Is it a good time to start a new character?

Well is it?
Last bumped on Aug 30, 2016, 4:54:53 PM
Not sure how you could be interested enough in PoE to visit their forums and not notice that a big expansion with a new challenge league releases in 3 days, but here we are, and this is what it looks like.

To answer your question: no! Wait till Friday. Unless you want to play in the standard non-event league for your time playing, in which case, there's no time like the present.
That why i ask because I don't know how these league go. I never been in one before.
I love this game and because of I love diablo 3 too.
Yes.
Challenge leagues last for three months each, after three months there is usually a 3-5 day resting period. After that resting period a new challenge league will start. The prophecy challenge league ended a few hours ago, so if you are interested in the challenge leagues, I'd wait until friday with starting a new character.

It's kind of like seasons in diablo 3, but there's actually a point in playing PoE's leagues. Also, when you complete a certain number of challenges in the challenge league, you earn microtransactions.
You could also play your prophecy character that just went to standard until the league comes out. Plenty of time to get through normal and learn what to expect.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/File:Leagues.png

So that picture shows how the leagues work. In place of "Standard Challenge League" imagine it says Prophecy League. The part where they merge is a point in time (yesterday) so from then until friday, there are only 2 streams. On Friday, 2 new streams will start 'flowing' alongside the large rivers that are Hardcore and Standard, only to merge with them 3 months into the future.

Good luck and hope you enjoy your time here. If you hover over the FORUM tab toward the top of the page you can choose 'index' from the dropdown menu. The class forums have build guides, and 'Gameplay Help and Discussion' is a good place to ask any questions you have about mechanics. The wiki is pretty good for this game too compared to other games I've seen, so don't hesitate to type stuff in there too and explore for yourself.
Last edited by innervation on Aug 30, 2016, 12:06:57 AM
I highly recommend waiting for the essence league and starting there.
Think's for the information.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info