[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

It's a sure thing.

These are my current items, and with them (plus my passive tree) my ED is doing ~35k dps. I'm wondering where these extremely high ED/blight damage numbers are originating from. Especially since even an idealized form of the build (20/20 gems with empower 4 and completed passive tree) was only getting ~65k ED dps on POB for me. This is assuming we don't have max stacks of wither on the target, of course.

I realize my gear is somewhat lacking, but most of the issue is defensive rather than offensive as far as I can tell.
"
Greenfish106 wrote:

These are my current items, and with them (plus my passive tree) my ED is doing ~35k dps. I'm wondering where these extremely high ED/blight damage numbers are originating from. Especially since even an idealized form of the build (20/20 gems with empower 4 and completed passive tree) was only getting ~65k ED dps on POB for me. This is assuming we don't have max stacks of wither on the target, of course.

I realize my gear is somewhat lacking, but most of the issue is defensive rather than offensive as far as I can tell.

75k ED dps and 5.4k life with 1.4k unreserved mana and theres still alot to improve as you can see in the gems for example. If i get empower lvl 4, gems to 21/20 and more spell dmg on my ring and shield then im sure i can reach 90k-100k, maybe even more.
Goo day. I tried your build with Trickster and it works great. Feels good also. And also most items are easy to obtain. But now i want to raise LL ED. But using Occultist. And also i dont want to drop Blight with
this combos just works very good. And i got use to it. Long story short i want to use your approach to build LL Occultist. Any advice and ideas will be welcomed.
bandits ? I can't find them anywhere o.o
"
noeltage wrote:
Goo day. I tried your build with Trickster and it works great. Feels good also. And also most items are easy to obtain. But now i want to raise LL ED. But using Occultist. And also i dont want to drop Blight with
this combos just works very good. And i got use to it. Long story short i want to use your approach to build LL Occultist. Any advice and ideas will be welcomed.

There's some ideas throughout the thread, you can read past 10 or so pages back.
===============================================================================
So, been playing with the ideas how to be not so squishy and do more damage.

First part, as @Nedieth said, build is waaaaaaay better when playing with TC. It outperforms Enfeeble by a lot. But you need to be very agile and move all the time, especially during boss fights. On high tier maps you basically playing in melee range all the time: charge in, cast Contagion+ED, repeat. During boss fights TC gives very nice windows of opportunity to move around and avoid things. But you still can ocasionally die (I wouldn't play this build on HC, nonono). And I found out that CWDT setup

is mandatory. It makes a really big difference in playstyle and overall speed/performance. You also feel more free with it so your clear speed is better.

Second part: damage. Only thing I havent aquired still is helm enchant, which is to be honest is a pain in the ass to get for a reasonable price and with right stats. And I droped Wither setup altogether because: 1 bosses kill it almost instantly 2 in map it's useless 3 I have no space for it.

Overall this build I feel like needs a last push, the final tuning to get to the god tier status: robust and VERY quick all around. Maybe there will be some new items or changes to DOT mechanics (unlikely) or skills that will do that. Or maybe some bright head will find a way to elevate it to the place it deserves to be.

Thanks for reading, have fun.
Last edited by saintrobot on Jan 9, 2018, 9:23:22 AM
"
saintrobot wrote:
"
noeltage wrote:

There's some ideas throughout the thread, you can read past 10 or so pages back.
===============================================================================
So, been playing with the ideas how to be not so squishy and do more damage.

First part, as @Nedieth said, build is waaaaaaay better when playing with TC. It outperforms Enfeeble by a lot. But you need to be very agile and move all the time, especially during boss fights. On high tier maps you basically playing in melee range all the time: charge in, cast Contagion+ED, repeat. During boss fights TC gives very nice windows of opportunity to move around and avoid things. But you still can ocasionally die (I wouldn't play this build on HC, nonono). And I found out that CWDT setup

is mandatory. It makes a really big difference in playstyle and overall speed/performance. You also feel more free with it so your clear speed is better.

Second part: damage. Only thing I havent aquired still is helm enchant, which is to be honest is a pain in the ass to get for a reasonable price and with right stats. And I droped Wither setup altogether because: 1 bosses kill it almost instantly 2 in map it's useless 3 I have no space for it.

Overall this build I feel like needs a last push, the final tuning to get to the god tier status: robust and VERY quick all around. Maybe there will be some new items or changes to DOT mechanics (unlikely) or skills that will do that. Or maybe some bright head will find a way to elevate it to the place it deserves to be.

Thanks for reading, have fun.

Thanks for advice man. Appreciate it. Will do some more reasearch in pob.
@noeltage Basic idea is to use Presence of Chayula, Shavronnes Wrappings, all rares with max possible ES, then trigger LL with linked Blood Magic, Clarity, Discipline (if I'm not mistaken) that's basically it.
P.S.
Ima going to lvlup an Occultist too, LL style. Triple curse sounds really interesting, and hopefully she does more damage, going to compare the performance. Need some more moneyz for Chayula tho.
Hi,

could someone please take a look at my char and give me a few tips where to head next?

Currently I am in tier 9 maps and my damage feels somewhat lacking. How can I increase clearspeed and bosskilling without sacrificing too much survivability?
I recently got my first exalt drop, so a Breath of the Council is finally within reach. Or a sai?
Should I adjust my skilltree? I put a lot of points on the left side because I saw it in another guide.

Thanks in advance.
@Hamude and Greenfish, keep in mind that the DPS from Blight that PoB reports should be multiplied by 20 if your cast/sec * duration > 20. I generally would recommend trying to balance out your cast speed so you get to about 25-30. This would imply that you have time to move and cast ED and still maintain max Blight stacks.

@noeltage, one of my old characters is currently set up for Occultist LL ED. You could import that to PoB as a baseline for skill setups etc. Swap the current gloves for Allelopathy and keep in mind that most of the gear, if not all of it, has legacy ES values. Character name is NediPlaysSCLOLWHATLOLOL. On this character, I tried to fit pretty much everything. The result is that there is no room for utility or rather important stuff such as Clarity. If you are able to play without Shield Charge, the gem setup won't be such a headache.

@tequking, it's at the very bottom of the main post; kill 'em all. You could side with Alira as well, but I am mostly content with the mana regen the lab enchants to boots provides me.

@saintrobot, I am happy that you liked Temporal Chains. Enfeeble just looks so strong on paper, but in the "real world", Temp. Chains is just amazing.

@thegreatJNK, first off you use the Contagion/Blight setup in Allelopathy that Ghazzy does. I think that setup is pretty much garbage, and would change it for a proper Blight setup in the gloves asap and move Contagion to another item. You will lose the CWDT/VLT setup by doing this, but at least try it out and check out the Blight DPS. Breath of the Council feels like the logical next step for you, although your current dagger will still feel better for generic mapping. How do you feel the mana works out for you with Cloak of Defiance? I was going to test it last league, but I fell so much in love with The Perfect Form that I never got around to doing it. Since you use a more mana and armour focused setup than I would, I think I would use a Rumi's instead of the Witchfire (at least until you get dual curse). I would also go to Scion life rather than your current pathing from Light of Divinity to Purity of Flesh.

If you end up liking some proper Blight action, you might want to grab Potency of Will asap as well. It makes everything about these chaos DoT casters feel so much better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info