The True Fire Witch: Explosive Arrow

Ok so EE will not work for the way the OP made the build to work. What happens is if you have any added fire damage on any of your gear and you shoot and EA, all the base elemental damage hit at that time with get the 25% buff, which makes them resistant to everything. Now, I did take off all my pieces that had added fire damage and this is what I ran into.

The initial hits of EA were procing lightning and cold damage (from my quiver, gloves, etc), making the mob weaker to fire, which did wonders for the explosion of EA. Here's the problem. After the explosion of EA they immediately become +25% to fire resists, which makes the burn you just proc'd absolute garbage. I did this for a while and if I shot them again to reactivate EE to get -50% fire resist, then the burn took off and did way more damage.

All in all, you would have to hit the whole group with a non-fire elemental ability before you shoot EA, and right after to keep your burn from getting gimped. Doesn't seem to make EE worth it for this build.

Any other thoughts?
Last edited by LothisBanhammer on Mar 4, 2013, 12:25:04 AM
Well for me, EE works great with this build. Also it stats right in the build not to use any +fire dmg mods on your gear. It also suggests to run a wrath aura if you don't have any other +dmg element mods.

I personally leveled my Wrath to 7 currently in order to hit the "lightning resist" mobs to proc EE. I use a chained LA to proc EE then i hit em with EA then a quick LA afterwards for the burn (if it's actually needed, which its usually not).

However i must say that i did hear that the OP dropped this build and went with a pure LA build. I could be wrong tho iono. But even still this build is great, my EA Witch wrecks everything, everywhere. Never takes more then 3-5seconds to drop any pack or champs or elite mobs. And Act bosses have takein maybe 2 to 3 rounds of 5stacked EA to drop.

Anyway, EE works great with this build (make sure you read the entire guide lol)!
IGN: Aufs_TR_Mine
"
Here's the problem. After the explosion of EA they immediately become +25% to fire resists, which makes the burn you just proc'd absolute garbage.

Cant see any problem....
Just get a splitshoot+chain+gmp, shoot one times (costs u 0,2 sec) and all burning mobs are recive again -50% fireres. Thats way stronger than a additionaly curse , waht would need 0,5 sec to cast, and would be make less than -50% to fireresistent.

My EA even onehits some(not all) map bosses with one arrow (yea, ONE arrow, not 5 stacks of it)
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
how is that posible? 1 arrow on Map boss?
Im having thoughts on getting EE or get % fire damage nodes, the EE combo is hard to pull off especially when your in a party that has different elements hitting the target, guess EE more of a solo player
IGN: flaxburn
I went the route of having more fire and elemental nodes, skipping EE. My normal routine is to pepper the target with five quick arrows and then throw in a Flammability before the fuses activate. Works just fine =)

As far as killing a map boss w one arrow, that's just bunk. Pics or it didn't happen!
"
ManiiNames wrote:
I went the route of having more fire and elemental nodes, skipping EE. My normal routine is to pepper the target with five quick arrows and then throw in a Flammability before the fuses activate. Works just fine =)

As far as killing a map boss w one arrow, that's just bunk. Pics or it didn't happen!

Isnt it better using LMP? for more damage and less mana, let the explosion reach others, ive tried using GMP and other arrows would just hit walls or other stuffs especially on dungeons
IGN: flaxburn
"
ManiiNames wrote:

It depends on the boss. Vaal ruins boss or Tropical island Boss, i need obivios more than one arrow, casue his high fire resistenz/HP.

Tested it against overgroing ruin boss: one arrow, burn, dead.
I cant make a screen (my game than freeze for 5 seconds, and my build is very squishy), but if you not belive me, wisp me ingame (Schwarzpulver).

€died for this screens

He only alive, cause(payed to mutch attention to press f8):
-i forgot to retrigger EE with my split arrow (so he had 75% more fr than he should have)
-i was cursed with Warlocks Mark (he leeched life)

I have no problems to proof this screens, bring me a thiket map. When i dont make the two faults again, he even should die easy at 2 players by one arrow.

Obey the Orb:
Last edited by IsodorRodosi on Mar 5, 2013, 5:24:22 AM
IsodorRodosi EA is real and epic, i played with him before in endgame map and he clear everything real fast (normal,magic, and rare monster die instantly or if they have high enough life to survive, they will die on burning damage), even endgame map unique boss just need less than 5 second to die (EA explodee + burning dmg)
For all who are interest in, i made my character public http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/269967

Obey the Orb:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info