

You didn't come back for essence league, you know the best league for self found crafting since ever?

I'm sure they miss you terribly.

Think you mean the most boring league since ever.
Chroniccomplainerreviews.wordpress.com

Your source for quality honest reviews to save you time and money!
"
Hexcaliber wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Hexcaliber wrote:

Menus up above -> Game -> Overview.

The very first lines we read:

"
Path of Exile is an online Action RPG set in the dark fantasy world of Wraeclast. It is designed around a strong online item economy, deep character customisation, competitive PvP and ladder races. The game is completely free and will never be "pay to win".

Welp, seems ya dun goofed, son.
PoE is designed around player trade. Period. You may be terrible at it, you may not like it, but it is still a thing. By design.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Oct 5, 2016, 2:48:45 AM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:11:48 PM
I having the ability to get any map drop that's connected to your atlas instead of just directly connected to the map you're in would be a great change. I'm not self found, but having to buy maps and/or run a very small subset has really killed a lot of the fun of this league for me.
"
Jgizle wrote:
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
Jennik wrote:

You didn't come back for essence league, you know the best league for self found crafting since ever?

I'm sure they miss you terribly.

Think you mean the most boring league since ever.
AKA "im not getting e z free loot soo its boring" comment.

lol'd

Essence and Prophecy have been better leagues than anything to date. Anyone calling them boring is playing the game for all the wrong reasons.

Sure do love the subset of players brought in/back with perandus, been nothing but whining since that league happened.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Oct 5, 2016, 12:00:25 PM
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Sure do love the subset of players brought in/back with perandus, been nothing but whining since that league happened.

I think GGG did that because they were running low on salt.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info