Season One, Race Event 1: One Hour Solo

"
Shamandar wrote:
Meh. It's not supported in the system.

I am disappointed and not encouraged that "special circumstances" are not considered anywhere in this process.

Granted - there aren't supposed to be any surprises to the developers. When the developers fail to even consider surprises in such a complex project though...

That makes me wonder and lose faith in what's being developed. :/

Wow. Did you pay for this game? I mean, yeah, it seems like if something wasn't fully explained, you might get the benefit of the doubt (to get the extra points), but the reality is that if the effort (and RISK to change the system) involved in making this 1-time change to the awards system could be detrimental in the long run.

Best that the "lessons learned" happen NOW, on the first event of the season. If you used 2 chars and only get points for one of them, now you know.

That said, I DO think that for level rewards, it should at least give you the best of your 2 chars. E.g. in that example of getting to level 2 and dying, then restarting the same event with a 2nd char that gets to level 11. You should get the RP for the 2nd char.

My $0.02 (and I'm new here, so exchange rates may vary). Carry on.
aw man :( i realized just now that if you die you get 0 points for your level. I died at lvl 11 at the last 5 seconds to brutus because i thought maybe killing him would reward me some points.....

afaik the points system (how you earn them) wasn't posted before the race is this the norm? or will it be posted beforehand in the future? or did i just miss it entirely somehow -_-
IGN @TiznaraN
"
TiznaraN wrote:
aw man :( i realized just now that if you die you get 0 points for your level. I died at lvl 11 at the last 5 seconds to brutus because i thought maybe killing him would reward me some points.....

afaik the points system (how you earn them) wasn't posted before the race is this the norm? or will it be posted beforehand in the future? or did i just miss it entirely somehow -_-

The point system has been up since they announced the race season. When you go to www.pathofexile.com just click on any event on the right collumn. This takes you to the forum post for that event and all the information is there.
"

That sucks

"

It was posted in all of the race event posts before the event started. Only thing that was changed/added, 1 day after it was posted though still before the race, was they increased the range of levels that would get reward points.
IGN: Mahdee
Last edited by Mahbi on Feb 22, 2013, 3:56:43 PM
ah wow.......another forum post, I only read 4 I figured I'd covered em all lol. oh well that's cool, i'll gettem tonight :) super fun stuff here GGG
IGN @TiznaraN
"
grindis123 wrote:
Double deaths. first level 1 in muds when I was moving south and obviously didnt see the huge rhoa pack that would charge me. 2nd death in lower prison, chatter room caused my screen to stutter with all kind of bling bling effects going on and I managed to die.

3rd attempt over 20 minutes late, so just went to get some reward points, getting lvl 15 at coves. Lousy start for the season :p

Better than me dude, my two attempts were abysmal.
IGN @dime
I miss the currency prizes, most of this stuff can be obtained through play anyhow, and none of these uniques are exactly worth the competition... why did you guys change an already amazing race system?

Are there any plans to bring back the stand alone races? Once again I just want to reiterate that these prices are not worthy of a 109 race season... at the very least top spots should be receiving cash shop bling or something a little more thought out than a random string of uniques.
Now presenting! Venom ink; malice in the pen, poison on the paper, anger in the mind.

Brought to you by Dat LLC, in partnership with Harassment Industries.

*Disclaimer* No actual products are being sold, shipped or presented. *End of disclaimer*
When will the Season One total points ladder get posted?
240 points for strapped mitts...yea :D hard time selling them for 1 alch...
ign: klavesnica
EDIT: nm me, shouldn't post after a bad day at work. Hating my company's devs shouldn't carry over to here. Sorry!
Last edited by Shamandar on Jun 8, 2013, 11:47:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info