Battlefield 1 Open Beta Thread

The open beta starts for everyone tomorrow, currently if you signed up to the newsletter you might of received a key to start playing today.

currently downloading, but from watching twitch... it reminds me of battlefront, which turned out to be a flop... battlefield 4 was nice, i'm not sure if this one will succeed or not.

anyone else going to try it?
Last edited by bl00dengel on Aug 30, 2016, 1:24:03 PM
Last bumped on Sep 1, 2016, 8:41:01 PM
Ya, i tried it. Meh, not really into it. Feels kinda clunky and just isn't very fun to play. I've never really been a huge fan of Bf though.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
i played it for about 3 hours, it does indeed feel clunky... at first i thought i was lagging or something wrong with my pc... but it's just the way the character moves... it's not... fluid like csgo or overwatch. i find it kind of annoying... also i tend to get killed often by people who are not even remotely close to my screen... sometimes i get killed by people who are about 2 pixels in size because they are so far... now i'll be called a noob etc etc etc ... how am i supposed to be aware of people hiding everywhere that are only 2 pixels in height?

at least in csgo i see where people are, i know it's a different game but that's just my opinion.
"
bl00dengel wrote:
i played it for about 3 hours, it does indeed feel clunky... at first i thought i was lagging or something wrong with my pc... but it's just the way the character moves... it's not... fluid like csgo or overwatch. i find it kind of annoying... also i tend to get killed often by people who are not even remotely close to my screen... sometimes i get killed by people who are about 2 pixels in size because they are so far... now i'll be called a noob etc etc etc ... how am i supposed to be aware of people hiding everywhere that are only 2 pixels in height?

at least in csgo i see where people are, i know it's a different game but that's just my opinion.

I know what you mean. If you don't enjoy sniping (i don't) BF is gonna feel real sluggish. I prefer faster paced shooters. You get killed then have to spawn on yr squadmate or god forbid all the way back at your team's base..takes like 3 min to run back to the fight zzzzzz
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
bl00dengel wrote:

I know what you mean. If you don't enjoy sniping (i don't) BF is gonna feel real sluggish. I prefer faster paced shooters. You get killed then have to spawn on yr squadmate or god forbid all the way back at your team's base..takes like 3 min to run back to the fight zzzzzz

Have you messed around with the UT pre alpha? It's actually pretty fun.

I've almost got my first map finished, too.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
bl00dengel wrote:

Have you messed around with the UT pre alpha? It's actually pretty fun.

I've almost got my first map finished, too.

You lost me, whats that?
"
TheWretch wrote:

You lost me, whats that?
Unreal Tournament, fast paced arena shooter.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

You lost me, whats that?
Unreal Tournament, fast paced arena shooter.

Oooh ya na, never liked arena shooters either. Prefer CoD for MP and Killzone for campaigns, im more into the arcade type of shooters
Played a bit i'm not entirely convinced by the next Battlefield. Will wait a bit after release.
About the new unreal Tournament i had a blast playing it. Good to relax after work.
Hf :)
Performance is kinda bad for me (around 80 fps at 1080p with a gtx 1070) but the gameplay is fun, very similar to 4 and 3 though. I'll probably stick with 4 for my Battlefield itch.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info