Prediction: Earthquake nerf - Confirmed!

"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
I kind of doubt it, that MTX sale does seem kind of suspicious though now that you mention it HMMMM

Didn't spark spiders go on sale a few days before the nerf last patch? Granted it's still a very strong skill, but I remember reading a similar topic.
"
Namcap wrote:
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
I kind of doubt it, that MTX sale does seem kind of suspicious though now that you mention it HMMMM

Didn't spark spiders go on sale a few days before the nerf last patch? Granted it's still a very strong skill, but I remember reading a similar topic.

Spectral Throw MTX went on sale before it got nerfed. Conspiracy!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

"
Boem wrote:
"
srt746 wrote:
What is the "sweep treatment"?

Sweep was in a similar state as EQ, but then they released EQ and nerfed sweep's AOE so EQ was better.

One could say this was done to give EQ more play-time and as such get more data on EQ as a skill.

So the "sweep treatment" would be reducing it's aoe so it competes with sweep again in therms of clearspeed.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : alternatively they could buff sweeps AOE back again, but i don't get my hopes up when it comes to melee in PoE.

Even with AoE nerf on EQ, the aftershock damage will still have the advantage over sweep with clearspeed. Though, at least the difference will not be like heaven and earth.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:

Even with AoE nerf on EQ, the aftershock damage will still have the advantage over sweep with clearspeed. Though, at least the difference will not be like heaven and earth.

This depends on preference.

Sweeps damage is instant, so you get things like full leech rate instantly etc and it offers a defensive mechanic via knockback.

EQ has more dps output if you take into account the aftershock, but your left vulnerable until this triggers.

If they had similar coverage it would depend on build + play-style preference in my opinion.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:

This depends on preference.

Sweeps damage is instant, so you get things like full leech rate instantly etc and it offers a defensive mechanic via knockback.

EQ has more dps output if you take into account the aftershock, but your left vulnerable until this triggers.

If they had similar coverage it would depend on build + play-style preference in my opinion.

Peace,

-Boem-

I have tried sweep with hegemony's era (crit route) and it felt awkward to me since I am locked in position most of the time (despite the decent damage, crit EQ is insanity), so there is a risk of dying unless you are slayer then tank away. With EQ, it is a matter of hitting the ground then move to next target or in the case of fighting the boss, hit ground then move around to hit boss in another location and rinse repeat.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 29, 2016, 3:54:21 PM
^so what your saying is that you prefer EQ over sweep?
Spoiler
:p?

Interesting that you mention slayer vs reflect, thinking of making a champion EQ duelist but i wonder if i could run reflect maps with it though, which is the only point that might make me go slayer instead of champion.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
^so what your saying is that you prefer EQ over sweep?
Spoiler
:p?

Interesting that you mention slayer vs reflect, thinking of making a champion EQ duelist but i wonder if i could run reflect maps with it though, which is the only point that might make me go slayer instead of champion.

Peace,

-Boem-

Yea, I prefer EQ over sweep. :P

I actually like what GGG did to slayer in 2.3 in fixing the over-leeching mechanic and adding interesting things to Slayer itself. While Champion is nice and all, it feels a bit to bland with the exception of taunt.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 29, 2016, 4:07:01 PM
OT
Well my plan is to run multistrike EQ with 100% reduced skill effect.

And i want to be able to run reflect maps, so i think i will be forced into going slayer. I don't think the champion will be able to take the EQ reflect damage on big packs.

Though i really wanna try the permanent onslaught of the new belt :/

Peace,

-Boem-
several leagues ago i build a toon that was based on the "reduced mana" gem. then it got nerfed to hell and back so no longer was worth a bucket of warm spit. this league i've build an eq build. i swear to god it better not be nerfed into nonexistence. my other toon became completely unplayable and i deleted it. (kept the goodies tho).
"
Dorithe wrote:
Melee has it rough enough as it is. Just buff sweep,ice crash,cleave,heavy strike etc. Don't kill the only good melee ability.

Or Molten strike. Man I would love if if that skill was viable end game. First real-ish build I made when I started PoE.
Deliver pain exquisite

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info