[2.4] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: RIP to GGG Designing for Xbox One

"
crashbashl wrote:
Cool..but what about a life based build that includes same items but Kingsguard as chest instead of the other two?!?!

It's a lot more tanky.

IMO this build was very good just because of Blood Rage insane APS boost when at low life.
What I was trying to say, is that I need a variation of this build that is not with ES.
But with life and Kingsguard chest instead. Same gloves, amulet, rings, but Kingsguard.
"
crashbashl wrote:
What I was trying to say, is that I need a variation of this build that is not with ES.
But with life and Kingsguard chest instead. Same gloves, amulet, rings, but Kingsguard.

You just described basically every other Mjolner build guide in this forum.

You would not run Energy Shield gear on a Life based build running Kingsguard. Most Mjolner builds run Volls Devotion + Romira's Banquet. Not sure if life based builds use Repentance or not.

Basically, you get a LOT more DPS by doing this build and going low life, but you lose out on survivability that you can get from some life based builds. I don't think one is "best" - they're designed for different things. This build is designed to maximize clear speed while achieving a level of survivability which allows for safe map clearing. This build is not designed to be able to kill all bosses in the game. So, while I would argue that this build is "best" for mapping, it is not "best" for someone who wants to drink 6 beers and then go kill Core Malachai without fear of dying.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Sep 6, 2016, 11:14:37 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for updating the guide and continuing to answer questions. Rebuilt the character on a Berserker and it still works wonders. It actually feels better than it did before in some ways (I had a 30% Mjolner). Also, grats on completing the Atlas :)
"
J0lter wrote:
Just wanted to say thanks for updating the guide and continuing to answer questions. Rebuilt the character on a Berserker and it still works wonders. It actually feels better than it did before in some ways (I had a 30% Mjolner). Also, grats on completing the Atlas :)

The build also feels better than my testing on an old 30% mjolner as well in most respects. It feels like it's at a power level in between where it was before - stronger than 30% mjolner but weaker than 50%.

And you're welcome! I will continue to update this build guide as long as I am playing this build. And as long as the build remains viable for fast map clearing, I have no plans to play anything else.
Last edited by tackle70 on Sep 6, 2016, 11:16:09 PM
hey. i am one of ur follower and i am think about using heretic's veil deicide mask. check this mask out. it is pretty expensive gear but i guess this helm is perfect for ur build. u can save a gem socket and also get more energy shield wit this. what do u think?
"
DIAsUCKs wrote:
hey. i am one of ur follower and i am think about using heretic's veil deicide mask. check this mask out. it is pretty expensive gear but i guess this helm is perfect for ur build. u can save a gem socket and also get more energy shield wit this. what do u think?

I'll test it out. I am personally very partial to having some magic find on gear so that I can chisel/alch/vaal all my maps and still make profit off them, so I doubt i'll switch from my helm, but I'll do some science.

My guess is that heretic's veil would be a good alternate if you wanted to go dual curse but is not great for single curse setup.
Last edited by tackle70 on Sep 8, 2016, 1:29:29 PM
I tried 2 curse build with the helm that i told u and so far, it is pretty good.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/DIAsUCKs/characters

here is my character status.

I am using ele weakness also as second curse.
Tried dual curse, wasn't a huge fan of it personally compared to my normal IIR helm and gem setup.

Anyways, I have been watching some Mjolner videos of other builds and for mapping, I find them pretty poor compared to this build. Really seems to me that if you want to be doing maps with Mjolner, this build is now unquestionably the best in 2.4, and if you want to make a Mjolner Boss Killer for T16s/Malachai/Uber Atziri/Rigwald/(Shaper?), this is probably unquestionably the worst.

Added a pair of comparison videos in OP which demonstrates the relative strength of this build.
Last edited by tackle70 on Sep 10, 2016, 9:38:49 AM
"
tackle70 wrote:

Added a pair of comparison videos in OP which demonstrates the relative strength of this build.

tackle70 as much as I respect you and your build this isnt really a fair comparision. Your build is at lvl 95 in the video, mine is at lvl 89.

My current tree at lvl 89 looks like this:

lvl 89 tree

at lvl 95 it will be lookig like this:

lvl 95 tree

As you can see it will gain 66% increased dmg that Im currently missing. Build has 40%, 44% and an option of 59% for a total of 3x 40%+ MULTIPLIERS so this 66% inc spell dmg will be a significant difference overall.

My current Arc dps per tootlip is 5700 . At lvl 95 it will reach 6500. I know that yours is 9500 and I wont argue that Arc alone Rainbownuke has better dmg output.

But with Discharge its a different story. Simply because your build utilizes elemental penetration on lightning part only. Mine has 41% penetration on both lightning and fire.

Rainbownuke has an option to shock via VoV but either do mine build. What is more it can support itself vs Boss with Righteus Fire for additional 59% more spell dmg. It will be doing more dmg when Bossing than Rainbownuke. I have calculated this using your tree and gear and mine tree and gear @ lvl 95.

More than that in the linked video I wasnt using RF vs boss because I was on a 5link without fortify.

Now you can remove that comparision and wait for me to lvl up and we can redo that comparision with the new recording if you want.

However we both now that Rainbownuke will still be a bit faster in pack clearing but not that significant as it is now. While vs Bosses my life version should have an advantage due to utilizing RF (and thats considering the dmg alone, without other factors).

However I think that doing such a comparisions is a step in wrong direction.

And if you did it just to bring attention than thats a poor play really.

Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on Sep 10, 2016, 10:21:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info