Inevitable Judgement 'fix' is poorly made

"
It really does say it all how much most of you guys incessantly resort to name-calling with no point whatsoever

I find it hard to believe that you think the pvp community exhibits any form of hostility to other players with little to no reason, seems distinctly out of character for pvpers.

"
rather than actually address the points or be realistic.

We actually have a system in place to help with this process. Next time you're in sarn, go up to that portal to the labyrinth. Behind there, there's this big ol staircase that leads to our primary committee discussion platform. You're welcome to take the center podium and air your grievances there.

"
Mocking people doesn't make you right.

But if you are right while you mock someone, you get a damage multiplier.
"That's nice cupcake" ~ Rlowe, 1984 - RIP in pieces, least we 4get
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"...post-ironic thread..." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"
Alpha_Dragon wrote:
I find it hard to believe that you think the pvp community exhibits any form of hostility to other players with little to no reason, seems distinctly out of character for pvpers.

Actually it's very typical of PvPers in many games from RTS to RPG to FPS. It's why League of Legends has a system to sternly punish people who are rude, especially to newbies, over there. PoE has no such system, so of course the average PoE PvPer is fairly rude. Especially the ones that are here because they can't cut it over there.

"
We actually have a system in place to help with this process. Next time you're in sarn, go up to that portal to the labyrinth. Behind there, there's this big ol staircase that leads to our primary committee discussion platform. You're welcome to take the center podium and air your grievances there.

Problem: The player count is usually 0-4 players tops any time of day. What realm, league and difficulty are you talking about? Because I'm talking about US Texas, any league, normal difficulty. Very few people frequent the arena there, and of those who do, over half of the ones in Standard and Essence are rude as hell and often running troll regen+CWDT builds. And shouldn't these forums be more of a center for discussion than the PvP arena anyways?

"
But if you are right while you mock someone, you get a damage multiplier.

Actually it doesn't. And in League, it gets you a suspension, potentially permanently. How much do you think PoE PvP would be improved if it implemented League's instant-feedback suspension system? Serious question. It would be a very different place, that's for sure. As-is, extreme rudeness is pretty much part of the package more often than not.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
"
TheLastZica wrote:

Problem: The player count is usually 0-4 players tops any time of day. What realm, league and difficulty are you talking about? Because I'm talking about US Texas, any league, normal difficulty. Very few people frequent the arena there, and of those who do, over half of the ones in Standard and Essence are rude as hell and often running troll regen+CWDT builds. And shouldn't these forums be more of a center for discussion than the PvP arena anyways?

I'm just gonna correct one thing, there is no sub real, arenas. There is ONE arena per realm and per league (one for EU, one for US, one for SG and One for Brazil). The gateway seems to be static as Eu is usually on Amsterdam and US on Texas.

You could switch arenas by switching realm (and play on EU if you choose an EU gateway) but the gateway doesn't matter. the only time you can have multiple arenas on one realm is when one reach full capacity and a second instance is created (but it's extremely rare since they increased the number of players allowed inside a few years ago).
Last edited by IceDeal on Sep 25, 2016, 4:56:24 PM
"
League

This game isn't a hugbox, go back to league if you hate personal growth so much.
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"
TheLastZica wrote:

Actually it's very typical of PvPers in many games from RTS to RPG to FPS. It's why League of Legends has a system to sternly punish people who are rude, especially to newbies, over there. PoE has no such system, so of course the average PoE PvPer is fairly rude. Especially the ones that are here because they can't cut it over there.

That's actually pretty inaccurate, as far as I'm concerned. I've only experienced hostility from shitty players who can suddenly wreck house with unfair shit. As for everyone else, this is the most chill PVP community I've encountered in any game with PVP, considering most of it is just older guys who played D2 and don't have time to be complete shitstains. PVP gave this character a second chance, and its community was more helpful than anyone I met in PVE. Any hostility you get from us is probably just because of how you're acting here. But I'm glad you seem to think you're such an expert on this, as you clearly know every PVP player.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
That's actually pretty inaccurate, as far as I'm concerned. I've only experienced hostility from shitty players who can suddenly wreck house with unfair shit. As for everyone else, this is the most chill PVP community I've encountered in any game with PVP, considering most of it is just older guys who played D2 and don't have time to be complete shitstains. PVP gave this character a second chance, and its community was more helpful than anyone I met in PVE. Any hostility you get from us is probably just because of how you're acting here. But I'm glad you seem to think you're such an expert on this, as you clearly know every PVP player.

Because clearly this place and duels/arena in general are the model of civility and you don't spew hostility at a lot of people other than me as frequently seen in the top few threads on the forum.

Mmmhmm.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
"
Because clearly this place and duels/arena in general are the model of civility and you don't spew hostility at a lot of people other than me as frequently seen in the top few threads on the forum.

You'd be surprised how accurate that statement is. I mean, we're not, but you've already stated you prefer a literal playschool for autistic people "game"...
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info