Particle Effect Optimisations in 2.4.0

This is amazing!! The best news I could get on Sunday morning.
OMFG, Vincent, you did what none of GGG managed for many years, I wholeheartedly thank you, cause this is truly game changing, i was unable to play in larger groups so resorted to solo mainly to maintain a decent FPS since my i3-2100 with GTX 750 Ti just drags me down and often results in 5-30fps in full groups which is totally unplayable, also I've suffered from massive lag spikes, this is THE GREATEST single patch ever in the history of GGG, we can't possibly underestimate what you done for us, tens if not hundreds of thousands of players which don't have overkillingly expensive overclocked i5 or i7!

P.S: Raise this guys wage immediately, he's the cornerstone of this game! No matter how much he earns its not enough, in my opinion this should've been done long time ago like in 2011 or 2012,but better later than never. We should also consider nominating for Nobel prize, cause this is seriously soo awesome, with just computer and his hands he changed lives of thousands of people!
Last edited by Ward on Aug 28, 2016, 4:25:45 AM
"
halaci wrote:
it will not have any effect on frame rate if your graphics card is the bottleneck.

Joining to the queue: what is considered a "bottleneck" graphics card for the game in 2.4.0? Tried to find any hardawere requirement specs, but with no luck.

Happy with all the technical improvement, only wish to know how much it will affect me - if it will at all.

It doesn't depend on the game, it depends on your build. Your CPU, GPU, and even RAM can bottleneck your system if one is lagging behind the others.

"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
I was already interested a lot in the new map feature, but after this, i'll probably get a supporter pack...
"
NoiTaTuM wrote:
Question: AVX or AVX2?
Good job

I think they mean AVX, cause AVX2 was introduced with Haswell in 2013(they said AVX from 2011).
"
Qiox wrote:
Two GTX480 with 4GB VRAM each.

I am sure there is something wrong here. GTX480 was 1,5GB and maybe there could be 3GB models.
There is no way the VRAM configuration could allow 4GB VRAM with 384bit back then...
"
frth wrote:
Thants God! My i7-4700MQ supports AVX2!

Never try to use AVX2 without proper cooling.
AVX2 can kneel any CPU cause its very taxing and makes the CPU raise its temp to the sky...
Even on Xeon CPUs, when AVX2 instructions are detected, the CPU downclocks!!! from the begining, in order to keep the CPU temps low.
I remember a very good description someone gave to AVX2. "Imagine your CPU going to Super Sayan mode..."
How would one go about checking if their CPU is AVX or SSE2 ?

GTX 1080 and dual xeon 2680v2 here, the game work like #$%$##$ my fps jump and laggy way too much before patch. Now it work f%$%$#%%$#king great !!!! cant wait to see these particle fix. It's seems like you guys walk on the right path now !!!!!. Goodwork.
[3.2]Muh Sprinkler - /view-thread/2117962
[3.2]Muh Poet's pen elementalist - /view-thread/2105455
[2.6]Unethical Voltaxic -6mans shaper - /view-thread/1882958
[2.4]LULFinder CocDischarge - /view-thread/1753207 (sucks now)
[1.3]JustAnotherCritMjolner - /view-thread/1181110 (relics of the past)
Vincent hype! Again.
There is a sure way to die.

Билды - это листья на дереве Path of Exile. C каждым патчем одни опадают, и каждую лигу вырастают другие.
GGG best company thx Vincent thx all who made POE :)
20 to 40 fps is not a big difference at all. Developer should not be getting us hyped and projecting about performance improvements. More testing needs to be done in high end maps and whatnot, not with a bunch of skeletons shooting stupid projectiles.

It's like No Man's Sky hype / feature list all over again, but now with POE. Don't be fooled, folks. This is a marketing play to hype up 2.4.0.

Nice try Jon, and Vincent. You played yourself.
Last edited by MakeWebSocketsGreatAgain on Aug 28, 2016, 4:47:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info