The True Fire Witch: Explosive Arrow

love how people ignore questions here lol.
"
No_Recoil wrote:

Well im not the OP here, but i can tell you that it isn't a noob friendly build. If you read the guide you'll notice you at least need a Quill Rain (unique) Bow for this build to be viable. Not to mention a Quality EA since we take Resolute Technique and can not crit for ignite dmg. And id also suggest getting a Quality Concentrated Effect for the lower mana cost on EA, which is all stated in the guide.

On another note, it would be great if you could chime in on the EE debate Pyro. I've noticed several times when on single target, EE would not proc correctly even tho i have cold dmg on my gloves and i run a lvl 1 Wrath Aura to be sure. So i have two chances to proc cold/lightning, but I've had them still proc 25% fire resist thru EE after the explosion.

Just curious if you've ran into the same thing, if your still playing this toon and weither or not you still prefer to keep EE in the build?
IGN: Aufs_TR_Mine
Have you considered using a spell totem to debuff for EE? Maybe GMP ice spears or forking sparks or EK + fast projectiles + added cold damage?
Last edited by kagamin on Feb 26, 2013, 2:57:19 PM
So i checked out some of the OP's gameplay vids, and from what i could see he only used LA to debuff groups maybe twice to prep for EA. So I'm assuming he only uses EE for Single Target Boss purposes, and doesn't bother with EE for map clears.

Now that I'm ending the 3rd Act of Cruel, Champ packs don't drop within one explosion so the Fire Resist they gain from the explosion is pretty noticeable.

Think once I'm able to obtain a 5L to add Fire Penetration into EA I'll respec out of EE, so i don't drop my single target dps by much, but make trash/champ packs faster.
IGN: Aufs_TR_Mine
"
"
No_Recoil wrote:

Well im not the OP here, but i can tell you that it isn't a noob friendly build. If you read the guide you'll notice you at least need a Quill Rain (unique) Bow for this build to be viable. Not to mention a Quality EA since we take Resolute Technique and can not crit for ignite dmg. And id also suggest getting a Quality Concentrated Effect for the lower mana cost on EA, which is all stated in the guide.

On another note, it would be great if you could chime in on the EE debate Pyro. I've noticed several times when on single target, EE would not proc correctly even tho i have cold dmg on my gloves and i run a lvl 1 Wrath Aura to be sure. So i have two chances to proc cold/lightning, but I've had them still proc 25% fire resist thru EE after the explosion.

Just curious if you've ran into the same thing, if your still playing this toon and weither or not you still prefer to keep EE in the build?
I did see that but I did not know if that was a game breaking items or not, kinda sucks you need to have a specific item to play a build.. oh well thanks for the 411 :/.
hope this build gets viable on maps, starting to think its not, on act 1 merciless now, Im having a hard time killing regen mobs, anyone have problem with this? but I heard this would be an end game build
IGN: flaxburn
EE procs, only the mob titles dont refresh, until ure mouse is on it. Try it out on a single, non dangerous mob: Hit him with a Explosive Arrow, move ure mouse beside him, and again on him, bevore the arrow explode, and u will see: Resist to lighning dmg, vulnarably to cold dmg, vulnarably to fire dmg.

But be aware, 1-2 ldmg on equip/aura isnt enought..if the mob is lighning resistent, and u do "up to an maximum of x lighning dmg" (shown in the skill bottom right side) its possible to deal less than 1 ldmg, so lighning resistent mobs will ignore it, and not get proced by EE.

Easy way to proc EE on simply each enemy, and heals ure life(and mana, if you uses Bloodmagic) instant full: gmp+chain+loh+plit arrow + ldmg or cdmg on equip

@Crunchz87:
I run maps with my EA-build faster, than u can imagine ;)
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
wow really? you using pure blood magic or you got auras and EB? I not going towards EE anymore since its a little hard to proc it, going other routes instead
IGN: flaxburn
"
No_Recoil wrote:

"
No_Recoil wrote:
I did see that but I did not know if that was a game breaking items or not, kinda sucks you need to have a specific item to play a build.. oh well thanks for the 411 :/.

Seriously? Did you not READ the build? It clearly states you need the item. Some builds are item dependent, that's the way they work. If you read the build, they will (at least should) tell you what is required. In this case, the author did indicate that an item is necessary.

I've bolded the important part of his build.

"
PyrosEien wrote:
There's a few key elements to make this build work. First, you will need a Quill Rain unique bow as mentionned before. This isn't an option, Quill Rain is the best bow until you can somehow find a fast thicket bow with +1 all gems and +2 bow, which I'm not sure exists yet and if it does it's extremely rare and won't start dropping until at least lvl 74 anyway.

Please, please read any build carefully! Then you won't have to complain about people not responding to questions you asked, but are already answered.
Last edited by ibugsy on Feb 27, 2013, 1:17:02 PM
"
crunchz87 wrote:
wow really? you using pure blood magic or you got auras and EB? I not going towards EE anymore since its a little hard to proc it, going other routes instead

I dont use any auras. I use bloodmagic, so auras would reserve my life.
Bloodmagic is an easy way to handle the high manaconsume of this build, by only set up one passive skillpoint. But for this, u cant use auras effektive. The only aura u can use is a lvl 1 Wrath (reserves 50 life), if you have no ldmg or cdmg on equip, and whant to proc EE.

And i agree the Autor... ther is NO option for Quillrain, it IS the best bow u can use. Even a thiketbow with 25% AS wont be so fast.
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
Last edited by IsodorRodosi on Feb 27, 2013, 2:41:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info