95% Critical Hit Chance Shadow [Without Charges]

Welcome back again to the 95% Critical Hit Chance build that I've attempted every time there's a wipe during closed beta. You can take a look my previous attempts here:

0.9.10: Featured on Build of the week #10
0.9.12: Same build as 0.9.10, improved

Video

Video in action: Clearing maps

FAQs
FAQs
"
Q: Why wands ?

A: Wands have the highest base critical chance in the game, maxing critical chance with wands will be easier and leave room to round up the characters

"
Q: Why maxing crit chance ? Wouldn't you do more dps if you stack multiplier ?

A: Short answer: Because we can. And that's the wonderful freedom of this game. Obviously the best route toward high dps is a balance between damage, crit chance and crit multiplier. You can feel free to adapt this build to your need of DPS showcase.

"
Q: Why Elemental Hit?

A: Mostly because of the high quality bonus to critical hit chance, and the fact that I hate charges management. A power siphon build can be adapted from this and reach 95% crit chance easily with some leftover.

"
Q: Is it gear dependent ?
A: Not exactly, if you want to do decent damage and progress, there's no need for uber gear. You could reach 70% chance to crit reasonably. Reaching 95% is still a heavy investment however.

"
Q: Why scrubscore ?
A: As I have pointed out before, any build is adaptable and you can reach reasonable amount of dps and survivability to work it in HC.

"
Q: Ok so seriously, how is it possible?
A: Scroll down.

The Build

In order to reach 95% Critical Hit Chance easily, we will abuse the very high critical chance of wand attacks and the quality bonus of Elemental Hit.

Wands have a base critical chance of 8%. For a series of wands with low attack speed (1.1) and high physical damage, the base critical chance is 8.6%.

For all INT weapons (staff, wand, dagger ...) with a base level >60, the critical chance is boosted slightly. For example:
Tornado Wand: lvl 65, Attack speed 1.3, Critical chance: 8.3%
Prophecy Wand: lvl 68, Attack speed 1.1, Critical chance: 8.96%

Next step is to acquire a wands with an ilvl 73 suffix Of Incision (35-38% Local Critical Chance)

For the purpose of building a well rounded characters, a 1.5 aps wand is used. You can reach 95% crit chance easier if you sacrifice attack speed and used this instead:

Either way, that leave us with a base critical chance of at least 11.04%

Acquire the unique item Maligaro's Glove:

And an amulet with preferably an Of Incision suffix:

Then max the following gems with 20% Quality:

And follow this build, which takes pretty much every Critical Strike nodes on the trees:

Build LVL 79 Help no bandits

Passive tree: 445%
Elemental Hit: 80%
Increased Accuracy: 40%
Increased Critical Strike: 113% /125% maximum
Maligaro's Glove: 50%
Amulet's suffix: 33% / 38% maximum

Total Increased Critical Strike: 761%

Critical Hit Chance = 11.04% * (1 + 7.61) = 95.05%

Passive Tree Explanation:

Early Game
Since wands attack sucks early game, leveling up your character using Freezing Pulse (the best lvling skill in the game). The only difference is to start out with the spell damage route. Grab all the crit chance node in the shadow area and top right, picking some spell crit/spell multiplier along the way. Grab some health along the way if needed to survive

Mid Game
Proceed to the highway leading toward the center of the tree, grab the critical chance nodes along the way, bend toward the templar's side and grab the top left's Bloodthirst clusters (leave Inner Force till later). You should have almost all the critical chance nodes except the very last 2 near Ranger starting area

End Game
Once you reach Merciless and got a good farming spot, start transitioning into wands, respect out nodes with spell damage/spell crit and rebuilt the beginning shadow path through attack speed. Round up your character with more HP, pick Inner Force and Eldritch Battery. Stack some auras and make sure you can sustain yourself with a 5L. The rest of the points will be spent reaching toward the last 2 critical strike node

Gear Choice
Since I picked Eldritch Battery, I will focus on ES gear with high HP, The Crest of Perandus takes the shield slot because of its high block chance and some HP. The rest is standard, stack max resists and more of everything.

The rest of the items:

Final:

Thanks for reading. I hope this build inspire many other adaptations (direct copy is lame). The next build for me is probably the same one, except doing with spell. Have fun slinging for all you wanders :)

Changelog

- 0.10.1c: First
Unviable build tester.
Fuse mechanics:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/21503
95% Crit Build Without Charges [0.10.1c]:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172438
Last edited by Progammer on Feb 20, 2013, 7:18:05 AM
Thanks for the informative guide

How high could you get your crit chance with daggers?
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
Good read thanks :)
very nice post and build!
but, could you post a link to your passive tree please?
You will never be happy if
you continue to search for
what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are
looking for the meaning of life.
"
feuerbach wrote:
very nice post and build!
but, could you post a link to your passive tree please?

Its in there, at the part where im calculating crit chance and show where the 445% from passive coming from. I should have been more clear
Unviable build tester.
Fuse mechanics:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/21503
95% Crit Build Without Charges [0.10.1c]:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172438
ah okay, completely missed that! :)
You will never be happy if
you continue to search for
what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are
looking for the meaning of life.
Just a little question: how do you think your survivability would be if you would not use a shield but dual wield (i know that getting two good wands could become expensive, but it should be possible), because in that case you could get Twin terrors (the whole path to it would be 125% increased crit chance, so you could drop the Bloodthirst circle near the templar and 4 of the 15% nodes while still beeing at the same crit chance (if i got the numbers right in my head)) and you would free up 5 or 6 passive points...

EDIT: i just checked what you could do with those 6 nodes and you could push your crit modifier quite a bit (around 80% further increased crit modifier) ;)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Feb 20, 2013, 3:34:24 PM
could you re link a build for the 1.01 patch please ? :)
It isnt hard to reach 95% critical strike chance (without power charges) with daggers as well. With 10.04% crit chance dagger you can reach 81% critical strike chance with passive tree only, and you even wont pick those crappy "+15% crit chance" nodes for that. And it will get CI, GR, VP and US - all you need for endgame.
With Flicker Strike Q20, you will have 89% crit chance, and gaining 6% extra crit chance through gear is easy as cake (2 diamond rings, for example). For other skills, you need 15% extra crit chance from gear, but it could be gained with gear too (Maligaro + 2xdiamond ring + amulet with crit chance).

And yes, we dont even need added accuracy, nor increased critical strikes gems for that (though, with current accuracy mechanics, you will probably want Added accuracy gem anyway, for total consistency).

Here is a link to a build -

Although i appreciate your efforts with wands, i think you sacrifice too much for 95% crit chance. Your build wont be even close to optimal for end-game realities.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
It isnt hard to reach 95% critical strike chance (without power charges) with daggers as well. With 10.04% crit chance dagger you can reach 81% critical strike chance with passive tree only, and you even wont pick those crappy "+15% crit chance" nodes for that. And it will get CI, GR, VP and US - all you need for endgame.
With Flicker Strike Q20, you will have 89% crit chance, and gaining 6% extra crit chance through gear is easy as cake (2 diamond rings, for example). For other skills, you need 15% extra crit chance from gear, but it could be gained with gear too (Maligaro + 2xdiamond ring + amulet with crit chance).

And yes, we dont even need added accuracy, nor increased critical strikes gems for that (though, with current accuracy mechanics, you will probably want Added accuracy gem anyway, for total consistency).

Here is a link to a build -

Although i appreciate your efforts with wands, i think you sacrifice too much for 95% crit chance. Your build wont be even close to optimal for end-game realities.

U've any details guide on this build? Like gear, gems etc? Thx!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info